Thread: story events

story events

these movies...is this all we have to look forward to?

are there ever going to be any story events?

the events that do occur...where do you find out about them?

any events...where do you look?

"these movies...is this all we have to look forward to? "
    Nope, I am sure there is more on the way. Also, there is a new story posted as well on the site that links to all these cyborg attacks.

"are there ever going to be any story events? "
    Cyborgs attacks, public meetings with Portman, the press conferences concerning the cyborg attacks, Athen Accords, etc.

"the events that do occur...where do you find out about them?"
    Many are announced before-hand on sites such as www.ao-basher.com, www.anarchy-online.com, www.aoault.com; others you learn about in-game from someone shouting about it in town or in the shopping channels and such (admittedly, you won't hear much if you're out in the wilderness all the time).

"any events...where do you look?"
    All of the above, the problem is that you do have to look.
    Captain Edmundo "Lohengrin" Bolieu
    Assistant to the Medical Chief of Staff
    R.S.G.E. (Division9), Medical Services

Originally posted by Lohengrin
    "these movies...is this all we have to look forward to? "
    Nope, I am sure there is more on the way. Also, there is a new story posted as well on the site that links to all these cyborg attacks.

"are there ever going to be any story events? "
    Cyborgs attacks, public meetings with Portman, the press conferences concerning the cyborg attacks, Athen Accords, etc.

"the events that do occur...where do you find out about them?"
    Many are announced before-hand on sites such as www.ao-basher.com, www.anarchy-online.com, www.aoault.com; others you learn about in-game from someone shouting about it in town or in the shopping channels and such (admittedly, you won't hear much if you're out in the wilderness all the time).

"any events...where do you look?"
    All of the above, the problem is that you do have to look.
    Amazingly, everything you cited happened on RK1. At least to my knowledge.. What about those of us on RK2?

Don't listen to Lothe. He's a member of Div9 and they are notorious of being fanboys of the lack of story Funcom is giving us.

Portman, laggy cyborg fights, lame as heck "press conferences" (that nothing is answered) and an overall lack of events.

Div9 and their leader have been constantly enjoying the lack of anything... why? I don't know... I guess they don't realize that some people actually expect more from a company...

Oh, and that peace treaty is a pretty lame decision... Omni-Tek never agreed to a peace treaty with any group of clans... they just called for a ceasefire.

Hopefully someone will bring that to your attention... you are a part of a company... you can't just extend what you feel is right.

question for fallout

Fallout, you seem to always be saying that you are not going to renew your subscription, and that you are leaving the game. You have been saying this for almost four months now. MY question is, when are you leaving?

Its funny you should mention Div9 being a bunch of fanboys. Maybe they are fan boys, or maybe they are a group of people in a guild who have fun playing together, and enjoy an aspect of rollplaying. This world is full of l33t d00ds and stuff, and just maybe Div9 doesnt allow that sort of thing among their ranks. MAYBE THAT is why they continue to play AO.

There is more to AO than killing mobs and stuff. As funcom has said from the begining AO will hopefully be a successful place for people to gather and to be social.

Division 9 seems to catch a lot of press, and not just the press you catch (bad) but press that involves a lot of people, the Galway Pact, the Athens Accord. These sort of things involve a lot of people, and not just the normal pissing and moaning that you seem to do.

The sad part of it is, you probably have a lot of cool people in your OT Assault Corps, but the problem is, your reputation gives them a bad name. Several times I have been in groups and your members have been turned down because of the rep you have given them. And what is this high level player stuff you are talking about. Most of the ones I have come across in my travels have been level 75 or less. That used to be the high level, but now 75 is the norm pal.

Get a clue. Quit renewing your subscription and quit like you say you are going to do. Get on with your life, and make the rest of us happy.

Rubi 1?

Sounds nice lohengrin. Guess you play on Rubi 1... If you are not aware none of that has been on Rubi 2.

Re: Rubi 1?

Originally posted by Mistell
    Sounds nice lohengrin. Guess you play on Rubi 1... If you are not aware none of that has been on Rubi 2.
    Can we get an official answer to this issue? Is RK2 not the place to be for in game story? Per the request of Funcom when Dim 2 was created, I made all my new characters on Rk2. Now we have no events except for the Halloween Ghost.

If your not going to have the same events in RK2, please tell the people of RK2, so those that want to participate and move over. While you are answering this, can you talk about the creation of the Dimension bridge you talked about so we can move our chars from RK2 to Rk1? When is it going to happen, etc..

Thanks,
    Tiphany of Freedom's Edge
    82 Trader on RK2

"...be social..." - How adoring! ... I WANT FULL FLEDGED CYBERSEX W/emotes plz!