Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OTPC: The Situation in Newland

My ID is rather small, and I believe it to be harmless. I would assume the Neutral's are of the same fashion. Made of some fancy plastic material, holo-processor for the image and information display, and not much else.

And just to comment on the door busting attacks from Omni-Tek. If Omni-Pol is breaking down your door, you're probably a criminal. I've spent my entire life working for Omni-Tek, just like my Parents and we've never spoken to someone who has had their door broke down by the police and members of their family beaten or arrested. I attribute my lack of speaking to people like that because I limit my dealings with criminals.

If you live a law-abiding life then you will be well with Omni-Tek and the Corporation will protect you. Simple concepts that are upheld on most planets regardless of who owns it.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by FoosballX View Post
    Look I think the real truth is you just want all the neutral to run and join the clans in your fight.
    I'm really not interested in having a bunch of people who can't commit and follow through on my line. I'm just commenting that choices made by your leaders and a majority of individuals run the very real risk of turning you and other neutrals into corporate drones. Just give it a couple of generations, and cow-towing to Omni-Tek will become a way of life.

And of course you like Borealis all it really is now is a place for drunken clanners and omni to take pot shots at each other.
    I honestly can't remember a time where I fired a shot in anger at a civilian in Borealis, regardless of faction. Though I have been known to hassle lone guards patrolling back of the subway.

And of course you don't need an ID when walking into an Omni city, and why would you even want one. I mean if you're in a Omni city you're only there to kill someone or blow something up.
    I don't target civilian infrastructure. I'm a freedom fighter, not a terrorist.

But breaking every traffic law in existence in my yalm just isn't fun without Omni-Pol and AF types shooting at me.

What I really don't understand is why this new ID is so much more of a threat then the current IDs we have broadcasting all over the place. I mean it's only a few creds to get the eye implant upgrade to get a displace in your headsup to show who's side a person is on.
    But I need that to know who to shoot.

From what I've seen the new IDs are rather simple and don't this insane tracking software and hardware that everyone keeps talking about.
    Granted. But how long will it be until they do?

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    My ID is rather small, and I believe it to be harmless. I would assume the Neutral's are of the same fashion. Made of some fancy plastic material, holo-processor for the image and information display, and not much else.
    You do realize that all sorts of things can fit into "rather small" packages? If you don't believe me, check your NCU sometime.

And just to comment on the door busting attacks from Omni-Tek. If Omni-Pol is breaking down your door, you're probably a criminal. I've spent my entire life working for Omni-Tek, just like my Parents and we've never spoken to someone who has had their door broke down by the police and members of their family beaten or arrested. I attribute my lack of speaking to people like that because I limit my dealings with criminals.
    I wasn't talking about Pols. An Omn-Pol couldn't catch UBT if you had a medical staff chain-spamming them with it. I don't know if you have any military experience, Mister Pants, but when Omni-AF troops get on the ground and know what to do, an unorganized, unprepared civilian populace can't stop them.

If you live a law-abiding life then you will be well with Omni-Tek and the Corporation will protect you. Simple concepts that are upheld on most planets regardless of who owns it.
    Omni-Tek is concerned with the corporation, not individuals. I've seen them leave combat teams on the vine to die - permanently - simply because extracting them from the situation wouldn't be profitable. I don't have the exact numbers - no one does, I'm sure - but you're naive if you think Rubi-Ka is the only planet on which Omni-Tek is fighting an insurgency.

Don't think for a moment that if Omni-Tek believes you've outlived your usefulness that you won't be packed off to reform and re-wired.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Whatever Berinda, why don't you just come out and say it. "If you're not with us your against us" words of a true freedom fighter.
    Neutrals just can't get anything without some clanner trying to use it against us to get more numbers in their fight. Keep looking for things to pick away at, and keep wondering why more and more neutrals to make alliances with Omni.

Reality all you're doing is complaining about something that has nothing to do with you.

I'm done, this is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by FoosballX View Post
    Whatever Berinda, why don't you just come out and say it. "If you're not with us your against us"
    I'm not so intolerant as to brand an entire group of people; I have several friends who are, unfortunately, Omni-Tek employees. I tend to judge people on individual merits, and that being said, I find this sudden hostility from you a little confusing because I was under the impression we had always got on well.

words of a true freedom fighter.
    No, they aren't. Which it makes it a good thing I never said them.

Neutrals just can't get anything without some clanner trying to use it against us to get more numbers in their fight. Keep looking for things to pick away at, and keep wondering why more and more neutrals to make alliances with Omni.
    The problem isn't with neutrals getting things so much as them getting things usually ends up helping the corporation. And it's obvious why neutrals make pacts with OT - economic advantages. I'm not going to be silly and claim there's anything morally objectionable to the motivation, but it's going to end up hurting rather than helping you people in the long run.

Reality all you're doing is complaining about something that has nothing to do with you.
    If it's got to do with Omni-Drek broadening it's power, it's my business.

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    in the early days of excursions into Pandemonium and the outzones it was decided that neutrals weren't welcome to fight alongside clans, but this unfortunate decision has seeped into things like battling for land control areas and picking sides on the battlestation.
    actually, it was neutrals' fault the clanners didn't allow them to join us in the excursions, cause several neutrals only infiltrated us & used that as our weak point to relay timetables and battle plans to the omnis, thus helping out the omnis striking against the clans, and after we had enough of the spying we just decided not to let neutrals in anymore... and i can know i tried hard to get neutrals in with clanners again, giving them a 2nd chance, but the clanners had lost too much trust in neutrals being .... well... neutral
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Clanners have trust?

Oh yes as in DON'T TRUST A CLANNER.. so say the Clans themselves. It must be so depressing to live in such chaos, crime, squalor, and dissorder... You cant even trust your own mates. But hey, you reap what you sow. The Clans are built off of rebellion, beytrayal, and the selfish belief that the world owes them something for nothing.

Get a clue the whole Universe doesnt work that way. Its because of the Clans that Rubi-Ka's Terriforming was not completed. Why should Omni-Tek pay for you selfish, small minded, childish, asses to get a pretty place to live? This world could have been a new eden, but selfish children saw an end to it. Thanks Clans for runing it all.. for everyone. I for one have begun to pressure Omni-Tek to deal final blow to the clans. I am asking them to bring in Battle Crusiers and Battleships left over from the Corporate Wars and glass the entire north so we can get back to rebuilding this world without the disruption of the Clans. A few weeks of orbital bombarment should help clear the air. Complete destruction of the Clan Insurance system and a few divisions of Omni-AF should be able to mop up the rest of you. Its time for bold steps by omni so that the Neutrals and Omni-Tek can live in peace on this world and we can build our eden here for our children.

did i just hear some omni-propaganda or am i dreaming?
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

If by propaganda you mean truth, yes.

You never had a right to be here, you never had a right to exist here, and you never had a right to rebel.

When all the Clans are gone, this world will be a better place. Were Omni-Tek gone this would would be a trash-heap of squabbling minor kings of junk-piles all seeking their own glory. There is no unity in the Clans, there never was. Your own infighting shows what the world would be like if you were to rule it. Certainly NOT some place the Neutrals would like to live.

You only exist because the Corporate Wars distracted Omni-Tek long enough to get the ICC involved on your behalf. I for one would see Omni-Tek risk sanctions because never will the ICC risk loosing the flow of notum and that means Omni-Tek should act and act now as Clan aggression and Terrorism against Omni-Tek mining installations is at an all time high.
    Last edited by meatybtz; Dec 14th, 2007 at 02:48:31.

Quote Originally Posted by meatybtz View Post
    You only exist because the Corporate Wars distracted Omni-Tek long enough to get the ICC involved on your behalf. I for one would see Omni-Tek risk sanctions because never will the ICC risk loosing the flow of notum and that means Omni-Tek should act and act now as Clan aggression and Terrorism against Omni-Tek mining installations is at an all time high.

We need to keep the situation in the larger, and more likely, context.

Extreme Aggression, especially if not warranted by extreme Clan aggression, will not result in Omni-Tek’s immediate eviction. It will result in a shortening of the Omni-Tek Lease on Rubi-Ka, resulting in lower long-range profits as well as financial sanctions on all of our Notum Exports and likely on all of our third-party imports.

And on behalf of the Transportation Department I can say; we do not want sanctions.

SO, all that has been going on with the non-stop attacks on omni Notum Mining Towers isnt extreme aggression? Trousers, the ICC would rather have the situation here ended, its a constant headache. I have doubts that they would sanction at all. Maybe give us a strongly worded letter to not behave so again.. But I am sure the ICC does not support Terrorists.

Squatting on our land, threatening us daily. Screaming at the top of their lungs, no peace while an Omni Draws breath on Rubi-Ka? This reminds me alot of those ancient vids from earth.. what was it.. oh yes the Plastinians? or whatever.. cant recall the name. Always wondered why anyone put up with them.

Our troops are in the field daily defending Notum Mining Operations against wave after wave of Clan Terror Troops. At this point we are starting to ask when the BoD will start to take action! We are out there, on the ground. Defending against well armed and equipped clans, made strong by years of our lax behavior. We need help. We need reenforcements, and we need to end this senselessness of letting a highly aggressive culture thrive unchecked on our world.
    Last edited by meatybtz; Dec 14th, 2007 at 05:47:39.

Our troops are in the field daily defending Notum Mining Operations against wave after wave of Clan Terror Troops.
    That sounds pretty awesome. Have any idea where these waves of berserk clanners hang out, because I've never met any and they sound like my kind of people. ((That's IC sarcasm btw))

At this point we are starting to ask when the BoD will start to take action! We are out there, on the ground. Defending against well armed and equipped clans, made strong by years of our lax behavior. We need help. We need reenforcements, and we need to end this senselessness of letting a highly aggressive culture thrive unchecked on our world.
    Sounds like you're aggravated with Omni-Tek for not giving you proper support. It's a natural way to feel, because I've been in your position and it's how it is. But if you want a real treat, try doing it on a planet other than Rubi-Ka so you don't have the luxury of insurance.

Secondly, the clanners are doing what any nation of people has historically done when an outside force threatens; they fight.

If you're worried that the clanners are using good equipment to take the fight to you, how's escalating against them going to help? If you're worried about armed clanners look to your rival corporations. Doesn't take a genius to see that Omni-RK being gutted from the inside and imploding benefits these other companies when they can move in and lease it from the ICC. Is all you see a clanner being aggressive to you when someone dressed in Ofab shoots at you from a Kolt assault mech armed with BigBurger guns on a Sol Banking funded battlestation?

In my mind, the only real option you guys seem to have is wiping out the companies sponsoring us. And even if you were to do that, we'd still have willpower and smarts; myself and a mechanically inclined friend are doing some exciting work re-militarizing Phasefront Wraiths using the cannons from a personalized mech, for example.

You also seem to be under the misconception that RK is Omni-Tek property, which is often a view held by twits. You're leasing it from the ICC. When this whole mess started decades ago, you could have just let the clans go off and do as they pleased, and kept up your production without hassle as you rode out the rest of the lease. But the Company freaked like they always do and started rolling out the command juggernauts and cracking skulls.

Now, a few generations later, we have people who can call down bombers and orbital strikes shooting at each other for sport because it's culturally ingrained and dying means nothing except temporary amnesia and some vomitting. Go figure.

SO, all that has been going on with the non-stop attacks on omni Notum Mining Towers isnt extreme aggression? Trousers, the ICC would rather have the situation here ended, its a constant headache. I have doubts that they would sanction at all. Maybe give us a strongly worded letter to not behave so again.. But I am sure the ICC does not support Terrorists.
    The ICC Does not, however they do uphold laws. The ICC has, I believe twice in the past, cut our lease for our dealings with non-corporate persons. The ICC would love to see Omni-Tek monopoly on Notum come to an end so that other Hyper Corporations could terraform regions of the planet and begin their own exports. Higher volume of exports coupled with rival Corporations creates competition and competition lowers prices. Lower Prices creates higher trade volume. And higher trade volume equates to higher taxes paid to the ICC. This is all a matter of Credits.

Our troops are in the field daily defending Notum Mining Operations against wave after wave of Clan Terror Troops. At this point we are starting to ask when the BoD will start to take action! We are out there, on the ground. Defending against well armed and equipped clans, made strong by years of our lax behavior. We need help. We need reenforcement, and we need to end this senselessness of letting a highly aggressive culture thrive unchecked on our world.
    The good Lieutenant General Robert Rosuma of the Omni-Armed Forces has tried time after time to garner the support of the Military Affiliates as well as Mercenaries that fight on behalf of Omni-Tek, however, The unenlisted support has been waning and the Armed Forces has had to fight these battles without outside support.

Also, just as a side note. If I recall correctly from my brief study of Omni-Reform protocol, I do believe Corporate Best Practice is counter-attack and crush cells who openly engage the Corporation in open combat but offer those who do not wish to fight an opportunity to seek Reformation and be welcomed into our family.
    Last edited by Trousers; Dec 14th, 2007 at 14:55:16. Reason: Linked to Rosuma's Profile Picture of ot-affiliates.org

Berinda,

I still dont recognize the clans right to be beligerant. Nor their "right" to territory or their so called "freedom". The neutrals enjoy that freedom and lack the infighting and chaotic behaivor of the clans. The Clans are not in the best interests of Rubi-Ka. Out for themselves. I will never recognize that right. So claiming your defending yourself against Omni-Tek when you have been the aggressor against the Rightfull and Lawfull Rule of Omni-Tek seems horribly twisted view. Clans try and spout the rhetoric of how evil Omni-Tek was to them in the past. Seems we do a smashing job of updating our policies to take care of pasts errors in policy. Yet you insist on continued bilgerancy over outdated reasons... thus proving that you are simply beligerant against any rightful authority figure, further, showing that you are mere anarchists and terrorists. As for the lease, it gives us right of governance, that is.. Omni-Tek is the Law and Order of Rubi-Ka. We can choose to give that right out, as we have in Newland City. I would gather we have done that because they have prooved capable of self-governance w/o becoming a threat to planetary stabillity... like the Clans are. And the Clans did not ever dream of peacfully going off to do their own thing.. they wanted blood from day one.. They wanted REVENGE for slights, real and perceived. They marched into OMNI-3 and KILLED EVERYONE and took it BY FORCE as their own. Later, another CLAN, marched into Tir, and repeated the process. Show me how you have prooved to be anything other than violent, aggressive, murdering, and lawless.

Trousers,
    We have been doing our best with the limited support of Omni-Tek affilated organizations and Contracted Armies. To our record we have held our own leased mining installations against months of Clan aggression. Also, we have performed retributive strikes on 3 occasions resulting in no less than the complete destruction of 5 Clan Mining Installations and the removal of all involved clan personel by force. We then, as per contract rules, turned those liberated sites over to other Affilated organizations who then failed to hold them.

I would propose the recruitment of at least 1 more division of Omni-Tek Armed Forces from off-world and to then divide those on a platoon level and place a platoon on patrol at each omni-tek owned or omni-tek leased mining installation to provide the additional support for Organisations whos current membership is down and for those who lack their own internal security personel needed to defend the installation.
    Last edited by meatybtz; Dec 14th, 2007 at 19:04:17. Reason: added line in response to Berinda's Lease statement

Clans try and spout the rhetoric of how evil Omni-Tek was to them in the past.
    Don't forget to remind them that their ancestors were employees. They chose to take up arms rather then quit and look for work elsewhere. Also remind them that Omni-Tek is not responsible for their past poor decisions.

Trousers,
    We have been doing our best with the limited support of Omni-Tek affilated organizations and Contracted Armies. To our record we have held our own leased mining installations against months of Clan aggression. Also, we have performed retributive strikes on 3 occasions resulting in no less than the complete destruction of 5 Clan Mining Installations and the removal of all involved clan personel by force. We then, as per contract rules, turned those liberated sites over to other Affilated organizations who then failed to hold them.
    That is all fine and good. If terrorists choose to attack Corporate Property then you, and the armed forces as a whole have every right, and to a large degree an obligation, to strike back against the aggressors and fight them to eradication if you're ordered to do so. I have reservations with taking the fight beyond those who assaulted because the further you push, the closer you get to population centers and it's when the fight gets taken into a population center with innocent civilians that we begin to lose the war even if we rack up more casualties.

I would propose the recruitment of at least 1 more division of Omni-Tek Armed Forces from off-world and to then divide those on a platoon level and place a platoon on patrol at each omni-tek owned or omni-tek leased mining installation to provide the additional support for Organisations whos current membership is down and for those who lack their own internal security personel needed to defend the installation.
    I agree with you without argument on this point, however the ICC has stated that Omni-Tek is forbidden from landing additional military assets on Rubi-Ka. So, unless we can persuade the ICC to change their mind, or get the Navy to station more ships in orbit we're going to remain in the tight spot that we're in now.
    Last edited by Trousers; Dec 14th, 2007 at 20:01:29.

One wonders what has to happen to allow the ICC to let us take the kid gloves off. They have take our cities, killed our civillians (as well as neutral civilians). Yet we cannot do anything against them in the name of peace and stability? It is most depressing and distressing. Doggedly myself and others will battle on but with the support network in place the Clans can never be defeated by limited war.

One wonders what has to happen to allow the ICC to let us take the kid gloves off. They have take our cities, killed our civillians (as well as neutral civilians). Yet we cannot do anything against them in the name of peace and stability? It is most depressing and distressing. Doggedly myself and others will battle on but with the support network in place the Clans can never be defeated by limited war.
    If you read up on your history, there was a pretty big war between Omni-Tek and the clans. Beligerance still exists, but it's nothing like the all-out warfare that it was.

And I don't recognize Omni-Tek's percieved "right" to abuse the hell out of us. How's that grab you? You also didn't touch my very legitimate point that Omni-Tek doesn't reinforce you because it simply does not care about its troops. So long as they keep raking in the cash, it doesn't matter how hard you have to do to get your job done so long as you get it done.

Sounds to me you're more upset with Omni-Tek and the interaction it has with other corporations than clanners. Especially since, in the long run, all the clans can hope for is whoever takes over this mess of a governance has sense to leave us alone.

I wouldn't even get into the civilian killing Omni-Tek did. A lot of the massacres are old history and both sides did them. At least my friends and I don't kill civilians, and I hope the same can be said of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    1-And I don't recognize Omni-Tek's percieved "right" to abuse the hell out of us. How's that grab you? You also didn't touch my very legitimate point that Omni-Tek doesn't reinforce you because it simply does not care about its troops. So long as they keep raking in the cash, it doesn't matter how hard you have to do to get your job done so long as you get it done.

2-Sounds to me you're more upset with Omni-Tek and the interaction it has with other corporations than clanners. Especially since, in the long run, all the clans can hope for is whoever takes over this mess of a governance has sense to leave us alone.
    Point-1: Omni-Tek has been disallowed from reinforcing us. Unlike the Clans, Omni-Tek and its associates are bound to law and respect the law. Its not that they do no care its that they are a business and also a law abiding one at that. My proposal was to ask them to once again see if we cant get authorization to move in more troops.

Point-2: Leave you Alone? You are the aggressor here (rather the Clans you, not you personally), you have attacked and taken and attacked and taken. You don't want to be left alone, you want to rule. Thats a vast difference. If you wanted to be left alone you would be. The problem is you insist on not letting anyone let you alone. Sometimes I wonder if the outright belligerency is the reason that The Pilgrims left.

Point-1: Omni-Tek has been disallowed from reinforcing us. Unlike the Clans, Omni-Tek and its associates are bound to law and respect the law. Its not that they do no care its that they are a business and also a law abiding one at that. My proposal was to ask them to once again see if we cant get authorization to move in more troops.
    I meant reinforcing using local troops. In my travels I see a lot of Pol and AF types in places that make no sense. Also, for some reason, despite the fact Omni-Tek has several camps with new high-tech Dreadloch gear, a good fair many of their troops are not armed with such weaponry. If they cared, don't you think all the boys and girls on the front line would be in Ofab armor and toting Sharks?

Point-2: Leave you Alone? You are the aggressor here (rather the Clans you, not you personally), you have attacked and taken and attacked and taken. You don't want to be left alone, you want to rule. Thats a vast difference. If you wanted to be left alone you would be. The problem is you insist on not letting anyone let you alone. Sometimes I wonder if the outright belligerency is the reason that The Pilgrims left.
    Omni-Tek can't pull that card. When the original miners who formed the clans tried to go on strike peacefully, a lot of them got killed. So they fought back. And it went back and forth to get us into the condition we are now.

And if you are going to claim that if we didn't lash out at Omni-Tek we'd have the freedom granted like neutrals, that we're the aggressor I have a couple questions: How is the annexation of Borealis treating you, and how long until you guys take over Newland? That goes back to the original question, and it's a question of Omni-Tek preying on those who don't have the strength to oppose them.

*laughs*
    The Clans always try and pull out the Bor' Card. Does not play out deary. No neutrals were kill except those that attacked Omni Forces. Here is a pro-tip for you. When an Omni-Citizen attacks an Omni-Guard.. Oh my, they shoot us too. I hear that your own guards do the same. Quite shocking then when the guards ONLY attack those who attack them in Bor'. Your position is weakend by playing such a weak card. Not ONE CIVILIAN WAS HARMED, and as an added advantage the peace and security of that city has been improved.

Now, compair that with the Unionist revolt (sponsored by the Clans I might add), where they Masacred CIVILIANS in the various towns of the 4 Holes Region.

So lets review:
    Omni-Tek enters a neutral town to increase defense and stabillity for the good of the whole planet.. Total Civilian Casualties:0

Clan Unionists invade the 4-Holes Region... for their OWN ENDS, killing all Omni-Tek personel on sight. After days of effort Omni-Tek is able to redirect the Insurance system to free Omni-Tek Civilian workers from being chain killed for Clan amusement because of the suddenenss of the attack did not give time for Insurance System Adjustments. Total Civilian Casualties: Cannot be counted at this time.

So Clans, such a shining becon in the modern period of restraint and HUMANITARIANISM.... chain killing Omni-Tek civilians for pure amusement. An actual hostile take over of an area while omni secured an area. The difference is night and day.

Trousers, one more thing. I got so involved in arguing with this Clanner I forgot to note. I know that cost analysis is your field but what is it costing Omni-Tek when roughly 50% of Notum Mining Installations on the planet have fallen into Clan hands and the others are harrased almost daily. And all this in just the last 3 months. What impact is that having on our profit margin? I saw ours beause I am a stock holder in Omni-Tek and I care about our profit and dividends. Our Monopoly means nothing when we cant mine the notum because its all in Clan hands.

Trousers, one more thing. I got so involved in arguing with this Clanner I forgot to note. I know that cost analysis is your field but what is it costing Omni-Tek when roughly 50% of Notum Mining Installations on the planet have fallen into Clan hands and the others are harrased almost daily. And all this in just the last 3 months. What impact is that having on our profit margin? I saw ours beause I am a stock holder in Omni-Tek and I care about our profit and dividends. Our Monopoly means nothing when we cant mine the notum because its all in Clan hands.
    I don't have data from Omni-Mine, and of course I am not authorized to give Transit numbers. However, I can say even with the loss of the 4 Holes region and other smaller mining operations, we at Omni-Trans are meeting our Export Quotas so I would assume that Omni-Mine is doing the same. I can also say that just because we're meeting Quotas does not mean that we could not be doing better, and that the current situation is not a problem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast