Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OTPC: The Situation in Newland

OTPC: The Situation in Newland

The Situation in Newland
    December 10, 29481 - [Global]

OTPC - Omni-One HQ - The board of Directors released a statement about the situation in Newland City in regards to last month's incident 'involving rollerrats' today.

'After considering various possible reactions and summoning Mr. King before the Board to defend himself, we came in unison to a result that underlines Omni-Tek's interest in the well-being of its employees' stated Director Zeiler this morning in an interview with OTPC.

Mr. King issued the following statement on this matter:
    'I would like to start with expressing my sincerest apologies for a certain incident last month, involving rollerrats. This specific event was in no way meant to offend any person on a personal level, but merely to express a point of view in the discussion surrounding this event. I hereby apologize for any inconvenience and bad impact on running operations this might have caused. I also offer to make reparation to make up for any spent expenses, like cleaning crews and such.'

While the misguided actions of Mr. King are of an offensive and inappropriate manner, it is the boards understanding that he had the best interest of the population of Rubi-Ka in mind. Therefore we show our benevolence and accept Mr. King's apology. He will be only charged with the expenses caused by his actions.

In regards to the issue of Neutral Identification Chips.
    These will be manufactured and distributed by and to the expense of Newland City. They are, like the ID Chips for full Omni-Tek employees, required to be carried around all Omni-Tek cities and installations.

On the topic of the official status of Newland City, its neutral status is renewed and the city should be considered neutral in the ongoing conflict between Omni-Tek and the clans.

Property within its borders is leased to the inhabitants, represented by their elected speaker, Mr. King. Public security and compliance to general law is to be handled by the Newland City Militia.

Ah, news to have a good start of the week.

So, when are the Unicorns showing up to secure the outlying Phasefront vendor and in the process accidently replace Newland city's guards with Omni-AF troopers?
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

right so...

when they dropped the Rollerrats with the ID chips in them *applauds, and cheers heartily* Omni Tek think only of the mess created by having said rollerrats in Omni 1 HQ.
    oh and totally miss the entire point as to why they were dumped back there with the ID chips!

In regards to the issue of Neutral Identification Chips.
    These will be manufactured and distributed by and to the expense of Newland City. They are, like the ID Chips for full Omni-Tek employees, required to be carried around all Omni-Tek cities and installations.
    so in all they blindly dont notice that the Neutrals dont want this at all and a steamrollering the NLCC into making them pay for them and implement them.
    so we essentially become Omni Tek citizens.
    Question, what happens when a said neutral with 'Neutral Omni Tek chip goes to say Old Athen! Bang the Vanguards read Omni Tek Employee and kill us on site!
    theyre trying to stir up trouble again!

ooc{{
    cold they be talking about a neut token board?

(like the one worn by the OT citizens??)

}}

Quote Originally Posted by Lasliana View Post
    Question, what happens when a said neutral with 'Neutral Omni Tek chip goes to say Old Athen! Bang the Vanguards read Omni Tek Employee and kill us on site!
    Buy your copy of ChitChat magazine edition 16 soon, it is talked about in-detail, and has guidelines on what to do

(( as for buka, it's not tokens as for token boards, it's an RP chip ))
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasliana View Post
    right so...

when they dropped the Rollerrats with the ID chips in them *applauds, and cheers heartily* Omni Tek think only of the mess created by having said rollerrats in Omni 1 HQ.
    oh and totally miss the entire point as to why they were dumped back there with the ID chips!

so in all they blindly dont notice that the Neutrals dont want this at all and a steamrollering the NLCC into making them pay for them and implement them.
    so we essentially become Omni Tek citizens.

You sound like the one stiring up trouble. Omni just renewed the neutral lease agreement. Acknowledged the governorship and the rule of law of Newland is in the hands of the neutrals. The ID chips are a matter of security. Proper identification is important in controlling crime rates.. which have ALWAYS been higher in neutral areas. This in no way impinges on your freedoms. In fact the BoD have been generious in the face of a terrorist attack.. though mind you it was a rather amusing attack. None the less, having to pay reperations yet still be given your freedom is a good thing. What more freedom do you want? If you say Omni-Tek gone, then those sound more like clan words to me... perhaps your a spy sent to stir up trouble.

As Mayor King explained to me the Neutral Identification Chips will be made and distributed by neutrals. They will not be Omni issued; however, they will be required to for neutrals to have on them when traveling in Omni Cities. I'm fairly sure they won't be required in Neutral cities, well except maybe Borealis but that's another story.

The bottom line is, if you don't want the chip that's fine don't take it nobody is forcing you too. But should you be arrested in an Omni city for not carrying ID with you don't expect anyone from the Newland Council or anything other Neutral representative to come and bail you out. When in Rome do as the Omni, or something like that.

Oh and Berinda I don't see Unicorn or AF outside guarding Phasefront anytime soon. Besides it was clanners that attacked us while giving the Phasefront rep the tour of Newland with Mayor King. Maybe us neutrals should be more worried about Vanguard trying to move in.

Beta "Foosball33" Cross
    Foreign Affairs Minister for the Newland Council (RK2)

So, kind of like a passport?
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Yeah I guess it could be look at like a passport.

or a way for OT to track where you go & what you do non-stop
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

oh look, the rabble rouser is here...

do people actually listen to you? I always thought you just talked because you liked the sound of your own voice.. well that and selling magazines...

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    or a way for OT to track where you go & what you do non-stop
    Most of the neutral civilian population has ingratiated itself with Omni-Tek to the point where they should no longer be considered neutral, so I don't think the Omneuts will mind this too terribly. After all, they're getting all the downsides of being controlled by Omni-Tek and none of the benefits. They brought this on themselves, and obviously want it.

i'd have said no, but after what i heard from Toog and Boltgun i got to agree really... they say no one leashes them, till omni-tek says "bad boy" and they walk off with their tails between their legs...

great example of an "independent faction"

Well, at the very least it is a Neutral company developing the chips, not an Omni-Tek company.

I know that if I were a Neutral, I'd feel much safer this way, OT supervising the chips or not.
    Cpt. Darius "Gustavis" Caesar,
    Omni-Pol Bureau of Investigation

Interview with Rubi-Ka Times at AO-Universe!

Alright what part about "Neutral" made is so hard to understand? And there isn't going to be any Omni supervision. And maybe the ID chips aren't that bad of an idea, I mean the clanners came out with their own new IDs, so why shouldn't the neutrals, I mean we all have mechs.

But whatever there's no point in talking with people with IQs under 10.

the clanners have a free choice to choose to wear them or leave them in a lead box at home, as for the neutrals they were forced to wear them by omni-tek 2ce, and will be shot / arrested not wearing them on checkups or going in omni cities

i'd say there is a painful difference... clans say wear them if u want, don't if u don't want to, neutrals don't need any to come in clan cities

omnis say wear them when we see u or else... but as Berinda so nicely put it, omneuts...

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    the clanners have a free choice to choose to wear them or leave them in a lead box at home, as for the neutrals they were forced to wear them by omni-tek 2ce, and will be shot / arrested not wearing them on checkups or going in omni cities

i'd say there is a painful difference... clans say wear them if u want, don't if u don't want to, neutrals don't need any to come in clan cities

omnis say wear them when we see u or else... but as Berinda so nicely put it, omneuts...
    You clearly read as well as you can spell, "2ce" is this even a word?

Neutrals are only be told to wear them in Omni cities, as far as Neutrals cities such as Newland there is no enforcement. I really don't see what the big deal is. Neutrals are making ID chips, just like everyone else on the planet, if neutrals want one they can have one, if they don't then they don't. Nobody is being forced to take or wear an ID, and nobody is being forced to go to an Omni city. However if a neutral feels the overwhelming need to goto an Omni city, then yes they better pick up an ID. Because Omni is making a law that everyone in their cities carry an ID.

God forbid, someone should go to another city, country, planet and respect the laws and customs there.

Neutrals being told they have to have an ID when going to an Omni city, is pretty much like telling neutrals to expect to be shot when going into Tir. Both are a fact of living and traveling on Rubi-ka.

But you're right, neutrals don't need to come to any clan cities just like you and Berinda don't need to come to any neutral cities. If you don't like what has been done here then stay out of Newland, nobody is forcing you to come here in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by FoosballX View Post
    But you're right, neutrals don't need to come to any clan cities just like you and Berinda don't need to come to any neutral cities. If you don't like what has been done here then stay out of Newland, nobody is forcing you to come here in the first place.
    Borealis is more my kind of place than Newland is, though the latter has a home town feel that I like. But when the unicorns come knocking on the gate and AF troopers raid the houses of people who could actively resist before an alarm is raised - because they were able to pinpoint their homes, if not location, through the ID chips - there will be no one to blame aside from the likes of Mayor King. I've seen it before. I've been a member of those types of Omni raid teams before. And I'm not saying all neutrals are like Omni, but there are enough Omneuts that you've traded your freedom for security under Omni-Tek rule, and you may not even have your security for much longer.

And I'm not saying clanners haven't had their part in this, as in the early days of excursions into Pandemonium and the outzones it was decided that neutrals weren't welcome to fight alongside clans, but this unfortunate decision has seeped into things like battling for land control areas and picking sides on the battlestation. Regardless of an individual's choice, the "neutral faction" as a whole is so comitted to helping Omni-Tek in the fight for Rubi-Ka and the Shadowlands that they'd gain far more benefits and suffer fewer drawbacks if they were to sign up with the recruiter in Borealis and get to work on a token board.

And for the record - I don't need to wear and ID chip when entering an Omni city.

Look I think the real truth is you just want all the neutral to run and join the clans in your fight. And from the looks of it, it's not a fight for peace and freedom you're after, it's a fight to destroy Omni-Tek, and a fight that neutrals really don't want to be a part of.
    Don't act like you care about what happens in Newland, all you're looking for is more numbers to help you fight. But go on keep using scare tactics, insults, and threats to get neutrals to side with you, maybe it will work.

And of course you like Borealis all it really is now is a place for drunken clanners and omni to take pot shots at each other.

And of course you don't need an ID when walking into an Omni city, and why would you even want one. I mean if you're in a Omni city you're only there to kill someone or blow something up.

What I really don't understand is why this new ID is so much more of a threat then the current IDs we have broadcasting all over the place. I mean it's only a few creds to get the eye implant upgrade to get a displace in your headsup to show who's side a person is on.

From what I've seen the new IDs are rather simple and don't this insane tracking software and hardware that everyone keeps talking about.

I'm done, really this is pointless people really have nothing better to do then make a mountain out of a mole hill. This ID is just another excuse for some clanners to try and get more numbers in their ranks, so of course they're not going to shut up about it until they can move on to the next big thing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast