Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tepamina's Soldier Guide (UPDATED 2/19/10)

Updated it with Lup's very useful post on boosting your reflects.
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

Large Sparkle-Plate
    2% to energy reflect
    goes into back slot
    is bought from the Fixer Shop
    rather useless since OFAB Soldier Protective Gear made it ingame
    With a lvl 60 req vs the only in ql 300 ofab back? Seems rather nice since most use perennium at tl 3 for pvp to up your energy reflect a bit, if you wanna be a tad different than normal AI tank twinks...
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Escritores View Post
    With a lvl 60 req vs the only in ql 300 ofab back? Seems rather nice since most use perennium at tl 3 for pvp to up your energy reflect a bit, if you wanna be a tad different than normal AI tank twinks...
    Yeah, but with just TMS the 30% cap damage won't be reduced enough to really notice a difference on your hp.. Should work against regulars though
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

could you also add the formulas for damage reduction after 10k FA and FA skill effecting number of bullets somewhere in the guide?

i keep forgetting em

"There's nothing wrong with the (ranged advy) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent."
    dgdgdgdg018:I kinda prefer my method of simply calling them morons and retards. sadly, people claim "that is not an argument".thus in the future i shall say -
    you, dear sir, are a moron because
    1) inbreeding perhaps?
    2) got dropped on your head as a child a lot and as a result have impaired intelligence ?
    3) are bored and have decided to troll?
    4) suffer from ADD and dyslexia?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    why it's almost like a form letter, and i can sign it as-
    Laughing at you, DG

I mean surely i have provided reasons on par with said posters original arguments, haven't I ?

Quote Originally Posted by dgdgdgdg018 View Post
    could you also add the formulas for damage reduction after 10k FA and FA skill effecting number of bullets somewhere in the guide?

i keep forgetting em
    Added an addendum to chapter 12 with a summary of damage per bullet and a link to Ikarus original post.

great thanks. can you also add the number of bullets that can be fired depending on skill? i believe the forumula is - auto skill / 100 + 5 bullets.

taken from this post by Whitesand
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...ts+in+fullauto
    PS: just read the rest of his post- what's this about special forces giving an extra bullet?

"There's nothing wrong with the (ranged advy) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent."
    dgdgdgdg018:I kinda prefer my method of simply calling them morons and retards. sadly, people claim "that is not an argument".thus in the future i shall say -
    1) inbreeding perhaps?
    2) got dropped on your head as a child a lot and as a result have impaired intelligence ?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    Laughing at you, DG

I mean surely i have provided reasons on par with said posters original arguments, haven't I ?

Quote Originally Posted by dgdgdgdg018 View Post
    great thanks. can you also add the number of bullets that can be fired depending on skill? i believe the forumula is - auto skill / 100 + 5 bullets.

taken from this post by Whitesand
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...ts+in+fullauto
    PS: just read the rest of his post- what's this about special forces giving an extra bullet?
    nice find, will add the number of bullets, and you are right on the formula, 5 bullets + (fa skill / 100)

If fully perked, Special forces will give you 2 bullets, as it buffs FA by 200.
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

oh thats what sand ment, was wondering how special forces would add bullets

1) inbreeding perhaps?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    Laughing at you, DG

Just found a little bug.

For Research line:Combat Sense level 8, It adds +20 agility. not 15. Nonetheless, The total amount stated inside the guide is correct. Which is +35.

fixed

Quick question here, the guide says that fling hard caps at 6 seconds, but some fling recharge calculating modules say it would be 4s + weap atk time... which one is right?

I updated the weapons section, which was badly dated. Will do a more comprehensive overhaul and repost the entire thing once the balancing act is done.

Tell me if there's any glaring problems elsewhere in the guide you think need changed to reflect the current state of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Tell me if there's any glaring problems elsewhere in the guide you think need changed to reflect the current state of things.
    Some of the facts are seriously misleading in the context of froobs (for example Full Auto is much less important for froobs, just to name one thing), but I don't think messing the guide up with froob stuff will do it any good. If I ever get around "finishing" the froob soldier guide I have in the making for ages now, we could reference it somewhere here for the non-expansion soldiers.

You'll find most of the guides posted on the forums were made long before froobs could post on the board, so they're aimed almost exclusively at paid players. And in all honesty, I haven't been a froob soldier in so many years that I've forgotten what it's like.

Your froob guide sounds interesting - do us all a favor and post it in the soldier forum when it's done.

Well me thinks u miss the SoM free gun Neutrino Flash

Paid players or not, I think this gun is a good starting for poor soldiers.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Thanks for the heads up, I'll put it in there when my brain isn't mush.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanx9 View Post
    Burst Skill needed to cap (same as in guide)
    Burst Skill = floor(((20 x Rech.Time) - (Burst Cycle / 100) - 8) *25)
    I think that the formula quoted for "Burst Skill needed to cap" from Accomplice's calcs has been misquoted here:

Should be :

Burst Skill = floor(((20 x Rech.Time) + (Burst Cycle / 100) - 8) *25)

ie. it should be a "+" in there instead of the "-"
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    I think that the formula quoted for "Burst Skill needed to cap" from Accomplice's calcs has been misquoted here:

Should be :

Burst Skill = floor(((20 x Rech.Time) + (Burst Cycle / 100) - 8) *25)

ie. it should be a "+" in there instead of the "-"
    Not sure I want to go into the details and checking them right now.

Why is it wrong?

It's wrong because if Burst cycle / 100 is more than 20 x recharge time (say, for a Peregrine, which is 1.2 RCH and 4000 Burst cycle) then you get a negative result.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Good point, thanks guys, I'm sure Berinda or Questra will update the guide quickly.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast