Thread: Freelance: Horros of leet-fighting continue in Newland suburb

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: Horros of leet-fighting continue in Newland suburb

Horros of leet-fighting continue in Newland suburb
    December 04, 29481 - Marion Vein [Rimor]

IRRK Freelance - NEWLAND - Abusive leet owners were arrested Wednesday for advertising and engaging in leet fighting by the Newland Militia

Leet, as many will know, are cute, adorable creatures that hop about, make rude gestures, and have their own way of speaking. Unfortunately for them, of course, they also taste good in pies (Not that I've had personal experience of eating the poor things).

Many have found them so lovable that they have been kept as pets. They can certainly make life much more interesting, if not difficult, at times. Some however, such as Teppetus and Morroy, find it amusing to cruelly train the leets to fight and harm each other, often to the death, in order to achieve perverted desires for quick credits. This vile act has long been outlawed in Newland; however a select minority continues to practice this so called sport in their backyards.

On Wednesday evening, while I was ambling around Newland, I came across a very cute leet, named Bittiy by her owner, who snuggled up against me. She was in every way what one would expect of a standard leet, and enjoyed to jump and roll around. Her owner, an Opifex by the name of Teppetus, informed me that Bitty was about to compete in a leet fight, and commented that I ought to bet for her. Obviously, I refused. Upon hearing of this, Teppetus told me that she had beaten Pwnz0r teh Mighty in one round, which, frankly, I didn't much care about.

This was when I saw another furry leet, Dufty was his name, and his owner, a rather shady-looking Morroy. Looking back, I can only assume that he was a stim fiend, who'd run out of credits, and needed a way to finance his habit, and so turned to his once beloved pet, and made him fight. He too as advertising for betters, and, indeed, obtained one, by the name of Binch.

Ten minutes later and the pair were ready to begin, in Backyard 1, Newland. It was horrible. I cannot begin to describe the anger and sadness I felt when they started to fight. They were biting everywhere, and clawing each other in the eyes. Truly, it was gruesome.

Five minutes later, an atrox, Gorantilo, finally showed up to put an end to the violence. The owners of the leets were arrested, though they both claimed the other was provoking their leet. Even the trox realized that this argument was absurd, and took them to the grid terminal, in order to be transported to an undisclosed location.

This is a rare occasion where I must applaud the Newland Militia in their action on this matter, and it is good to know that this behaviour will not be tolerated in Newland. Leets should be for fun, not bloodshed.

It goes deeper than that. Undergound Leet fights are regularly run by the WLFF (World Leet Fighting Federation).

They even have a home page! >> Click Here <<
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

at least the newland militia does their work not like ICC in borealis, or the omni-pols do anything good

(( and why does the story say Rimor, instead of global? :/ i thought we had this too ))
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

If it's illegal, why are they sold right outside Newland?

Quote Originally Posted by Armadyl View Post
    If it's illegal, why are they sold right outside Newland?
    It is not illegal to own leet pets. It's the cruel and inhumane sport of fighting them that is.

good to see this was stopped, by the boys in green.

Damn........ there goes my "Vick-Leet" T-shirt business......
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post
    ...Even the trox realized...
    Wow. defending vermin and insulting the intelligence of an entire race all in one fell swoop. I knew the media was headed downhill on Rubi-Ka, but this is a new low.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.