Thread: Athen is a ghost town but shouldn't be- the fix

Athen is a ghost town but shouldn't be- the fix

Omni have at least 2 main grouping areas-- Omni Trade and Omni Entertainment. This is where you have both whompas AND grid entrances.

Clanners are all stuck in Tir.

The reason is really simple-- the location of grid and the whompas. Both work together now, especially since the whompas have been expanded so much.

Athen should be a busy town, but because the grid entrance the whompas are several minutes apart, it's largely empty.

The issue isn't so much the Time it takes to go from the Athen whompas to the West Athen grid, it's the social aspect of teaming that matters. You want the grid/whompas, stores, bank, mission terms, all reasonably close.

they have made changes to the gameworld since release
    deliberately spreading mission terminals / grid / whompas apart,
    to try and reduce the lag that crowds create.

don't know about specific changes to clan side
    bc I've always been Omni, but that's probably the explanation.

clanners constantly complain about the lag in Tir;
    sounds like Tir needs to be made more like Athen, not vice versa.

I guess you haven't spent much time on Omni. All the omnis 120+ are in NLC anyway.

They should make athens missions go to camelot (city) or other close to whompas cities. It will spread out TIR population a lot becasue currently everyone in TIR starting from lvl 1 to lvl 200 and everybody there for missions. If you make athens as advanatage for lowbies and Tir for high players this will populate Athens and reduce Lag in Tir.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Originally posted by Julia
    They should make athens missions go to camelot (city) or other close to whompas cities. It will spread out TIR population a lot becasue currently everyone in TIR starting from lvl 1 to lvl 200 and everybody there for missions. If you make athens as advanatage for lowbies and Tir for high players this will populate Athens and reduce Lag in Tir.
    That makes a lot of sense.

I avoid Tir as much as possible. I really only go there if I need a buff for implants or something like that. Other than that, I like to stay in my home town of West Athen. Not too crowded, basic, advanced and superior stores close together, grid... What more do you want?

Hmm.. I should shut up now lest West Athen become as crowded as Tir
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

All they need to do is put a grid in Old Athen to distribute the people more. Tir is so important to the higher levels because the mission booths give higher rewards for BS. I'd hang out in old athen if it was more convenient. The whompahs are so out of the way now.
    No matter where I go, there I am.

I love West Athen. The view is beautiful, there's no 'black iron prison' look, it has a nice quiet little cafe (which people need to make use of, I think) and there are plenty of lovely shops. It's a quaint place to go shopping- I love love love love it.

I think it needs whompas. Getting from Old Athen to West Athen should be a whompa jump and a short walk. It also needs some more supermarkets.

Personally, I think we should have seperate grid exits for West Athen and Old Athen..
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

I agree that there should be a Grid terminal in Old Athen. I have wanted this from day one, and was actually just complaining about it (again) to a friend yesterday. I like Athen, I want to hang out there, but after the whompa changes, it's harder than ever to get there via whompa or grid.

West Athen is fine; it's quaint and out of the way, as it should be, but Athen is a major city. It would be wise for FC to work on ways to split the population between Tir and Athen, especially now that Tir is no longer protected nor the seat of our government.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

sheeeshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

alot of people like old athens the way it is =-)

kurtz
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?

I like athens, its not too overcrowded, and its nice and spaced out. Must take me all of a couple of minutes to run between the whompa and the grid, and I can do some shopping on the way if I want.

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance