Thread: Freelance: October 13th Board of Directors Meeting

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: October 13th Board of Directors Meeting

October 13th Board of Directors Meeting..... Get the truth about Omni-Med's *budget*
    December 02, 29481 - Roger "Scoop" Johnson [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - IRRK Freelance - Have you ever wondered just what goes on in the board meetings of the Omni-Tek Affiliates? Have you even been curious about just those famous Directors and Affiliates are talking about?

Wonder no longer. As part of a new Omni-Reform campaign, we at Omni-Tek are introducing you to some of the high-level politics of Omni-Tek. To aid in understanding just what goes on when the elite of Rubi-Ka meet, we will publish the minutes of the October 29481 meeting of the Omni-Tek Affiliates.

This meeting took place on October 13th, 29481. The late publication of the minutes and the partially censored protocol are such for reasons of security. If you want to know every detail of it, take part in your sub-department's command structure and join the Affiliate Meetings. See http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=495315 for more instructions.

Omni-Tek of Rubi-Ka Board Meeting Minutes, October 13th, 29481

Directors in Attendance:
    Darius Zeiler -- Omni-Admin
    Eva Pourais -- Omni-Reform
    "Max" --- Omni-InternOps
    Rita Prestin --- Omni-Med
    Lani Wannja -- Omni-Com
    Arianna "AJ" Baljian -- Omni-Trans

Affiliates in Attendance:
    Captain "Tethien" Cebrae -- Omni-Pol
    Member Gaylene "McEagle" Orbin --- UberFranco
    Unit Member Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich -- Riders of the Lost Org
    Board Member "Miremeld" R.U.R. (IC)

Jacob Stroud -- Moderator

Introductions

Zeiler: Welcome to the monthly Omni-Tek Affiliate meeting. Mister Stroud, the floor is yours.

Jacob Stroud: Good evening, and thank you for attending the twenty-fifth Omni-Tek Affiliate Meeting. I would have all affiliates note that proper meeting protocol must be adhered to at all times. Questions and comments may only be made during appropriate parts of the meeting. If you wish to ask a question during those periods, you must contact me ((by /tell)) to request an opportunity to do so. I will prompt you to ask your questions in the order that they were requested. If you ask your question out of turn, you will likely be ignored. If you are asked a question by one of the department heads, be certain to note when you are finished with your response ((by typing "Done")).

We will now proceed with the reports. If you have a report you wish to make, please send me a tell now.

It appears that no one has a report to make at this time. Indeed, it has been a rather quiet month. Actually, Omni-Pol has a brief report. You have the floor.

Reports

Tethien: Thank you! Despite our warnings at the last meeting, it seems like our proposal to install speed limiters into the new vehicles was not implemented. These bikes thus are significantly faster than what we consider to be safe. As anticipated, the numbers of speeding tickets lately has skyrocketed. There also was a significant increase in traffic accidents. We are afraid, considering the huge number of these vehicles sold by now, installation of the speed limiter in later deliveries alone will not fix the problem.
    Thus we would request at least 15, if not more, of our speed traps to be upgraded by triple-A. That should allow us to get the speeding problem under control again.
    Tethien: Additionally, we're currently working on a driver training, but the exact time and place are still not determined. That's all from my side.

Jacob Stroud: Thank you. Director Prestin has a comment. You have the floor, Director.

Prestin: I don't want to sound harsh but... At the present time, then who here, truly cares about ignorant brats, speeding around like fools? We are currently engaged in hostile actions, with the cavemen from the north, so traffic violations are far below what we should concern ourselves about.

Mceagle: excuse me for being late.. I.. .apologize...
    Max: <glances at Mceagle and Miremeld and frowns>

Prestin: As for those who got injured... As long as they have a valid DNA scan, they should not suffer any permanent damage. How about you spend your time investigating where those, who performed, several raids against my labs in Rome went? The traffic issue can't be that important... Maybe it will, once those tree hugging hippies from Tir begin to rig their cars with bombs, we should act.

Zeiler: And for those that need help by Omni-Med you get paid for, so you wont complain. I heard cosmetics are rather expensive these days?

Prestin: SHUT UP!
    Max: <smiles slightly>
    <some snickering is heard around the table>
    Prestin: ... Sorry...

Baljian: <smiles>

Prestin: As i said. Put your efforts into finding those who stole my... "research". That is all.

Jacob Stroud: Are there any other comments on this report?
    Zeiler: I'm sure your oh so capable guards are fully able to successfully proceed such an difficult operation.
    Tethien: May i please respond on the comment of Ms. Prestin?
    Jacob Stroud: You have the floor Tethien.
    Zeiler: Anyways, the idea about traffic education sounds excellent.

Tethien: For one, on the case of those intruders, I can assure you that we are also working on that. But investigation and traffic are completely different departments. Caring for traffic will not, in any degree, lessen the effectiveness of investigation. For the second, in the run of the mentioned traffic accidents, in several cases Omni-Tek property, mostly buildings, were damaged.

Prestin: I hope so, for your departments sake. Its reputation is already in a bad state.
    Tethien: Thus i think it is very much in the interest of the company to get this under control before further damage is inflicted. That's all from my side on this.

Jacob Stroud: Thank you. I would like to comment on this issue as well. It's important to remember that traffic enforcement isn't just about people getting into accidents and the damaged caused from that. If people drive around recklessly in clear defiance of Omni-Tek's speed regulations, it creates an atmosphere of chaos and insubordination. We must continue to send a clear message that such things will not be tolerated.

Prestin: Then blast them with turrets or tanks!

Mceagle: <coughs>

Pourais: Don't you think that a bit harsh Rita?

Jacob Stroud: Order and control are paramount to Omni-Tek's success on Rubi-Ka, and people need to be constantly reminded of this. We can't have speeders setting a bad example. That is all.
    Jacob Stroud: Are there any other comments on this issue?

Prestin: No, I do not. Blow them up, and arrest them at reclaim. Much easier!
    Baljian: <raises an eyebrow>

Tethien: I assume part of Ms. Prestin's reaction is that I did not explain the military term "triple-A". It stands for Anti Aircraft Artillery. Which would be what we would like our speed traps to be equipped with.

Zeiler: That wont be necessary. How about some concentrated EMP to take out the electronics of those bikes?

Pourais: We do need to consider the impact on our loyal employees. I am concerned with complaints that may arise from BLOWING them out of the SKY.

Tethien: That would also be an option. But for the price of 15 triple-As, we might get at max 9 EMP units.

Zeiler: We don't need more than four anyways, just the main cities are important for this. Oh Borealis, five then. More efficient would be the traffic education though.

Jacob Stroud: Are there any further comments on this report?

Pourais: I agree with the traffic education, Director Zeiler. That is all I wanted to say... please continue Mr. Stroud.

Jacob Stroud: Thank you. Are there any other reports today? Since there are no further reports, I will now turn the floor over to Director Zeiler for assignments.

New Business

Zeiler: Thank you Mr. Stroud. Director Wannja?

Wannja: Thank you. I would only like to *cough* point out that the Satellite Dish in Borealis is NOT a half-pipe.
    Miremeld: <grumbles>
    Wannja: Please see that all your department members understand this and make sure the non employees in Borealis get it too.
    Nadab: <snickers at the picture of people doing half-loops on hoverboards...>

Zeiler: Thank you Director. Max?

Max: Thank you Director.
    Max: I wanted to make a quick comment about the reports that have been received concerning activities of Red Freedom recently. Most of the public comments noted in public venues have been exaggerated and over blown accounts of the events.
    Prestin: <looks away, clearly annoyed over the last sentence>
    Max: I do not believe they pose a serious threat to Omni interests at this time, though I will continue to monitor reports of their activities. Of course any reports received by any departments that indicates otherwise, I will review.

Zeiler: Thank you.
    Max: <nods>

Zeiler: Have any of the present Affiliates not receive his Identification Chip?
    Miremeld: I don't believe I have.
    Jacob Stroud: Mceagle needs one as well.
    Zeiler: Please make sure to carry them at all time. Thank you
    Mceagle: <look at the device and put it in her pocket>
    Zeiler: Before we close the meeting for today, are there any topics that need to be brought to the boards attention?

Mceagle: Em i sure have a question
    Mceagle: <clears her voice>
    Zeiler: Yes Miss Orbin?
    Mceagle: I have read about the Omni-Pol Warning for all parents and the replies come from everywhere talking about insecurity in Omni-Ent sewers. And well, I'm not supposed to deal with this, for I am an Omni-Mining representative, though, it confuses me.

Max: There is little to be confused about.
    Nadab: *coughs* old medical/cosmetic wastes *cough*
    Prestin: <looks around and glares at Nadab>
    Max: The problem that occurred in the Entertainment district was dealt with when the Baraton was destroyed. Omni-Pol and concerned citizens did their duties and the situation was resolved.
    Max: <nods to Zeiler>
    Zeiler: Thank you, I hope that clarified the issue Miss Orbin?
    Mceagle: Yes sir

Zeiler: Excellent <smiles charmingly at Miss Orbin>

Jacob Stroud: Thank you. Miremeld also has a comment to make. You have the floor.

Miremeld: Thank you, I would just like a bit of clarification about the satellite dish and the term half-pipe.
    Wannja: Recent *cough* employees and inhabitants used the dish to do artistic tricks with those new hoverboards
    Miremeld: Would it be acceptable to use it as a vert ramp instead of it a trick ramp then?
    Wannja: <glances with her blazing notum blue eyes at Miremeld>

Miremeld: R.U.R. has used the dish in the past for many scientific studies...
    Nadab: <mubles about not getting Zig-Ball broadcasts from Borealis.....>
    Mceagle: roll her eyes
    Miremeld: So I just want to be within department regulations is all. <smiles warmly>
    Thank you.

Zeiler: Now that that is clarified too. Anything else?
    Jacob Stroud: There are no further comments for this meeting.
    Zeiler: In that case, the meeting is adjourned. I hope to see you all and many more next month.

Brought to you by:

Roger "Scoop" Johnson

December 02, 29481 - Roger "Scoop" Johnson [Atlantean]

This meeting took place on October 13th, 29481.
    Well...... I guess old news is ?good? news........ At least we know where our taxes are going in the Medical budget.....
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

You would think that reporters was a little faster to get info out nowdays. Guess I have to rely on ChitChat to get the news
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Well.... I happen to know that this story was submitted the day after the meeting.... must be some SNAFU on Omni-comm's part
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich