Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Letter From The Game Director 30 November 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Healyhatman View Post
    How about this one sil..... I have an ofab helm on, and sunglasses in social.... But ONLY sunglasses, will using the overlay to overwrite the ofab helm also mean that since the other social slots are empty, it will show my topon wearing nothing but sunglasses? Or is a visual slot only overwritten when there's an item in that slot under social?
    When in the combined mode its on a slot by slot basis, so the sunglasses would show on your head and the rest would be your normal armor.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    Yes and no, you can equip a weapon in the social tab, but doing so places you in a non combat mode. There are some limitations here we have to work with, but at the very least it allows people to equip the food / drink or social items for parties if they don't want to show their weapon.
    Is "non combat mode" used as soon as any social tab is used, or only for weapons?
    If only for weapons that person you wanna PvP may look like wearing a medsuit, but is actually wearing a full AI set... Hard to judge your opponent beforehand that way...

What I'm trying to say is that, although I'd like to hide some armor parts that I don't like the looks of, I think that the use of any social tab should make it so that you can't PvP....
    In PvM I see no issues with it...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Is "non combat mode" used as soon as any social tab is used, or only for weapons?
    If only for weapons that person you wanna PvP may look like wearing a medsuit, but is actually wearing a full AI set... Hard to judge your opponent beforehand that way...

What I'm trying to say is that, although I'd like to hide some armor parts that I don't like the looks of, I think that the use of any social tab should make it so that you can't PvP....
    In PvM I see no issues with it...
    just for a weapon...and you can still be fired at and killed, you just cant fight back yourself. So people won't be able to use it to exploit. There will be special rules for what does and doesn't display in PVP settings so that hopefully it can't be exploited in that way either.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Yes and no, you can equip a weapon in the social tab, but doing so places you in a non combat mode. There are some limitations here we have to work with, but at the very least it allows people to equip the food / drink or social items for parties if they don't want to show their weapon.
    aww, woulda been kinda cool to use a weapon mesh, but do damage of your real weapon.

Thanks for the info tho
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

just for a weapon...and you can still be fired at and killed, you just cant fight back yourself. So people won't be able to use it to exploit. There will be special rules for what does and doesn't display in PVP settings so that hopefully it can't be exploited in that way either.
    Can't wait to see what you've all figured out
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

So u can fully PvM in social gear as long as u dont cover your weapons if i read that right? AWESOME!!
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Another thought occurs, if i have visible shoulderspads on my normal clothing tab and i place a shoulder item with no mesh on my social tab, can i use that to make the shoulderpads invisible?
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Why not allow allow anything in there to be able to be used in Combat mode?

If you change the persons name color or something visual like that (like make it Blue or green or have blue [] around their name or something of that sort) then people will be aware that their using the social tab, which is just the same as someone using an animal morph or a Manta or something like that. You dont know the persons gear but you know their in disguise.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Lots of Docs are gonna be pissed. They so love to go to raids in social clothing while everyone else is wearing ugly OFAB, now everyone can appear to be in swim wear while at APF or the like.

I think this is a great idea if I understand it correctly. This is gonna allow people to personalize & individualize their toons. Anything to break up the monotany will be welcomed by me.
    Linkee 220/21 Omni, Atrox Fixer

The first to not be first at anything....

Quote Originally Posted by Pharamond View Post
    I'm in charge of the forums and the website since Sil has started running the game. While he does make an appearance now and then (as you may have noticed), when he has a lot to do, he now has the luxury of waving his hand at me and saying "MAKE IT SO!"
    Ooooh! Oooooh! Does he say it in a Jean-Luc Picard voice as he says "Make it so, number one"?

That would be SO fun!

By the way, this all a dream come true for alot of players (if not most). There's PvP stuff, PvM stuff, RP stuff, stuff for just about everyone!

Don't give him ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharamond View Post
    Don't give him ideas.
    Sil: "..Engage"

Pharamond: "God dammit!"

Captain Jean Luc Picard: "Captains log, stardate 146572.5. I have lost my toupe' and I'm afraid to come out of my quarters."
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Sil: "..Engage"

Pharamond: "God dammit!"
    Siggy material!
    General of Umojan Protectorate - Technical Department
    General of Haven - Technical Department
    Norbal, 220/19 MP - "Slightly" off-kilter NM - equip
    Norbby, 220/20 Keeper - stabbing anything that moves

Quote Originally Posted by jorricane View Post
    And all MPs should be forced to speak like that Architect guy from the Matrix when RP'ing....
    I bump this daily, drop by and say hi?

ok question about the social mode. to wear something in social mode do you have to meet its reqs? could say a omni NT wear the goat head(if I somehow were able to get it) and a pelisse at 175?

Quote Originally Posted by mrpokeydelta View Post
    ok question about the social mode. to wear something in social mode do you have to meet its reqs?
    If i remember correctly the only requirements checked are breed and sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    0.0 oooooo shiny. if you need me ill be looking into capes.

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    SIG MATERIAL! Hahahaha

Are you breeding/having sex?
    Yes.
    /Check cleared.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

But no Omni can posses a Goats head (in the above example) to put on their social clothing tab.

New rendering engine?

Sounds great, but too bad I will may not be able to play anymore.
    *looks angrily at PC w/ crappy mx4000 long due for a upgrade.

wtt cyb0r for AGP lub

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast