Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Letter From The Game Director 30 November 2007

Hmm. Does this mean the bikini's that can't be worn with shoes...will be able to now? If we equip the bikini in the armor panel, and the shoes in the social panel? *perks*

Kamikaze "Danibunkins" Advy
    Title Level: 7 AI Level: 19 Adventurer
    Proud General of Sentinels on Atlantean

Will we be able to PvP with just armor in the social tab? (and not weapons)

And if not, will it automatically switch out or will we need to remember ahead of time and go in and disable the social tab if we PvP?

Also, can we use Util items in the tab like Lanterns and Wen Wens, just for the looks? (and same applies with them and the combat thing :P)
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

What's this noise about "tricking" pvpers with the social armor tab? Since when did my opponent need to know what I am using to pvp? Does a person know what their opponent is using when blinded? Maybe you should have an audible armor and weapon detail for those of us that play with our monitor off?

Social options ALL THE WAY. If I want to pvp with a leet in my hand while I am still technically using my sword, so be it. Whether I am wearing boxers, a superhero outfit, med suit, or CC, so be it. My opponent doesn't need this information.

Do not cater to this STUPIDLY low common denominator. There is no point to it. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumifly View Post
    What's this noise about "tricking" pvpers with the social armor tab? Since when did my opponent need to know what I am using to pvp? Does a person know what their opponent is using when blinded? Maybe you should have an audible armor and weapon detail for those of us that play with our monitor off?

Social options ALL THE WAY. If I want to pvp with a leet in my hand while I am still technically using my sword, so be it. Whether I am wearing boxers, a superhero outfit, med suit, or CC, so be it. My opponent doesn't need this information.

Do not cater to this STUPIDLY low common denominator. There is no point to it. At all.
    Agreed
    Member of The Red Brotherhood
    TRB Presentation Video divx | youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though )

"the tab also does have special rules regarding combat to ensure it can’t be abused to trick people in PVP" Hope it only is in regard to pvp, would love to beable to use some death squard armor again just for the look and then hiding my ugly as sin currten mess of ofab, db, ai armor while I go pwm

Quote Originally Posted by pinkishpunk View Post
    "the tab also does have special rules regarding combat to ensure it can’t be abused to trick people in PVP" Hope it only is in regard to pvp, would love to beable to use some death squard armor again just for the look and then hiding my ugly as sin currten mess of ofab, db, ai armor while I go pwm
    And my neut fixer so wants to wear some omni steel ribbed, just to see how it would look on him :-)
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

I agree with Lumifly:
    Someone willing to attack a seemingly defenseless person deserves to be ganked, whether the "victim" is asking for it or not.
    Learn valuable real life lesson: Things that seem to good to be true, usually are!

There's the option of scaring ppl away from you as well: Trenchcoat looks like NotuComm, and there is a social kit that looks like Predator gear.

Please don't waste time making social clothes "child proof" or rather "moron friendly"...

Bump to "OMG", btw... Lotsa phatz inbound, thanks!
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

WTB new engine teaser!

have fun!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345