Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: General questions about new nanos...

Quote Originally Posted by Ithnag
    stuff

Please, read what i actually post instead of what you have on your mind, don't be paranoid, making nanos equally hard to cast for all is not a call for nerf any profession, is a call for making them to reflect what Sil claims that was the intention.

If you can still swap equipment, get Mochams and wrangle, and invest IP (considering the rest have to do that, and get a different armor than what they use, and perk coNC wich they don't use) then the new "very difficult to cast", "sacrifice demanding" nanos should take all or some of those extra elements into consideration, or make the rest of the nanos proportionally difficult to cast compared to yours, and a couple others.
    Sil very clearly stated that these nanos were designed to be hard to use, but that some prof would have it easier. That's the way it's intended to be, not a unexpected feature discovered after.
    Asking for nanos being equally difficult to cast is making abstraction of what a prof is designed to be. And ofc of what a prof strong/weak spots are. If one really wanted to make these NT nanos as hard to cast as it is for say Fixers, he would have to change the reqs to something like 2800ish. It would be ludicrous, wouldn't it?
    As a side note, I don't remember having at any point said other prof's new nanos shouldn't be reviewed. Or even that Nt's shouldn't be reviewed. I did rejoiced at a new attempt to break the Mounty Hall trend that we have seen since AI launch, and I defended the fact that nano prof shouldn't have the same difficulties than other profs to cast them.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    Sil very clearly stated that these nanos were designed to be hard to use, but that some prof would have it easier. That's the way it's intended to be, not a unexpected feature discovered after.
    Asking for nanos being equally difficult to cast is making abstraction of what a prof is designed to be. And ofc of what a prof strong/weak spots are. If one really wanted to make these NT nanos as hard to cast as it is for say Fixers, he would have to change the reqs to something like 2800ish. It would be ludicrous, wouldn't it?
    As a side note, I don't remember having at any point said other prof's new nanos shouldn't be reviewed. Or even that Nt's shouldn't be reviewed. I did rejoiced at a new attempt to break the Mounty Hall trend that we have seen since AI launch, and I defended the fact that nano prof shouldn't have the same difficulties than other profs to cast them.
    The difference in the difficulty to cast them is completley ridiculous, specially when those that can easlily cast their nanos still could cast them with little effort if the reqs were higher, the difference in the effort needed shouldn't be so ridiculously large, and shades shouldn't have any nano with higher requs that NT's, it's not logical.

If one really wanted to make these NT nanos as hard to cast as it is for say Fixers, he would have to change the reqs to something like 2800ish. It would be ludicrous, wouldn't it?
    First off, why would high reqs be ludicrous? You can achieve those stats, and in fact, pushing it so hard would even be beneficial to your nano AR, correct? But say, 2.4k-2.6k -ish is not; it would still be relatively easy, based on your 2.8k number. What it would do is the same as what the high reqs on others do - restricts it to players who have a certain level of equipment. That sounds fair, doesn't it? And you still get off pretty damn easy compared to fixers, ma's, shades, etc..

As I said, I'm not looking to 'nerf' nt's, but having such a sizeable gap is really quite ridiculous.
    Kain97 - 220 Fixer, President, Pantheon
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

There is a big difference between self buffs and combat buffs. So called "Nano Profs" are described as that because they cast nanos instead of or alongside doing other things to kill stuff, not because of the self buffs that EVERY prof has to cast.

I dont recall there being any major benefit as a casting prof in casting their own out of combat nanos because those have always been scaled in accordance with that proffs nano skills.

For example, enforcers self buffs are way lower req than MP self buffs, because otherwise it would be stupid and uncastable for the enf.

Nanos are and always have been totally integral to EVERY prof in ao, and the nanos have always been scaled as such - until now.

If these new nanos are supposed to be hard to cast they should be hard to cast - for everyone. I dont see why my enf should have to do a total rethink while my MP has to cast comp nano to use these buffs.
    stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Ithnag View Post
    The difference in the difficulty to cast them is completley ridiculous, specially when those that can easlily cast their nanos still could cast them with little effort if the reqs were higher, the difference in the effort needed shouldn't be so ridiculously large, and shades shouldn't have any nano with higher requs that NT's, it's not logical.
    We come to agree here.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Getting an infraction seems to be imposible nowdays
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Quote Originally Posted by howlin View Post
    Getting an infraction seems to be imposible nowdays
    Afaik, that's discussing moderation on open forums.
    Maybe you get lucky?

Oh wait, that means I'll possibly get lucky aswell :/

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789