Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: General questions about new nanos...

you seem to fail to realize with such overpowered nanos such as the one i'm discussing there will be no choice. in fact other people in a hypothetical pvp team can make the choice of teaming the engi with 7 blockers or the engi who choses not to use the 7 blockers and stay the way he is. and you might just see the engi that does not chose the new way, if he wants to compete and pvp MUST use the new nano or risk never being in a team compared to those that chose to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by bungerman View Post
    you seem to fail to realize with such overpowered nanos such as the one i'm discussing there will be no choice. in fact other people in a hypothetical pvp team can make the choice of teaming the engi with 7 blockers or the engi who choses not to use the 7 blockers and stay the way he is. and you might just see the engi that does not chose the new way, if he wants to compete and pvp MUST use the new nano or risk never being in a team compared to those that chose to use it.
    All I see today (or in the near future) is, engie in team will last much longer then engie going around on it's own.

What's wrong with that?

If you are worried about titles, they gonna change it in 17.8 anyways, so who cares if you have to team up and can't currently farm titles or whatnot.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

All I see today (or in the near future) is, engie in team will last much longer then engie going around on it's own.

What's wrong with that?

If you are worried about titles, they gonna change it in 17.8 anyways, so who cares if you have to team up and can't currently farm titles or whatnot.
    yea everyone will last longer except us when we get called first. maybe i wanna enjoy pvp a bit and hang around and kill some stuff, just maybe? too much to ask? oh well

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

yea everyone will last longer except us when we get called first.
    Get a frikin doc in team? :|
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

hm don't know if rk1/2 suffers from this bug as rk3 did, but befor the last patch you were able by chaincasting the 3times spec in buffroom, to make the 3 time spec refreshing every 4 seconds. This is more then this 7 spec will do. But it were not the 100% win chance if only one side has a engi. Yeah teams with engis and a doc were nearly unkillable, but that nearly is the point, even 3 specs every 4 seconds can be pushed through with enough toons (less then one team needed). Sure the 7 spec will make engi teams stronger, but a teamed engi is stronger than anything else, take a rooter in your team and your pets will be massivly increased in effectivety, take heal in your team and you will nearly be unkillable, and that is something that started with the 3 times spec, cause teams with this are already really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    Not at all. Some of you just disagree that we should have higher requirements. We understand that, we know that some of you would prefer not to have to sacrifice something or change your set up. We just feel its not a problem to have some items with high requirements that are a challenge to attain.
    We would not have to sacrifice something..we would have to sacrifice almost everything from our usuall setup...what for? for nanos with questionable usefullness? whats the point in using the nanos in the 1st place?
    Oh, a question just came to my mind: Whats the FC's reason to use the new nanos? I mean you must have something on ur mind if you made them right? And what in Your opinion are the consequences of using the new nanos?

I think can and will use these nanos even if there are no further changes to them (and there might be) because when I think people stand back and look at them they will realise that not only can it be done, it will be worth it for some people to make the effort to use these nanos.
    Why does it look like there are very few profs with barely 1 or maybe 2 usefull nanos, and the rest is in our opinion useless? Shouldnt there b AT LEAST one nano for each profession that should look usefull <IN OUR EYES>?

That is exactly how they are intended.
    Broken as intended (sry i had to )

There will always be someone with an opinion contrary to our own. It does not mean we are fighting anyone. These nanos will be attained and used by players, but by every single last player? Maybe not, but we can't please everyone all of the time. It is never going to be universally popular when some items are hard to attain. There will always be some people who want everything to be easier for them and think they should be able to use everything easily.
    Ahem...do you not see the amount of people complaining about the nanos?
    Its not <some>, its a majority, id say 90% of players are unhappy about em...
    And nobody ever said used by every single player, we ment em to be usefull for at least some people...

I think I have now laid out our reasoning very carefully and soundly here, you are free to disagree with it, pretty sure its safe to say some of you do. And you know what? I know I have no real chance of convincing you that you are wrong anymore then you do of convincing me that the nanos are unuseable, uncastable or any of the other accusations being thrown around here
    Nonono, the nanos ARE castable, i do belive in that..
    What we refuse to belive is the fact that you think that its actually worth dropping ALOT of our current stuff for the nanos you gave us, at least in the current state they are (imo the gain/loose factor atm prettu much sucks ALOT)
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

@ klod ::: once again read the other thread if you missed it the first time. I've HAD docs in team at towers. I get called. I die. The doc couldnt save me WITH my 7 blockers. What makes you think he will be able to now????
    Last edited by bungerman; Nov 21st, 2007 at 12:17:05.

a engi with a doc inteam is able to tank up to 6 persons if they don't koordinate their specials even up to 12 (all you need is enough hp ~14k without buffs). In mass pvp as tower wars where it is 50-100 gainst 50-100 nobody can survive a call.

@ klod ::: once again read the other thread if you missed it the first time. I've HAD docs in team at towers. I get called. I die. The doc couldnt save me WITH my 7 blockers. What makes you think he will be able to now????
    wow really? you died to what a zerg of 20+ people?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnizt View Post
    wow really? you died to what a zerg of 20+ people?
    you honestly think the BS is going to end up 6 vs 6 all the time? ever been to core at the start of a round? get a clue

you honestly think the BS is going to end up 6 vs 6 all the time? ever been to core at the start of a round? get a clue
    you said at towers.. anyways spoiled engies..
    try being at the core without any specialblockers at all will you?
    my point is that thank god you died to a zerg, EVEN with a doc in team.

you said at towers.. anyways spoiled engies..
    try being at the core without any specialblockers at all will you?
    my point is that thank god you died to a zerg, EVEN with a doc in team.
    people team at towers, hince where i've learned of this phenomenon that is called /assisting. after the title system change people will most likely team at BS as well. not sure how to spell it out to you anymore.

and blah blah blah nerf engi blockers talk once again. it's our defense since everyone and their preorder leet pet can perk/hit us, some people can't be perked, see how this works out? it's called differing defenses to negate damage.

To people crying nerf about blockers.

You are retarded this entire thread start up by 'engineers' is to 'nerf' those team blockers.

self ownage is bad mkay?

ps: Reading doesn't hurt you.

I already wear arith based armor and NCU in "combat" mode, I dont need to swap them
    Gief blockers with 2.5k requirements, take adsorb ^^
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    I already wear arith based armor and NCU in "combat" mode, I dont need to swap them
    Says the NT...to bad you missed a small part.

NT more nanoskills = more offense and AR.
    Engineer more nanoskills = <empty>

the point of these new nanos is obviously to get people in teams at the same time as you indirectly nerf peoples NR! So that you will get a group of 5 professions cooperating with their own specialities to keep the NT in the middle alive, the NT has his nukes which effectively bypasses all defenses, luckily it has the highest and fastest burst damage aswell.

2 nts, 1 engie , 2 docs, and a trader (to get the other teams nts, and buff nanoskills)

rest of you mech up

no j\k

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    Hell u take this 7 team blocker and give me ur 2k absorb shield nano.! OHH yes!

now we are talking

the point of these new nanos is obviously to get people in teams at the same time as you indirectly nerf peoples NR! So that you will get a group of 5 professions cooperating with their own specialities to keep the NT in the middle alive, the NT has his nukes which effectively bypasses all defenses, luckily it has the highest and fastest burst damage aswell.

2 nts, 1 engie , 2 docs, and a trader (to get the other teams nts, and buff nanoskills)

rest of you mech up

no j\k
    yeah everyone will roll NT for pvp, as all player have 7 blockers all of a sudden.

rest of you mech up

no j\k
    you need a MP in there too for CM along with the umbral to cast the nanos as well, who you gonna lose?

you need a MP in there too for CM along with the umbral to cast the nanos as well, who you gonna lose?
    you have to make a sacrficie i guess.. defensive with two docs and only 1 nt, or offensive with two nts?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast