Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Content Brainstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    i dont like the idea at all, tbh. the general idea of diversity is what i want, but i dont want it limited to specific factions.
    :'(

Don't hatezorz me plox
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

i dont like the idea at all, tbh. the general idea of diversity is what i want, but i dont want it limited to specific factions.
    I guess because I'm clan. I liked the idea of a smaller heal but being able to chain it =P would make me feel like I was doing more cuz I was pressing more buttons =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by Maeventura View Post
    Ow, now I think bout it, what bout making some serious diff between factions in our prof? Neutral docs heal like we do now, omni heal huge amounts, but got a longer recharge and clam docs heal less, but can chain heals. Well, something in those lines. Although we're all the same prof, making everyone a bit more unique wouldn't hurt, would it?
    While I really like the idea of diversity to be present everywhere in the game, and also between factions, I just don't trust FC to implement it in any good way. See all the whines (warranted or not) everywhere one side has something the other doesn't. Especially since they have some idea that one side is the offensive and one is the defensive (neuts are undecided and waver between the two, they are not the middle ground). I mean, you can always use an offensive ability, whereas a defensive one is situational. Now if they had shown that they had the ability to give the players good choices to chooose from, then I'd love for this to happen, but everywhere you look in the game (well, maybe not docs so much) all you see are cookiecutters. FC always end up mkaing one aspect better than the others and thus take away any kind of real diversity.

I really would have loved the idea carried through.

/Wylde
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

Retired Doc Professional
    :'(

Don't hatezorz me plox
    im not hating

Quote Originally Posted by lyzor View Post
    I guess because I'm clan. I liked the idea of a smaller heal but being able to chain it =P would make me feel like I was doing more cuz I was pressing more buttons =P
    i understand, and the idea of healing diversity is one of the things that ive been pushing for heavily since i became a professional. but i definately dont want it locked by faction, thats all. it should be a choice, just like weapons are a choice. Locking healing ability to side isn't balanced at all, for one. And also, people don't choose side for a gameplaying reason anymore (other than maybe NW or PvP/BS advantages), they choose side because they have ties to an org, or people, on that side.
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Has anyone mentioned "Ambulance Mode" yet?

A massive run speed buff that would get you there, or away from there, in record time but would debuff all evades and inits in the same way that tms works on nano skills. For instance the level 50 nano gives you +500rs for 1minute and the debuff lasts for 2minutes, scale it up to a tl7 nano that gives +1000rs for 5 minutes with a 6 minute debuff.

It would put an end to "all I have to do is outrun the doc" when a heck pull goes pear shaped because the doc will be back on rk eating a brontoburger before the rest of the team manages to say "feet don't fail me now!"

I realize that's actually counter-intuitive to the whole idea of being a doc so perhaps there should be a team based line that lets everyone run like the wind to escape the kite that you accidentally wondered into.

That's fixer territory though. I'd rather stay a doc then a fixer.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

I got both TL7 doc and fixer, and I agree with Xenon: don't mix the profs. Or we'll end with playing AO with one prof which can do everything. :/

Besides, I like docs having a bit slower rs than other profs. You can time your heals/healperks to save (or not ) the teammembers if something goes wrong

/me likes being able to choose about death and life of meh teammembers as a doc *evil laugh*
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

/me likes being able to choose about death and life of meh teammembers as a doc *evil laugh*
    Yeah I totally get that feeling too...

As for new and original ideas for doctors, im not overly creative, but would like to say being given a bigger heal isnt really the answer :P

Adding some of my strange ideas true the times, maybe it can inspire some other heads out there

A new DoT
    AOO/protection nano
    Concept for doctor nanos

Weaponary Line
    Plasma weapon
    Last edited by Mmba; Feb 1st, 2008 at 14:50:50. Reason: fixed a link
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

hmmm... how about somthing for the healing/raids docs.
    just a idea to play with.

item
    crash cart(life saveing)
    +30% healing eff
    -300 offence
    +100 bio
    +100 mm

1-1(1) dmg

enable:battlegroup saviour (a 10-15k aoe heal)
    Enable:closecall1/2/3

no dmg but makes a healing doc more effective.
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

An item like that is a good idea, but don't make it a weapon - having to twink weapons, pistols or loosing pre-equiped could-have-been-doc-weapons kinda blows.
    It could instead come with a 2000 points damage debuff or a add all off debuff to allow smoother transitions.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Remove the ability to cancel doctor DoTs by other professions than a doctor. Story wise it would make sense. Since when was anyone but a doctor able to cure diseases and vira like the ones described in our DoT lines?

Furthermore, how about improving the landing rate of DoTs? I'm tired of seeing people with 2k NR resist my DoTs over and over again since it leaves me very vulnerable to cast them. Traders and NTs both got NR drains, and the MP ENSD has a 90% NR check iirc to help them - where is our help? Contrary the profs just mentioned we forfeit our only defense when casting our offensive nanos (UBT and 3xDoTs)...

Edit: I'll /wrist anyone who tells me to get more AR to land nanos - I got plenty tyvm...
    Last edited by Avari; Feb 13th, 2008 at 20:22:31.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    Edit: I'll /wrist anyone who tells me to get more AR to land nanos - I got plenty tyvm...
    and I'll hold them down for ya =D
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by lyzor View Post
    and I'll hold them down for ya =D
    team work ftw

If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

About our defences in pvp :

We got perks to remove :
    - blinds
    - nsd
    - divest & plunder skills

can we get a perk to remove GTH ?
    I don't want to nerf this nano, but, I really find it deadly.
    Epolass 220/27 Eternalist Dedicated nurse
    Secretairepo 194/10 Dictator-wanabe Taking the path to TL7
    Hiddenpolas 150/11 Spectre with a nice blood cloak
    President of ACF Douce folie

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    I can't care less about the balancing. Afterwards, the same people will still be whining on forums, the rest will adapt as always.

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by epolass View Post
    About our defences in pvp :

We got perks to remove :
    - blinds
    - nsd
    - divest & plunder skills

can we get a perk to remove GTH ?
    I don't want to nerf this nano, but, I really find it deadly.
    not the place for this. see "list of needs and wants" issue number 1.

Remove the ability to cancel doctor DoTs by other professions than a doctor. Story wise it would make sense. Since when was anyone but a doctor able to cure diseases and vira like the ones described in our DoT lines?
    Again, not the place for this. See bugs and suggestions, point 2

Furthermore, how about improving the landing rate of DoTs? I'm tired of seeing people with 2k NR resist my DoTs over and over again since it leaves me very vulnerable to cast them. Traders and NTs both got NR drains, and the MP ENSD has a 90% NR check iirc to help them - where is our help? Contrary the profs just mentioned we forfeit our only defense when casting our offensive nanos (UBT and 3xDoTs)...

im not gonna put this on the list because its not an "idea", but i will reference it directly the next time the issue comes up. could you possibly do some kind of test on landing rate to confirm/deny how well dots land on different professions?
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Again, not the place for this. See bugs and suggestions, point 2
    How is this not the place for a suggestion to have non-removable (except other doctors) DoTs? Point 2 in suggestions is about nano init, and it's not a bug afaik I'm not talking about MP DoT overriding our C line or whatever it is (which is point 2 in bug list), I'm speaking in general terms. Any tool people have to remove DoTs except the ones available to doctors. I really dunno how you read the part you quoted me on to have something to do with any point 2 in any list on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba
    im not gonna put this on the list because its not an "idea", but i will reference it directly the next time the issue comes up. could you possibly do some kind of test on landing rate to confirm/deny how well dots land on different professions?
    I'll rephrase - wtb DoT with 90% NR check. Same thing different words, I just opened for the posibility to modify existing nanos instead of adding yet more.
    Last edited by Avari; Feb 14th, 2008 at 18:15:47.

Retired Doc Professional
    How is this not the place for a suggestion to have non-removable (except other doctors) DoTs? Point 2 in suggestions is about nano init, and it's not a bug afaik I'm not talking about MP DoT overriding our C line or whatever it is (which is point 2 in bug list), I'm speaking in general terms. Any tool people have to remove DoTs except the ones available to doctors. I really dunno how you read the part you quoted me on to have something to do with any point 2 in any list on this forum.

I'll rephrase - wtb DoT with 90% NR check. Same thing different words, I just opened for the posibility to modify existing nanos instead of adding yet more.
    i'll bite my tongue in saying that these are "out there" because of technical reasons and add them.

i'll bite my tongue in saying that these are "out there" because of technical reasons and add them.
    Remeber, you're a servant to the people :P

Jokes aside, I'm very glad we have you, and not ie t***x or the two soldier profs.
    Reading their posts always leave a bad taste in my mouth..

I would have tried to formulate it more diplomatic but i'm glad we have reasonable profs too.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast