Special: Snipe
    Range: 20m
    Max beneficial skill: 2300
    Attack skills: Bow 51% Bio. Met 49%
    Defence skills: Duck Exp 100%
    Modifier:
    NanoC. Init. 100
    Damage type: Poison AC
    Last edited by anayeva; Apr 2nd, 2008 at 03:32:33. Reason: put in some suggested changes

Nice but the crit multiplier is way low, attack speed is too long, and should come as a 210+ version. =D I like the epsilon purge proc though =D
    Last edited by lyzor; Mar 29th, 2008 at 18:47:57.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Would we really want a weapon with 1.3 sec recharge and a guaranteed capping AS?

I like BM as attack skill. Why diseace AC though? If we can dream make it poison at least. Personally I would have a lower max damage or a lil slower recharge on it.
    I actually like the tiger for us - the only problem is the bow requirement.
    A ql 250ish tiger with a BM attack skill instead of bow for AR and easier equipment (say those 2k BM) would be something I'd consider great. A tiger with a effortless 11s AS seems a little too good.

Not so much a fan of the epsilon purge. Enough procs in the game allready and even less people would duel me if they fear getting their buffs removed.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

I agree that max dmg might be a bit high, could lower that and maybe up crit a little. Disease AC is the same as Poison AC, just... well I dunno why i wrote that, been used in game before. Proc was just added as a fun thing really. And with the AS i really don't know.. Everyone else got insanely overpowered weapons in LE.. Wouldn't make such a big difference I think. If damage was balanced out a bit so the weapon would hit for about half a cap, and with the weapon attack speed its 12.3 sec AS. Not sure how much recharge would be needed, but lets say the number that comes up with maxed AS skill, 275 scope, and 2 ql 300 AS imps in, at 220.
    Last edited by anayeva; Apr 2nd, 2008 at 01:41:56.

Ah doh. Didn't think about the disease damage type... now I feel like a newb. Seriously doh, I actually knew that too. >_<
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Nice try Xenon! You gots rickrolled! =P
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    Would we really want a weapon with 1.3 sec recharge and a guaranteed capping AS?
    Why don't you ask the Silverback docs how many of them have un-equipped their mk6 because it was "too good for a doc"?

Short answer: yes. Just make the equip time too high for people to hotswap it (5sec isn't really long enough, probably 12sec would be needed).

Capped AS still only occurs once every 11 seconds. You'll still be missing a large number of regular shots on any DEF prof. You still will be completely unable to alpha any prof.

Would everyone use it? No. I'm sure many would prefer to stick with great PvM damage and/or the 1K PvP DoT. Would it give a new viable option? Sure. And options are good.

I wouldn't use it ALL the time, but it would be an option for tower wars and in a duel against someone who has so much DEF that our normal weapons have no chance. Not so much for most Shen/Pistol users (due to high MM/MR reqs making swapping weapons still too much hassle for most unless planning to stay that way for awhile). But for those who have decided to specialize in AS it would be a cold-swappable alternative. The silverback docs might even switch so that they have some alternatives.

I would definitely grab one for PvP. I'd keep my arbalest+fists for duelling situations, but having a hard hitting constant AS would be nice on BS and in some duels.

I'd REALLY like it if the game considered it a bow even though it didn't have bow reqs, so that bow special attack was plausible.

And yes, I know this whole idea isn't going to happen. Just blabbing.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Using Alb arrows would be nice yes, but then bow has to be main attack skill. With BioMet as Attack skill, there will be a better chance to land some perks.. Well at least the CoNC ones. Could be an option to make it 51% Bow and 49% BioMet. Even if this weapon never happens, at least we get some opinions on what docs want in a pvp weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by anayeva View Post
    Using Alb arrows would be nice yes, but then bow has to be main attack skill. With BioMet as Attack skill, there will be a better chance to land some perks.. Well at least the CoNC ones. Could be an option to make it 51% Bow and 49% BioMet. Even if this weapon never happens, at least we get some opinions on what docs want in a pvp weapon.
    Bow 71% and bm 69% rather

Oh I wish I had pre-equiped a Silverback, no doubt that. But even for the Silverback it's harder to cap the AS speed and docs that have it equiped use one with a lower QL and less damage.
    Silverback or bow, both would make good templates for a doc designed as weapon, though I personally find the tiger fitting us better.

My question was more in regard to a capping AS weapon that can be speed capped without effort. For silverback and tiger there are bigger sacrifices to make.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

I look at it this way.. I would love to see a wpn Desinged that played to the strengths of our Symbs... as we are the only prof who MUST use support symbs, (and we don't have an alternative symb) Docs are screwed (no AI eye either) and we must make a sacrifice in our symbs more so then other profs when selecting the IMPs needed as replacements. How many full support symb docs do you see? I would dare say "0", nada, zilch! BOW is in our symbs, it has a viable AS we would LIKE to see for PvP and some PVM.
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Quote Originally Posted by Ittledoc View Post
    How many full support symb docs do you see? I would dare say "0", nada, zilch!
    At least 1, me. Never cared about weaponskills, and I still don't.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

I used to be all symbs too while leveling up. I only used imps for twinking or to keep my weapon out of OE.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Retired Doc Professional
    personally i'd prefer we just get pistol into support symbs, but it might be easier to wait for a big update where symbs get remade/redesigned.
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    ... but it might be easier to wait for a big update where symbs get remade/redesigned.
    Do you know something we don't?
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    personally i'd prefer we just get pistol into support symbs, but it might be easier to wait for a big update where symbs get remade/redesigned.
    I'm guessing that was sarcasm from MMMMMmmmm Bah! personally.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

gee thanks. now the "mmm-bob" song is stuck in my head. >_<
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Retired Doc Professional
    nope. not this time. just saying that a large patch or expansion would be more probable than a fix of whats there. (can we say DB pocket bosses? )
    Last edited by Mmba; Apr 3rd, 2008 at 05:40:01.
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Aww too bad. You have such confidence in your sentence I was wondering if you heard they considered updating symbs.
    I can imagine them doing some single new symbiant like the syndicate ones, have a hard time imagining them updating the symb sets.

But yeah, unlikely they would change old symbs.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast