Thread: Freelance: It's Raining Rollerats!

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: It's Raining Rollerats!

It's Raining Rollerats!
    November 17, 29481 - Marion Vein [Rimor]

IRRK Freelance - OMNI-HQ - A horrendous amount of Scourge Rollerrats were recklessly carpet bombed around the headquarters district of Omni-1 at the time of the Board of Director's meeting Saturday.

At the latest meeting of the Newland City Council, Omni-Admin dispatched a crate, containing the first batch of Neutral Status Identification Chips, numbering two hundred in all, to Mayor Toog of Newland.

A letter was attached, informing the council that all employees who claimed 'Neutral' status were to wear the new IDs at all times, or face arrest by Omni-Pol forces, as part of a systematic security upgrade, bringing us all into a new tier of safety.

“To: Zephrem King, Newland
    Subject: Neutral Identification Chips
    Mister King,
    please see to it that this first batch of identification chips are distributed between the employees in Newland with claimed neutral status.
    These ID chips will be required to be worn at all times. Failure to do so will result in imposition by the noticing patrol.
    Regards, Omni-Admin”

However this great leap forward in technology was mocked by the Ministers who claimed that they would only be used by Omni-Tek to keep tabs on those who posed a threat to the corporation.

It was then the bright idea of one of the Newland ministers to send back each and every one of the 200 IDs inside rollerrats. This proposition was, surprisingly, humoured by Mayor Toog, who passed a vote agreeing that this was the best course of action.

So what, you might ask, it's only a joke isn't it?

Well, no, no it wasn't. At the time of the monthly Omni-Tek Affiliate meeting on Saturday 10th, a private shuttle carpet bombed dozens of rollerrats all over Omni-HQ showering the terrified and shocked citizens nearby.

These rats were naturally quickly dispatched by OT's skilled AF troopers, however, it is feared that the mess created by all this may take many hours to clear up. This disgusting act is an insult to all the great work that has been put in to ensure that the IDs are as secure as possible, and serves as a mockery of Omni-Tek, and it shall not be tolerated.

“The behaviour of this Mister King is unacceptable and calls for disciplinary actions. Loading of a bunch of rollerrats on my head?! I don’t think so. This will have consequences”, states a very distressed director Zeiler, after being hit with one of the rats on the head.

The actual course of action that will be taken is unclear, since police director Sergeyich was not present at the time, however, it can be assumed that the mayor and his cronies will be brought to justice.

Kaydemp of Reform had this to say: The "neutrals" of Newland have crossed the line of professional dealings. Their utter lack of respect and blatant disregard towards Omni-Tek cannot be allowed to go unpunished.

There were however some surprising responses from some of the Neutrals. For example, minister Tryqz commented “They were neutral citizens!”
    I must admit that it is sometimes hard to tell the difference between a neutral and a rollerrat, so I do suppose that it is a valid point. Perhaps Omni-Tek should be more careful when shooting rollerrats.

Rollerrats who claim to have “Neutral” status may be shot on sight.

Nice one. I wish I had been in the room, when they were brainstorming that one up.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...