Thread: Expansion pack vs booster pack

Expansion pack vs booster pack

I seem to have been hearing about the expansion pack for longer than I have been hearing about the booster pack.
    • Which one is coming first?
    • What the the game related reasons for each?
    • What is the business reasoning and/or positioning behind each?
    • This seem like a delution of development resources; what justifies this?
    • If both become available and if both are truly optional, there will be 4 possible game configurations; has the support nightmare that this will obviously create been considered?

jus'askin'
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa
    Solitus Neutral Engineer & Pet

there's a whole article on this from funcom...i don't have the link but check the main ao pages and you'll find it.

Roboka, I suggest you read the full info release on the booster pack.

The booster pack will be released first as shadowland will not be completed by the given release date, so instead of releasing a buggy incomplete product, they are giving us a slice of it.

Now game related reasons- well the booster pack gives us towers, thus broadening the PvP experience.
    And shadowlands opens up new territories and cities for us to explore and enjoy.

Hmm, business reasoning? I am wondering why you would want to knwo about that. But it is obvious that these are being released to keep a hold on the MMORPG market with the release of SWG and Neocron.

When you say a delution of resources, I think you mean diversion of resources?
    And you are only assuming that Funcom is diverting resources to work on the new releases. You have no grounding evidence to support your assumption, so therefore that question should be left in the closet.

And finally no, there wll not be four different game configurations, with the relese of the expansion and booster pack you will see a little difference,
    People who have the booster will be able to make towers, people who dont have the booster wont be able to make towers.
    But you will still be on the same PF as the person who has the booster pack anyways.

But I suggest before we start making assumptions on the booster pack and the expansion, lets just wait and see so that we can make true assumptions based on facts.
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..

Boosters cost $19.99. Expansions cost $39.99.

Damn inflation!!! Is Jimmy Carter our President again?
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?