Thread: Freelance: The rise of Robots? News from the science symposium at Reets

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: The rise of Robots? News from the science symposium at Reets

The rise of Robots? News from the science symposium at Reets
    November 13, 29481 - Rey "Shadyn" Dorph [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - At the science symposium held at the Reets Retreat club in the Stret West region, the R.U.R corporation (Rubi-Ka Universal Robots) presented plans for a robot “that looks and seems human, speaks, and shows evidence of individuality”. While droids with these abilities could be useful (The Erotic industry have expressed interest in the new droid from R.U.R), people have also expressed fears in what this may lead to in the future.

One concerned citizen, Izola “Areania” Caldon, who was attending the symposium consider RUR’s new droid concept irresponsible and possibly dangerous and comments: “Although the genius of Dabblez creations surely shines, Is it wise? Should technology this close to "cloning" be allowed, or is it not worse than cloning? Creating beings perhaps capable of thought, speech and autonomous action? R.U.R lacks a balance, missing the bigger picture and can sometimes not see the larger ramifications, however brilliant they might be.”

What would happen if these droids malfunction and rise against their owners? The president of R.U.R tried to calm fears and said at the symposium that were no plans for mass-producing the new droid but many citizens were still not convinced.

might i remind you omni-tek's bahirae clones?
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

I sense a Trash King comeback...

This whole "robots rise against their masters" fear is totally out of place. I am not saying it could never, ever happen, but let's get some perspective.

Every time a human commits a crime, do turn around and say "Gee, humans can be dangerous, we must all stop breeding now"? Do you ever stop and consider your baby could be the next Jack the Ripper or the next Hitler or even the next Simon Silverstone?

Robots at least go through a certain amount of quality control had have safeguards pre-programmed in them If only we could say the same about people.

In conclusion, more robots and less babies, that is all I am saying.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I just have to agree.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Well, I seen cyborgs that creeps me out. I guess they are just bio-engineered humans but still, brr...

((oh, do I sense some cyborg/robotic events building up? If so that would be really cool ))

Quote Originally Posted by Dabblez View Post
    Robots at least go through a certain amount of quality control had have safeguards pre-programmed in them If only we could say the same about people.
    But as they are built, tested and pre-programmed by flawed humanoids... And who needs a battalion of Trash Kings on their hands?

..And besides.. haven't you watched the old holos?
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post
    "... Should technology this close to "cloning" be allowed, or is it not worse than cloning? ...”
    I'm guessing this dude isn't a fan of having insurance.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG