Thread: Engineers' pet heals..

Post Engineers' pet heals..

Several Engineers have pointed this out before - as have I:

Why do our bot-heals use BioMet? I hear that the brain of the bot is organic, but the brain is a very small part of a bot's total mass. Use MatMet/MatCrea instead, a much more logical skill-combination to apply to a damaged bot.

After all, BioMet only affects living tissue, and a bot is 99% inorganic material.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Its futile.... they'll never change this. FC, in their excellence, belives that the engineer is a well-balanced profession. And nothing we say or do will make them think otherwise. Countless of proposed changes from the professionals came out with nothing. No acknowledgement at all for any of the issues.
    Octo - eqp

Atlanteans Legendary Teddybear wielding engineer and author of Click

Get the all new SK/XP Calculator and find out when you will DING!

Yes, but the vast majority of those suggestions were posted in the Engineer profession forum.

By posting here, there's a tiny little chance of -someone- reading it. Perhaps even for some official response as well, who knows?
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Bump. Will bump once every few days for a week or two.

I think all profs (except the crat) have to raise all their nano skills to use 'all' of their nanos. Engineers are fortunate since 3 of their nanos skills are the greenest of green. There was a thread earlier and quite a few people seemed to agree that in many cases the engineer pet heal isn't required when your bot has 42k hp.

So if you're short in IP don't raise it. If your bot isn't getting hurt too much, just use the hp trimmer instead (only requires green skills I belive).
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

Sure, I use the HP trimmer on occasion (but the Avoidance trimmer more regularly).

Still, it's the principle of the thing, not really that my bot gets battered down.

re

Bot heals are a farce at best, by the time you "can" use em they are almost pointless. The few points they heal in contrast to dmg they take is very disproportioned. Not to mention you must be lucky enough to find the correct heals.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Bump.

Yes, pet heals aren't easy to find, but you can use ClickSaver for them and do the appropriate missions, making them a little less rare.

I was told by a GM friend along time ago that Funcom screwed up on the mechanical pet heals. By default all nanos of a given type use the same skills to raise. Heals use biomet so that was the templet used.

He said they found the mistake too late to mess with it, so they just made up a lame story.

Interesting story! Thanks. :>

It's not impossible to change the mechanics of one line of nanos, is it? I don't know of a single engineer who would protest changing the BioMet requirement to MatMet..

One reason FC might be wary of making such a change could be that suddenly all other professions would want some inconsistencies ironed out, and so on.

Originally posted by RVWinkle
    I think all profs (except the crat) have to raise all their nano skills to use 'all' of their nanos.
    both the adventurer and the enforcer only need time and space for rechargers - so help them recover nano next time they buff you
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Profession line usage:

Adv: 5/6, haveta raise the 6th for using chargers.
    Agt: 6/6 for their own, much less other people's.
    Bur: 5/6 (there's a low level crat nuke that reqs MM, but most just ignore it)
    Doc: 5/6 for their main lines, 6/6 for Epsilon Purge, the NInit buff, and the treatment buffs.
    Enf: 4/6, 5/6 for bluntmonkeys and init buffs, the 6th for nanochargers.
    Eng: 5/6, 6/6 if bot heals are desired.
    Fix: 5/6, 6/6 if GA fixer.
    MA: 5/6, 6/6 if they want horde/cohort/str buffs
    MP: 6/6
    NT: 6/6. 5/6 if they don't care about layers buffs, stuns, and Enfraams.
    Sol: 6/6, though the BM-based buffs are pretty useless.
    Tra: 6/6, 5/6 if they skip their damage buffs.

Just giving you the information, I think engies should get the BM req on their heals changed to MM, but it'd never happen.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Bumpage, in hopes of a dev or Cz replying.