Thread: IRRK: ICC Urges for Negotiations

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: ICC Urges for Negotiations

ICC Urges for Negotiations
    November 12, 29481 - [Global]

IRRK - In a surprising press release, the ICC has urgently asked all parties on Rubi-Ka to lay aside all personal grudges and sit down to negotiate.

Here is the full text of the press release:

In light of the recently re-arisen disputes between certain factions, the ICC urges the involved parties to caution and to avoid overly hasted reactions.
    The ICC will always help with negotiations and support peaceful solutions. There is always another way to solve an issue without losing face.

Until Omni-tek lowers their guns, there will never be peace.

I am disappointed in this response. We gave Mr. Reichstain our thoughts on the idea of peace, and ask politely to have that message delivered to The OT Board and their Affiliates. The second leg of this deal was to have positive confirmation that Omni-tek would lower their threat level towards us. Only then was there to be an open floor to discuss a potential mutual defense initiative.

Our message was ignored either by the ICC, or Omni-tek.

Zora, in his speech said that there will be no compromise in their aggression against clan, and the people who support our right to freedom.

Ergo, no peace. Until we receive positive confirmation that compromise is on the table, you won't see it either. Once more, its ridiculous to think for a moment that we are going to wait months and months for a response either.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I think this may be more about the neutrals being grumpy at omni-tek for trying to label them or something, we all know clans still dont like them

Not that I disagree with the notion that negotiations is the only viable solution, this is a little rich coming fron the ICC. It is after all the ICC's deregulation of surface Notum mines that has been the catalyst for most of the fighting over the past three years and triggers the so called Notum Wars.

So sure, talking is good and setting aside grudges a neccessity, but let's forget the ICC is as responsible for this mess as anyone.

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

the ICC and their representative made it abundantly clear that their only concern was the flow of notum.

What in the good god of hell is this? The same ICC that thought it was a good idea for OT-AF to provide protection in Borealis... by killing on sight anyone wearing armor that was a bit too orange.

Negotiations my agile arse. In my book the only neut that can be trusted are the ones not wearing badges and holding military grade weapons.
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    the ICC and their representative made it abundantly clear that their only concern was the flow of notum.
    there there!
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Notum is war, it's an absolute curse upon this planet, and yet it's the only reason anyones on this planet either. How poetic. CEO Zora clearly cannot think forward. Despite increasing alien aggression, including two new sectors being inhabited in the outzones, the Board of Directors maintain the stance that nothing can stop Omni-Tek because we are rich and getting richer. Once an alien attack hits Omni-HQ, hard, we'll see a change.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

i do NOT trade in notum, thus notum isn't why i'm here still really
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Until Omni-tek lowers their guns, there will never be peace.

I am disappointed in this response. We gave Mr. Reichstain our thoughts on the idea of peace, and ask politely to have that message delivered to The OT Board and their Affiliates. The second leg of this deal was to have positive confirmation that Omni-tek would lower their threat level towards us. Only then was there to be an open floor to discuss a potential mutual defense initiative.

Our message was ignored either by the ICC, or Omni-tek.

Zora, in his speech said that there will be no compromise in their aggression against clan, and the people who support our right to freedom.

Ergo, no peace. Until we receive positive confirmation that compromise is on the table, you won't see it either. Once more, its ridiculous to think for a moment that we are going to wait months and months for a response either.
    Omni-Tek will lower the threatlevel and even put aside the past if the Clans would only stop their Unlawfull Rebellion and Terrorist Activities, as well as cease all Terror Attacks and Theft/Destruction of the Omni-Tek Notum Mines and Mining Operations.

There can be no peace as long as Clanners insist on illegal rebellion. The historic Greviences of the Clans have long since been addressed and the Clans hold No moral highground on which to stand. Atrox Freedom, we have gifted that, realizing past policy problems. Freedom to live as you will? Well we harry not the true Neutrals and let them go about their commerce. Our lienency goes even so far as to allow for the misguided Clans to continue their buisness with Neutrals unharrased after yet another policy change was needed in the orders omni-pol had issued to its guards. You see, Omni-Tek is not stuck in the mire of the past and past mistakes but is adaptive and reasonable. With great reason did we make the changes to our past wrongs.

Freedom, you can have it. But you have long since forgotten freedom.. You seek dominion. A land of petty squabbling empires of dust. If peace you want, stop rebelling... STOP trying to right old Wrongs that have long since been righted. Don't hide behind the false mask of Freedom Fighter when all you really are is a Power Monger.

Now this is not a direct note to Bubba. It is to all Clans. Peace, it can be hand in our time if you remember that we don't have Atrox Slaves, or mining slaves at all and pay fair wages for fair work. The old wrongs have been long redressed. Let them lay in the dust of the past of Rubi-Ka. Set aside your wanton desire for Dominon of Rubi-Ka.. its not yours.. it may be in the future, but for now its by Right of Law and Contract.. ours. Wont be here forever and the wise Neutrals know this and live in peace here with us wilst our time of Dominon lasts. Were it not for the sensless continued Rebellion and War, we could have long defeated the Kyr'Ozch and the Planoforming of Rubi-Ka would also be completed and a new Eden would be had. Instead we live in a world of ruin, the bitter fruit of Rebellion and Violence, Deceit and Trickery.

It is simple, Forgive, then.. let go of the generationally bred hate for Omni-Tek who wrong only your forebearers. Lay aside the demand for power and then.. live in freedom. Else you will never taste the freedom that you so claim to desire.
    Last edited by meatybtz; Nov 13th, 2007 at 23:10:49.

One would think that in this time and age we still weren't as barbaric as we are.. but alas, I guess we are still a simple bunch of breeds..
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by meatybtz View Post
    Omni-Tek will lower the threat level and even put aside the past if the Clans would only stop their Unlawfull Rebellion and Terrorist Activities, as well as cease all Terror Attacks and Theft/Destruction of the Omni-Tek Notum Mines and Mining Operations.
    I honestly don't believe OT will lower their threat level either, but as im fond of saying: "Some folks are allowed hope." As for an unlawful rebellion, is there such thing as a lawful one?

There can be no peace as long as Clanners insist on illegal rebellion. The historic Greviences of the Clans have long since been addressed and the Clans hold No moral highground on which to stand. Atrox Freedom, we have gifted that, realizing past policy problems. Freedom to live as you will? Well we harry not the true Neutrals and let them go about their commerce. Our lienency goes even so far as to allow for the misguided Clans to continue their buisness with Neutrals unharrased after yet another policy change was needed in the orders omni-pol had issued to its guards. You see, Omni-Tek is not stuck in the mire of the past and past mistakes but is adaptive and reasonable. With great reason did we make the changes to our past wrongs.
    Moral highground is relevant to those who have it. We disagree, simply put. We can even agree that we disagree on our relevant standpoints. But still, it exists.. and that is the root of our problem. As for Atrox freedom, it was never OT's right to 'gift' freedom to anyone. Freedom is a gift one gives to themselves.. a basic right of humanity, as long as they can be responsible for that freedom. Once more, I am not impressed with the idea that people can just 'forgive themselves' without offering some sort of pennance, be it public or private.

Freedom, you can have it. But you have long since forgotten freedom.. You seek dominion. A land of petty squabbling empires of dust. If peace you want, stop rebelling... STOP trying to right old Wrongs that have long since been righted. Don't hide behind the false mask of Freedom Fighter when all you really are is a Power Monger.
    Don't mince foolish words. We want recognition. Dominion is what people already have, all around. Dominion is granted to those who are powerful enough to claim it. Freedom is, and was never free. You have to continue to maintain your freedom, through responsibility. Recognition that we are sovereign, and that we control our own destinies, not those passed to us by some system we cannot even have faith in. Lives do not work this way. We want freedom from your machine, and the ability to have our existence the way we see fit.

Now this is not a direct note to Bubba. It is to all Clans. Peace, it can be hand in our time if you remember that we don't have Atrox Slaves, or mining slaves at all and pay fair wages for fair work. The old wrongs have been long redressed. Let them lay in the dust of the past of Rubi-Ka. Set aside your wanton desire for Dominon of Rubi-Ka.. its not yours.. it may be in the future, but for now its by Right of Law and Contract.. ours. Wont be here forever and the wise Neutrals know this and live in peace here with us wilst our time of Dominon lasts. Were it not for the sensless continued Rebellion and War, we could have long defeated the Kyr'Ozch and the Planoforming of Rubi-Ka would also be completed and a new Eden would be had. Instead we live in a world of ruin, the bitter fruit of Rebellion and Violence, Deceit and Trickery.
    Likewise sir, likewise. Although a large part of me wishes the past to be the past, having one voice like yours does not speak for the whole. You can have all the peace and grant all the peace you like, but you personally do not have the power to grant that under your own might. So, instead of this.. we have our voices in numbers. And, following suit.. one clan cannot forgive OT and forget this way. We have to collectively lower our guns together. It will not under any circumstance, happen any other way that is not forcible. There is too much at stake, and there is much treachery to be wary of.

It is simple, Forgive, then.. let go of the generationally bred hate for Omni-Tek who wrong only your forebearers. Lay aside the demand for power and then.. live in freedom. Else you will never taste the freedom that you so claim to desire.
    I wish it was as simple as that. But it wont. Power and Freedom go hand in hand. I think alot more people have issues with the word power in its worst intended usage. Power can be just as miniscule as it can be large. Power to make choices, and the power to come into knowledge and destiny on our own. Many people, not just us but these so called beloved neutrals as well, want their own destiny... but is this something OT offers? No.

Therefore, we forge our own. With our own hands, and minds, we forge ourselves in the images that we create. I'd be a fool to think that all clans or omni are inherently good or evil or otherwise. It is simply a matter of the will, to eradicate the limitations that were imposed upon oneself by another. THAT is the true definition of freedom. Everything outside of that, is responsibility.

Instead of bulk grouping all clans into dirty barbarians, like some have done... lean on the ones who are irresponsible with their freedom. Those are the truly weak and despotic ones, and they deserve to have their freedoms revoked.

I truly despise the largeness of my reply. Some of the reasoning behind it was needed. This is a philosophical debate, and philosophy seems to destroy simple explanations when in the face of questions.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

But if you wrest something with force of arms, is it not rebellion? Is it not theft?

No good can ever come of it Bubba. You know me to tow the party line. I follow Omni-Tek, not because I always agree with it, or that I think it some place of perfection but because I believe in the right of Law. I believe that nothing good will come to the Clans from the method by which they have gone about it.

You want for power that is not Justly yours to have? Is that not a broken way to go about it? Has it achieved ANY true good in this world? This planet is almost a complete broken dream. Ruins scattered about the world that should have been made into Paradise... but that was to be fruit borne in due time not wrested while still raw and unripe. Omni-Tek admitted to its faults in the early years and strove to correct them. The neutrals for the most part are left to self-govern. The only cavet being that the Omni-Tek Corporation does hold final power here. As in Bor, for purposes of defense they acted. Such is life. Yet still neutrals pass freely, have their own governing body in Newland City. Are these not freedoms?

Why do you still lust after power that isn't yet yours. The contract is not forever. Our deed will expire and the Land will be yours but now when that day comes it will be a broken half built land. A waste of dreams and bereft of future and hope and worth.

It never should have gone this way. When the greivences were righted that should have lead to the burying of the hatchet and a mending of ways. Instead blindly the hate goes on. The Lust for Power goes on, but not in a healthy way. There are means to get power. Right ways, Lawful ways. I don't subscribe to either side being good or evil. Like you such a judgment would be a fools one. I can, however, seek to uphold Right. Right is Law, because law is Order. Order brings a peace and straightening of ways. Organization leads to progress, and in progress there is growth. Growth is life. Within this, there is freedom as such as any man can have. For always there have been Lords and Master, as well as those that follow them. Is a King free? Or is he not bound by the Law of his land and his hand. He is bound to his people as his people are bound to him. That is Law. Its is but in rare instances when Rebellion can be warranted. The rebellion against the wrongs of Omni-Tek against the miners was perhaps a Right. A loud voice to make change. But it was listened too.

There are times when I ponder on our own past. Of the overthrowing of the Omegas. Under them was peace and prosperity. The wars of Man, ceased for a time. That was good. But wrong was it that they held back Man from growth. Growth is life.. so after a fashion the peace was Death. Man rebelled against the Omegas, in a war that nearly destroyed our world and our future. We gained our growth, but look here, now and in the past we have paid a price for it! The Corporate Wars, the Wars here in this world, and elsewhere. Now Man wars on himself yet again. There is little peace in a time when a united front against the Kyr'Ozch, the new threat we should have. Long before the Kyr'Ozch landed on Rubi-Ka Omni-Tek held them at bay at cost to itself. ((possible meta gaming on this one, It is not clear if proof exists of the long fight between the Unicorns and the Kyr'Ozch for a period before they landed on Rubi-Ka is public knowlege)) And here we fight them still. Where is SOL Corp.? Where is Earth and the other worlds of Man in this? We fight now alone, against each other, because of our Rebellion in our own world. Right and Wrong intertwine about the core of Law and Rebellion. In the instance of our past, it is cloudy. Maybe it will be said of our Time the same.

If the Clans continue to try and wrest that which isnt theirs I will be there. I will kill them, I will stand by the Law because in its upholding there is freedom. This is all I can do. This is the power I have to seek out Peace by. It may come to pass that our own self destruction will be delivered by soulless green bio-steel clad hands.
    Last edited by meatybtz; Nov 14th, 2007 at 07:06:35.

But if you wrest something with force of arms, is it not rebellion? Is it not theft?
    Is it theft to reclaim that which is ours? One would have to define the system of ownership in order for it to be truly theft.

No good can ever come of it Bubba. You know me to tow the party line. I follow Omni-Tek, not because I always agree with it, or that I think it some place of perfection but because I believe in the right of Law. I believe that nothing good will come to the Clans from the method by which they have gone about it.
    No good comes of it, in your eyes. Unfortunately for you, clan do not judge by your eyes. No one faults you for being loyal to an employer. I myself am quite loyal to mine. I encourage loyalty to that which supports you and yours. But, what is law is not always right, or correct, or even arguably plausible. It is hard law that you must obey the company. This in itself is not right. No one should be forced to be give fealty at birth to a concept that you are not even mature enough to understand, much less agree with. OT forces its own employees into an infrastructure and told this is what is right. Tyranny is not right, no matter what law says so. Is it justice to hold people against their will? A law that supports opression is not a law that I would, nor preach others to follow.

You want for power that is not Justly yours to have? Is that not a broken way to go about it?
    Again, the system of ownership question. The only power I wish to have, is my own free will to have my life, my children, and my country to have a system that believes in the right of the individual. It is a basic right that all men and women should hold dear. It is a right to choice. The alternative does not allow choice. Therefor, we have yet again come back to the same basic argument.

Has it achieved ANY true good in this world? This planet is almost a complete broken dream. Ruins scattered about the world that should have been made into Paradise... but that was to be fruit borne in due time not wrested while still raw and unripe. Omni-Tek admitted to its faults in the early years and strove to correct them. The neutrals for the most part are left to self-govern. The only cavet being that the Omni-Tek Corporation does hold final power here. As in Bor, for purposes of defense they acted. Such is life. Yet still neutrals pass freely, have their own governing body in Newland City. Are these not freedoms?
    If you mean how much good the right to choice is? Its not a measure of whats good or evil, those are the responsibilities of freedom, not freedom itself. The right to choice is inherently basic to our being. It is integral to things so far deep into our psyche that it the idea of option alone opens up paths of wisdom. To stifle wisdom garnered from experience, is to lead oneself into stagnation. This is not good. It helps no one to be ignorant of the basic needs of life, for it to prosper.

Why do you still lust after power that isn't yet yours. The contract is not forever. Our deed will expire and the Land will be yours but now when that day comes it will be a broken half built land. A waste of dreams and bereft of future and hope and worth.
    Your vision isn't shared by all, obviously. The cup is half full, or half empty? Do you see a desolate planet devoid of life, or do you see the potential to create something of lasting value, not only to yourself, but what you can give to others. Imagine the poor man who builds a house, only to live there with his family. The family benefits just as much as the man who built it.

I don't subscribe to either side being good or evil. Like you such a judgment would be a fools one. I can, however, seek to uphold Right. Right is Law, because law is Order. Order brings a peace and straightening of ways. Organization leads to progress, and in progress there is growth. Growth is life. Within this, there is freedom as such as any man can have. For always there have been Lords and Master, as well as those that follow them. Is a King free? Or is he not bound by the Law of his land and his hand. He is bound to his people as his people are bound to him. That is Law. Its is but in rare instances when Rebellion can be warranted. The rebellion against the wrongs of Omni-Tek against the miners was perhaps a Right. A loud voice to make change. But it was listened too.
    Right and Law are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Extreme order is just as harmful as extreme chaos. Order does not always bring peace. It only brings peace when being forced into being. Why force it? What do you have to gain from forcing a square person through a circular hole? Not everything fits into a perfect vision of nirvana. All your wheels and cogs do not always fit. Instead of dealing with it, the point was pushed till all you have left is the human emotion of getting a raw deal. Anger, my friend, is a powerful demon that not everyone has conquered. You have to handle the details in a human fashion, not a machine fashion. Or else you deny the very thing that makes us all human, the very thing that makes us whom we are. A machine can be a great vision of perfection, but people are not machines.

If the Clans continue to try and wrest that which isnt theirs I will be there. I will kill them, I will stand by the Law because in its upholding there is freedom. This is all I can do. This is the power I have to seek out Peace by. It may come to pass that our own self destruction will be delivered by soulless green bio-steel clad hands.
    It is your right to have the decision to make war. Just as we have. I will stand for our own law, our own sense of justice. I will defend our rights of choice, and the freedom to live our lives the way we see fit. I will defend my child from the violence I know that OT will bring to me. I will fight for the people and things I care about, as much as any other man would. Even in death, I will be free.

"Take from me that which I value, and I will strike you down as an enemy." This basic concept has been with us since the dawn of time. Apply it to every argument we have with each other.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...