Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why have a PvP-oriented pack when PvP itself is utterly broken?

There's another problem with this booster pack thing unless they do something drastic. As stated above, the 'uber' guilds will likely destroy everything in their path. They will start up 'alt guilds' to take the place of those they destroyed and be able to 'enjoy pvp' even more.

My issue is that these towers will be providing benefits to the owner guilds. So not only do the destroyers have an advantage from the start, once they clean up the normal player's towers, they end up being even more uber. Even if you don't PvP, being in this guild will make you a better character than if you just join up with people you like and with whom you think alike.

So now you are 'forced' once again to join the 'uber' guild to gain the benefits of playing the game. It isn't bad enough the 'uber' guilds hog all the unique mob encounters and Tarasque. But, now they'll be getting bigger and better.

There's a lot of checks and balances that need to be put in regarding these things. I want to put one up with my guild and enjoy defending it. I don't want it to be attacked the second I put it up and have absolutely NO CHANCE of defeating the megalo-guilds with 300 members and a dozen over lvl 200. That would be like us going to Tarasque and trying to have some fun.

Arrow

Which FC do claim to have considered and be working to prevent. What exactly the solution they have in mind is, and how effective it turns out to be remains to be seen...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Originally posted by Fion
    Hell anyone who has played any RvR in DAoC knows that group vs group combat is WERE IT'S AT!
    Haha..I would agree that it has improved in DAoC, but hey....for a VERY long time this was PvP in DAoC.

[setup]
    Two teams running around after the mezzer of the group

[encounter]
    Each groups mezzer ran towards the other group and cast AOE mez. The group whose mezzer cast first won the fight

[end]

If you want to call this 'strategy' well then ok.
    Now the above has changed slightly with realmabilities.

If anything like this would ever happen to AO I would drop my account (quicker than a Hibbie drops his pants in a gay bar )

Unhappy

Well on the PvP aspect I'm hoping this booster will actually improve things. It will actually give a point to PvP instead of just the gank fest it is. I'm optimistic on that side.

The big thing that has me worried are all the bugs and incompleteness in the org system.

Too much org activity is all hung up on the leader. Leaders have to do everything except kick in person (and sometimes recruit) and this doesn't provide itself to good org play.

We should be able to promote/demote members anywhere they are. Leaders should be able (maybe as purchasable advantages/disadvantages?) the ability for different ranks to perform different org tasks.

Most orgs that I know of (including mine unfortunately, we'd like it to be different) are only really active and going and that time of the day where the leader plays. For most orgs there is a time in the 24 hour day when they have NOBODY on, even the "Uber" guilds suffer this.

What's going to happen to their pricely bought towers when they're not on and can't be recruiting members? The org system needs a serious revamp or else the towers will probably fall nightly due to a time period when nobody is on to defend them =(

Can you address this Funcom?
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

It is my understanding that you can build towers around your main tower that will protect it from attack (at least to a degree). I'm guessing these will exist even when the are no guild members online. It has also been said that it will be much easier to defend a tower than to attack one. I'm guessing that those two things combined with possible level restrictions to different pvp areas will answer in large part the question, "What happens when there is nobody online to defend the tower?"

If it was that easy then it would simply be a land claim jump because no one could take it away from you.

Which would once again be a bad idea.

Much better if they make the org system fully functional and an issue which has not at all been addressed.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123