Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion for PvP Runners

Suggestion for PvP Runners

Here is my lil suggestion....

If your a Runner (you know who's you are), I propose, for those people that run from the arena into a shop to stop fight should get a message,

Error: unable to zone while in fight.

\

\

Ok, i know someone will add to this. so here is my answer on this

Q- But what if i get ganked?

A- In RL you get jumped, you get jumped. You run they follow, you come back outside, they start again. You know what i mean?

Take it! if you get ganked, gank back!, they have a team, then you go get your friends

Goo idea, but would obviously have to be limited to fights with PLAYERS, because of the way mobs retain aggro, esp when you are leaving a dungeon, and make a train. There are also bugs that make you "still in fight" with mobs that have been killed, but i do NOT know if that same bug applies with PvP as well. At any rate, it would have to be limited to people in fights with players.
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

If i am dueling a trader and get drained to 25% on weapon and can't TMS cause i'm level 167 and down to using QL 30~ TMS.... I'm running.

If i'm dueling a chain-rooter.... I'm running (unless he's faster than me).

If i'm dueling a fixer I can't hit.... I'm running.

If i'm dueling a doctor that has a HE buff with unlimited heals... I'm running.

If i see an enforcer running towards me (as I will never run towards an enforcer)... I'm running.. then i'm going to pray he doesn't Rage... then i'm going to run some more.

If i see two slayer droids in the zone and one is a player: guess what... I'm going to run again.

Good idea. You definately shouldnt be able to zone in the middle of an arena fight.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Originally posted by Lohem
    If i am dueling a trader and get drained to 25% on weapon and can't TMS cause i'm level 167 and down to using QL 30~ TMS.... I'm running.

If i see an enforcer running towards me (as I will never run towards an enforcer)... I'm running.. then i'm going to pray he doesn't Rage... then i'm going to run some more.

If i see two slayer droids in the zone and one is a player: guess what... I'm going to run again.
    awww... what about MA's?!
    Mizrach

Ex-Coven Master of Dark Covenant(RK2)

Thanks for the good times all...

What, you'd run away from an Engineer and a bot?

That's a first.. I thought our profession was the red-headed stephchild of PvP.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Originally posted by Kzak

That's a first.. I thought our profession was the red-headed stephchild of PvP.

well actually, why not, a properly buffed engy in ST would have higher MA skill than a ma.. thus hit harder (need a nice scope tho).. and then add the bot.. i would say they do a fair amount of damage, dont forget the -49% reflect debuff (in worst case)
    Znails

Originally Posted by Kzak
    I've never died so fast as when i did with Ethernal. CRAZY damage, he hit me more than the bot did and crit on me like a mad man with maxxed evades. Plus the soldier killer... shield debuff. Also I fough my same level Adriana or something like that (165~) And that was close, I won... but only because she agreed not to debuff my shield

Note: I had about 200 HP when she died.

Originally posted by Mizrach
    awww... what about MA's?!
    If I see an MA my level or higher with a claw... and he's swinging at me, and I'm not seeing that funky bugged up claw damage (where you think your beating the MA, but he's really kicking your butt) where you've got 100% health then you see you've got 50% and then your dead.......... I'm running.

Hehe.. happy?

Re: Suggestion for PvP Runners

Originally posted by Sexidoc
    Q- But what if i get ganked?

A- In RL you get jumped, you get jumped. You run they follow, you come back outside, they start again. You know what i mean?
    1. If I ever "got jumped" by someone in RL, I'd try and get away - run to safety.

2. This isn't RL - If I wanted RL I'd not log on AO. Not sure about others though.

3. If you get ganked, your solution is to gank back? That's just stupid. If you don't mind ganking - sure, go with it. If you don't, then getting ganked shouldn't be enough of a reason to turn you into the same.

It's perfectly acceptable to run away from a fight - only an idiot or a fanatic (often the same) would stay and fight if he knew he'd loose, both in a game and in RL.
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

Smile

Hey!

Why not make it :

Suppression 0% : Unable to zone
    Suppression 25% : Able to zone.

Just an idea.
    Then you CANT run from Arena, but you CAN run if you're on your way to a mission in 2H0
    Main chars :
    Tumtitum - 220 Soldier, Atlantean
    Darkseraphin - 220 NT, Atlantean
    Twinfootwo - 220 Martial Artist, Atlantean
    There is no foot in my name!
    Shaolinna - 218 Agent, Atlantean

First person to be drunk every single level from 1 to 220 ..ever......

Re: Suggestion for PvP Runners

Originally posted by Sexidoc
    No, in RL you pull out your .38 and make a bunch of noise 'till they go away.

Dont try to make lucid connections between RL events, and video game mechanics. Its ludicrous.

So some guys run away from you while you were jumping/ganking/whofriggincares them. Boo hoo.

IN all seriousness, go play something else for a week. You wont want to come back to this game again.
    Hangtown
    -I can't find my pants
    -The Slowest MA in Tir
    -Wise Sage to All Noobs
    -Soothsayer to the Incompetent
    -All Around Nice Guy
    -Killing Guards Is Good For the Soul!
    -Like Whoa!

Originally posted by Kenlon
    Level limits make baby Jesus cry.

Stupid idea, IMHO. If somebody is running away from you in the desert, they don't just hit a glass wall and have to sit down and die.

The suggestion would fly if you could carry your agro through the zone. You are fighting someone and they flee. Well iif they zone, you follow them and continue the chase.

Last thing we need is more fakeness in this game. 'Ooops, I can't take one step more to the north because I have player agro'.

I personally detest the original proposal. But fully appreciate the intentions.

Just because someone you are fighting runs into a supermarket doesn't mean you can't follow behind and finish them off.

I actually agree....
    that would be a better idea.
    Lets chase them into the next zone.

But that's gonna be a programming hell for FC i think
    Main chars :
    Tumtitum - 220 Soldier, Atlantean
    Darkseraphin - 220 NT, Atlantean
    Twinfootwo - 220 Martial Artist, Atlantean
    There is no foot in my name!
    Shaolinna - 218 Agent, Atlantean

First person to be drunk every single level from 1 to 220 ..ever......

lol
    Lohem
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so if you get attacked you are running, or am reading this wrong???

BTW i am just joking with you do not go nuts on me =)
    Proud member of TAG
    Zedtheknife - Keeper Equip
    Weapons I use on Zedtheknife
    Gelids
    Copy of the Excaliber
    Frost-bound Reaper
    Zed "Doczed" Dabucho Equip
    Zedthepimp MA
    Zedddd (120) Trader
    Zedthekiller (115) MP
    Zedtheone (105) Enf

Originally posted by TwinFooTwo
    Hey!

Why not make it :

Suppression 0% : Unable to zone
    Suppression 25% : Able to zone.

Just an idea.
    Then you CANT run from Arena, but you CAN run if you're on your way to a mission in 2H0
    You couldn't get into 0% zones. So much for the arena. :\
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Well

I've never died so fast as when i did with Ethernal. CRAZY damage, he hit me more than the bot did and crit on me like a mad man with maxxed evades. Plus the soldier killer... shield debuff. Also I fough my same level Adriana or something like that (165~) And that was close, I won... but only because she agreed not to debuff my shield

Note: I had about 200 HP when she died.
    PvP can be a funny thing.
    I fought Ethernal twice .
    1st time i beat him down to nothing in seconds.
    a. Pre mongo ( as always)
    b. Rage
    c. Challenger
    d. Fob

2nd time he beat me down in seconds. Go figure!1 ..lol
    I tried the slow tactic that failed. Go all out on him.

Originally posted by Littletotem
    I tried the slow tactic that failed. Go all out on him.
    I'll try again. Ethernal and I are on good terms, it wasn't a confict duel... he is a really cool guy, So I'll ask him to do more tests with me.

Although totem, you have to admit that enforcers have a bit more to work with than a selfbuffed soldier.

Originally posted by Zed
    so if you get attacked you are running, or am reading this wrong???

BTW i am just joking with you do not go nuts on me =)
    hehe, it was more of a joke than anything else.. but ya, pretty much. nothing wrong with running in PvP - it's called RETREAT
    Many military forces have used this popular tactic successfully. The alternative is to just Die LOL and the run from trade back to Tir Arena, MMD, 2ho, 4ho ect... is long when rezzed.... so if I'm losing, unless i agree not to run, i'm running. No offense taken btw, it's all in fun.

Yes

I'll try again. Ethernal and I are on good terms, it wasn't a confict duel... he is a really cool guy, So I'll ask him to do more tests with me.

Although totem, you have to admit that enforcers have a bit more to work with than a selfbuffed soldier.

Your right . Enforcers do have more to work with.To be honest im not qualified to give soldier tactics , mine is only level 8 ..lol!Enforcers , well i have that covered. I have played an enforcer little as you can see.

I have no issues with Ethernal . Hey, i have hunted with his fixer back in the old days.

sounds like fun to me. i am still going to tweak on my doc. and have fun playing the game.
    Proud member of TAG
    Zedtheknife - Keeper Equip
    Weapons I use on Zedtheknife
    Gelids
    Copy of the Excaliber
    Frost-bound Reaper
    Zed "Doczed" Dabucho Equip
    Zedthepimp MA
    Zedddd (120) Trader
    Zedthekiller (115) MP
    Zedtheone (105) Enf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast