Thread: Major improvements to PvP

Major improvements to PvP

These are just some thoughts i had about improving pvp i posted on the 'suggestions' forum. Tell me what you think.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=51288
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Please bump it as well. Whether or not you like the stuff i think any changes or any possibility of change in AO's PvP system should be welcomed.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."

I fully agree with ya Stromm. PvP needs help and so does the game.

The whole "supression gas" aspect of AO causes problems in zones where you have 75% & 25% right next to each other. I say rework the gas layout to adhere to the following guidelines:

In no zone shall there be a mixture of gases.

The only 100% zones should be: NLC, Tir/Athen, Omni 1-Ent / Trade, and the various nubi pits. All other zones should be 25% or 0%. 75% should be for missions only.

The level restrictions of PvP do not make sense either, particularly when it comes to once you hit level 75. The 'logical' level spreads previous to 75 should run up until 150. Only after you hit 150, should you be open to anyone above you...not at level 75. Either that, or make it completely open (any level can fight any level) with severe negative effects (loss of XP) for killing someone more than 20 levels lower than yourself.
    .: Naraya :.

bump

Come on people a little life here.

Bump.

bump...=/

*bump*

bumpage for a very good idea, AO needs to to be more PvP-oriented (story: are we supposed to do mission for our factions or to kill the enemies out there??? )

Thelsai, in 9.5mil xp Techno-Mage
    Rookie Thelsai 201 NT - eqp - Back to life, feel the power of teh damage

Kaneos - Retired Keeper due to prof gimpness Oo

bump

Angry Just gimme a PvP Server!!!!!!!!

I want a PvP Server.

The other mmorpg's have them.

Why cant Funcom?

I want ANARCHY online. Right now i can only find TRUE ANARCHY online is if i play on DAOC PvP Servers or AC Darktide server.

Those are True ANARCHY online servers.

170+ Nano Technician
    Unit member of Lost Chapter

- Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 0% everywhere else. And no level restrictions

- Remove PvP titles from the game

Bump 4 the most stubborn fixer i know :P
    Rookie Jiggamonkey - 162 Soldier
    Proud member of the MoK
    Proudly Canadian... the land of beer hockey and beavers

A pvp server is not a good idea, as it will kill the last life this game have, its too few players to split it even more up and let the carebears be on one server, and the rest on their own pvp one`, better to merge all the current servers..AND mkae pvp more feasible =)
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Angry PvP server is a good idea

PvP server is a good idea.

Like i said b4 i want "Anarchy" Online. DAOC pvp servers IS "Anarchy" online same as AC pvp server.

NO lvl Restrictions.

NO Guards attacking players.

Only a FEW safe zones.

True Anarchy and Chaos

The other mmorpg's Have MANY peeps playing the "Normal" servers and the FEW on the PVP servers.

So AO pvp server will Not kill the game.

I've been hearing peeps screaming "make pvp more feesible" since AO came out. and after ALL the changes and nerfs. I still hear peeps screaming "make pvp more feesible"

Well maybe the xpansion pack will "make pvp more feesible"
    So maybe all the peeps screaming " make pvp more feesible" will finally shut up.

And give us hardcore pvpers a NO safe Zone( or no more than 3 safe zones) and NO lvl restricted PVP SERVER!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Guaje; Oct 5th, 2002 at 09:47:12.
    Originally posted by Jekyll
    read my sig:
    Kristopher Jecc Vallegos - RK1
    170+ Nano Technician
    Unit member of Lost Chapter

- Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 0% everywhere else. And no level restrictions

- Remove PvP titles from the game

Originally posted by JiggaMonkey
    Bump 4 the most stubborn fixer i know :P
    heh, thumbs up jiggamonkey

bump

Originally posted by Hermy
    A pvp server is not a good idea, as it will kill the last life this game have, its too few players to split it even more up and let the carebears be on one server, and the rest on their own pvp one`, better to merge all the current servers..AND mkae pvp more feasible =)
    Merging the servers would actually be good Or atleast rk1+rk2.
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Turn RK-1 into a pvp server
    this game is about war so every server shouled be a pvp server
    w00p w00p!!