Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE make the game more PvP oriented!

Unhappy

ohh and LittleTotem...
    sry... ime haveing a bad day...
    i will remove the stuff that should not be there, and leave the things worth reading, it kills the seriousness of the post. hope u'll do the same....
    OT Soldier: Sarv
    My little CH ho: Zitrix

NP

Originally posted by Sarv
    ohh and LittleTotem...
    sry... ime haveing a bad day...
    i will remove the stuff that should not be there, and leave the things worth reading, it kills the seriousness of the post. hope u'll do the same....
    We all have our moments .. Me more than others. im atrox

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Well

Originally posted by LittleTotem

Or make there name Red?
    Pretty much anything which makes them standout. Also they should be rewarded in some way for taking the extra risk!!
    I completely agree...... those who take the risk should be able to get a bonus... If you make the PvP item something like an implant, then you just stack some mods on it! +10% xp, +10 attack rating, +10 defense rating, +1 crit, +100 hp, +100 nano... mods or no mods, I'd love to see it... almost like the combo of having an xtra xp ring and globe of clarity all rolled into one! The only catch is that I wouldn't want to see it add to anything that is used to equip items, else it would be abuse by people that go PvP for a few seconds to equip a new item.

when I was just a little noob, I remember seeing someone in the arena attacking and hitting for 100+ damage and I thought they were a god! I think it was crazypostman... That was really impressionable on me and made me want to try PvP.... I think having invasions into areas where new players are running around would help infuse PvP a little too.
    Last edited by Czarina; Sep 13th, 2002 at 21:29:47.
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

I think there should be a time limit on how often u could take out/put in tha chip... not sure how long tho...

eny idea's ?

i think... it adding to PvP related skills is ok, but not to XP... we would have 1/2 the population on Rubi-ka whining that we got more XP just cuz we PvP whiles they do not...

Originally posted by Sarv
    I think there should be a time limit on how often u could take out/put in tha chip... not sure how long tho...

eny idea's ?

i think... it adding to PvP related skills is ok, but not to XP... we would have 1/2 the population on Rubi-ka whining that we got more XP just cuz we PvP whiles they do not...
    just the thought of a massive PvP battle occuring in Omni trade gets me excited....

Since there is a time limit on things like changing sides, the coding seems to already be present there for a feature that is set to a minimum time to use... Maybe make it useable, once every 12 hours of played time. That way it really isn't useable but once a day... that way you don't have anyone switching to fight in the massive PvP battle and then just switching back mid battle, because they decided they want to xp...

Now what about team status? how would a non-PvP teaming with a PvP work in a 75% zone? What about heals during battles?

Thumbs up Re: PLEASE make the game more PvP oriented!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Flak "Stromm" Tempest
    -Zoning would no longer be an issue if the trap/breakentry skills were applied to PvP. Re-implement the 'Plastic Explosive' item you would recieve from disarming traps, and allow people to set these things on objects in PvP zones. Allow the ability for players with high break and entry skill to lock doors to zone in. There needs to be more reward for investing IP into these skills. Allow land-mines to be placed, as this and PvP vehicles with special weapons would *drastically* decrease the amount of group rushing and lag in PvP and enforce the use of squad/player tactics.
    this == the goods. one more thing to make fixers and agents the harbingers of havoc they were meant to be.

harbingers? http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=harbinger

harbingers.

well... i think teaming and heal's ect is a serious issue if this should work...

teaming... should be bossidble... and healing ect should be possible, but not during PvP... how this should work i cant firgure out right now, since ime madly tired...

a add to the chip idea...

instead of haveing 1 chip u remove, u could have 2 chips...

1 for open PvP and 1 for normal state...

would make it easyer to add bonuses ect...

1 thing is surten tho... u should be no abel to cross team (omni/clan) when in open PvP state...
    (omni/neutral or clan/neutal) should be possible, but unlike normal, here the faction should be the more Powerfull and the team would still be omni or clan even with a neutral in it...

Maybe... just hit me... maybe healing/buffing a "100% PvP'er" when he/she was in a PvP fight, would make u turn open PvP aswell?

i kinda smell a potenetial exploit there tho...

think about it... c'ya tomorrow.

Originally posted by Cz
    Noted.

One exclamation mark in the topic is enough though.
    Got your attention.

Bumpage for my main man Stromm.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Re: Well

Originally posted by LittleTotem
    I believe for those who don't wanna pvp . They should be neutrals. Make them untouchable by another player untill they join a side or enter an arena. However , If they team with an omni or clan member they can be attacked as long as they are in team.
    This is something I always thought should be the case. If you are neutral the only place you should be able to attack/be attacked is in 0% gas. Also this should only apply to individuals not teams, so a neutral team can be attacked in 25% gas by clan or omni, but a neutral player can not be attacked or attack clan or omni in 25%

If you are clan omni you should always be able to attack/be attacked any other opposing player in 25%. You could further this out if you choose a "combatant" status for your player, in which case you could fight players in ANY gas, even 100% any other player of an opposing faction that has a "combatant" status. Neutrals could take this status too, and would be open to attack or be attacked by any other faction including their own. This would be a kind of outlaw status for a neutral, the total opposite from the "non-combatant" neutral.

Electing this status should be like going from neutral to clan/omni, an irrevocable decision. Once you become a combatant you must stay a combatant, or for at least the duration of the time it takes to execute a side change form at a given level. This way you can't build up a giant strike force of non-combatants, then all execute a combatant form at one time to get a strategic advantage in a zone. Also when you activate the form the status change should begin in some random period of time over 10 min for each player, so again timed status changes can't be coordinated.

Finally there needs to be a way of keeping non-combatants from assisting combatants, this can be done in 2 ways, first, non-combatants can not buff combatants that they are NOT teamed with. So a non-combatant doc can't heal a combatant soldier unless they are teamed. Two, if a combatant teams with a non-combatant the team's status is NON-COMBATANT. It would have to be this way to prevent all kinds of griefing, and cheese ball tactics. However, individual or teamed players of a combatant status will be able to assist each other, teamed or as individuals.

Nice thing about a system like this is it would really make good PVPers stand out. "Look there is Neophyte soandso, he's uber", replied to, "LOL, he's a non-combatant, he's just a zone camping loser, big title = good at zoning." How many Experienced/Neophytes hell even apprentices do you think you would see with a combatant status? Hehehe I'd like to see =] Having a combatant status and a title would mean something!
    Last edited by Real Kinky Ityn; Sep 14th, 2002 at 21:17:09.

Sounds wery resonable Ityn... thats how it should be!

reason why ur all on the WRONG page....its WAR...u dont stop and start it! wtf the matter with u?..

hold on.ill dig up the new Candyland mmorpog coming out soon..

..the url is here somewhere...

seriously, this is so easy..

level cap to 250

make pvp 75-200,201-250

all of RK is 25% cept inside a city or structure

take missions.....for the love of god scrap them

make campable mobs outside cities

must XP to gain lvls so u need to leave the cities

of course u say "well 200s will just kill the 75s trying to XP"

make outside mobs high lvl, like 200+ or something, keep statics for lower lvls til they are ready for a challenge

then its WAR...and a lil storyline in there also...maybe...if FC will let us...

crap, scrap this whole thread, we have the CoT storyline, nm, heres my 13.00 a month FC, thats all i need to keep me happy

Sarcasim at its finest *wink*
    -Rhalla OMNI Fixer RK2

Originally posted by Rhalla
    reason why ur all on the WRONG page....its WAR...u dont stop and start it! wtf the matter with u?..

hold on.ill dig up the new Candyland mmorpog coming out soon..

..the url is here somewhere...

seriously, this is so easy..

level cap to 250

make pvp 75-200,201-250

all of RK is 25% cept inside a city or structure

take missions.....for the love of god scrap them

make campable mobs outside cities

must XP to gain lvls so u need to leave the cities

of course u say "well 200s will just kill the 75s trying to XP"

make outside mobs high lvl, like 200+ or something, keep statics for lower lvls til they are ready for a challenge

then its WAR...and a lil storyline in there also...maybe...if FC will let us...

crap, scrap this whole thread, we have the CoT storyline, nm, heres my 13.00 a month FC, thats all i need to keep me happy

Sarcasim at its finest *wink*
    LOL.....

Reason why you are wrong... Only 10% of players PvP on a regular basis... so it's a waste of programmers time to make all RK 25% otherwise 90% of the players will quit and you can be left here to play by yourself...

The point of LittleTotem, Sarv's, and my posts in this thread is that their are different ways of playing... I have both a PvPer and a completely non-PvPing tradeskill char. If my tradeskill char were to be unable to leave the city because of ganking, I would certainly quit.

Instead it is more logical to add programming for those of you who think the way you do... I personally think that war does not equal everyone fighting... In fact in every war throughout history the CITIZENS rarely if ever take part. In modern history killing of citizens would get you put in jail or killed... so, if you want to be able to kill my tradeskill citizen, then I want your char to be terminated for breaking the Rules of War!

This is a roleplaying game, not a first person shooter, you have all types of players... and some like me with several types of chars. If you want an all and all killing spree, go play quake... if you want to be a part of a role playing game with a backdrop of war, then Anarchy Online is currently the best thing out there.

I think the funniest thing about your post is that you want missions scrapped (how will people get tokens), but you want statics missions added so that people who can't kill the level 200+ mobs outside your ideal city zones to do... basically you want to stick everyone in missions until they are incredibly high levels... This is a good indication that you only think about yourself in your post... you got to realize their are a lot of people with a lot of playstyles in this game.

hmmm think you may have missed the last sentance in that guys post.

To refine out my idea a bit more, something I thought of but forgot to note, if you take a combatant status your name needs to take on a different color so you are distinct. Red would be a good color, however, for this to work, pets would need to lose their colored names, or guess what color my pets name will be =]

Originally posted by Ityn
    hmmm think you may have missed the last sentance in that guys post.

To refine out my idea a bit more, something I thought of but forgot to note, if you take a combatant status your name needs to take on a different color so you are distinct. Red would be a good color, however, for this to work, pets would need to lose their colored names, or guess what color my pets name will be =]
    doh I need to read better.. hehe

Ok that just blew my top.

'2/3 of the players in database arent interested in pvp'

I don't care about this. This is not a friggin democracy here. AO promised it would be a war between omni-tek and clan, look at the intro do you see blue and pink bears running around killing people in mixed armor with organized names? No, i see war, i see much more than what is depicted in the game's actual foot-soldier dueling right now. If AO put it into this direction they better keep it in it or people will continue to leave. Another thing i notice about these carebears posting here is that barely any are above level 150, the levels where pvp is the only thing fun to do. My advice, level up more and see for your self. Maybe you will be one of these '1/3' people in pvp. Hell its even less now with all these zones becoming 75% so the newbies can hunt in them.

I never thought id see the day where game designers lacked the competence and the balls to set a storyline and do what they intended with it. Then let it be decided by the EQ refugees like it has been now. A world, 'hijacked' indeed.

The storyline is BS right now. I don't care about the dust brigade. Philip Ross, Radiman whoever the hell Joe Schmo I am not interested in sitting around a table arguing with people about rubi-ka politics like a lot of people are. I notice a lot of these 'hardcore RPers' don't even PvP. They stand around the CoT building until their computer crashes from the massive overload of wimps seeing whats going on, and shouting things they'll forget in a couple days. All the while these events go on, omnis are ganking clanners in the arena and these so-called 'spokesmen' do nothing but sit there and whine about their 'clan leadership' being stripped from them. Do i need to continue?

This is a PvP-root designed game, it is so clear. Look at the way skills work, debuffs work, none are so effective or useful on npcs. It's time we restored the meaning of this game back and knocked some sense into funcom with the priority we have to 'remind' them that this isn't a game you log on to for camping a mob for 18 hours and get your 'uber' piece of equipment.

I am interested in PvPing. I'm interested in fighting the war. I'm interested in having fun with my enemies, being able to play wits with them and kick back and have a laugh or two after, good sportsmanship. Making every zone 75% and then making PvP a monetary option is just inexcusable. Fine, release the booster pack with its intentions i don't care if it costs 15 bucks or 30. Just don't please these god damn carebears that are ruining Anarchy Online for the more hardcore gamers that make it up to the level where PvP is fun in AO. Adding this major PvM element to it is what will be the death of this game and already so many from the pvp community have left for neocron. Why should they have to. AO is about a war like i said, live up to that and set the sights on PvP. People will never enjoy gaining experience, only using the abilities available when acquiring that level, and usage of them in PvP is prominent and is what keeps me going to missions. Even if you made an outdoor hunting zone i would think the same. Fighting against mindless computer-controlled constant-spawning 'mobs' is becoming old. Mario jumped on turtles, Jimmy Patterson shot Nazis, Duke Nukem killed aliens. But none of them had a mind of their own, and a lasting appeal that multiplayer gaming can give you. The world of gaming is on a new shift now, so please...

GET
    WITH
    THE
    TIMES!!!!

P.S. And FFS people i'm not asking for 0% or 25% in cities or shops, im asking for more pvp zones...expansion of the game..And reworking hunting zones suppression
    Last edited by Stromm; Sep 17th, 2002 at 02:18:44.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Originally posted by Jynne
    Seeing as two-thirds of the playerbase polls as being wholly uninterested in PvP, and most of the rest poll as fighting PvM solely until they're high enough level to 'ownzor!' the others... FC would be slitting its own throat to make more 25% zones and/or broaden the PvP content at the expense of PvM play. They'd lose far more customers than they'd gain by 'balancing' the game for PvP.

Under ten percent of the posters who answered poll as playing solely or primarily for PvP, and PvPers are very likely a more active sector of the population on the boards than 'carebears.' In any online game where you advance your character and gain equipment through PvM, PvPers will be a minority weighted towards the top end of the advancement scale.

It's impossible to make PvP relatively fair and fun for everyone in AO. A level-based system where you can only gain significant exp and gear through the PvM grind ensures that. Changing the game so that PvP can interfere with PvM will simply stack the odds further in the favor of people who are already at or near the top of the level ladder.

It sounds like the people who want PvP anywhere at any time in a 'balanced' way would love Neocron. Myself, I haven't logged in the beta again after I got ganked by two very well-armed and higher-level characters at a zone line with my brand-new character while I was "synchronizing" with the server (ie, I had zone loading lag). Forgive me if that's not my idea of a good time, and don't tell me it wouldn't happen here on AO because we all know it already does. Given the chance, aka, given highly unrestricted nonconsensual PvP, the bad will drive out the good from any online gaming environment.
    Ok Jynne, how many people do you know have left because there isn't quality 300 bosses and 75% suppression everywhere you go?

How many people do you know have left because the high end game which is supposed to be pvp since leveling ends eventually is totally watered down to all hell? You probably don't know many because clearly reading your post it shows you know abseloutley nothing about PvP. But i can tell you i know a lot of people. Whole guilds. Best friends in AO. I've lost count.

FC will keep more customers if they make the pvp aspect more fun. There's a carebear game out there called EQ. It's got more people playing i admit, but from what i understand a carebear game is not what FC intended AO to be. Just look at the box. How often do you carebears interact with the opposite alignment in a combatative sense and no i'm not talking about calling the omni's 'opressors' or the clanners 'rebels' i'm talking about lodging a bullet in either one's skull.

It's also completely stupid that you think all of these people PvP because they want to 'ownzor!' other people. PVP is a challenge, pvm is not. It is a better taste to the game that more people are starting to enjoy and day by day EQ loses more customers because the gaming world's moved on now from shooting aliens and 'bopping' strange creatures for coins. I have also made more friends in PvP even ones from the opposite side than i ever have in mob fighting, or back when i used to play EQ, everyone used to dislike each other because one had another item they wanted. Hell, i also heard a kid even shot himself last year on thanksgiving because he lost his equipment in a game. Distgusting. Shawn Woolley ring any bells of yours? PvP is fun and is more welcoming of sportsmanship than PVM will ever be of friendship. What i saw in EQ? Self-centered snobby guilds shoving off others when they wanted to 'camp' something, calling people 'gimps' when they didnt have the same type of 1 week spawn-80-person-requirement MOB loot. I admit there are some people who pvp just to grief and like you said, 'ownzor!' people but this is a very small percentage.

You say not many people pvp. How long have you been in AO? before all the damage nerfs meetmedere and 2ho used to be PACKED. It was fun, there was actually things going on in the game and pvp was set. PvP was more talked about back then than what Tarasque drops is now. Speaking of Camelot, i wish theyd make that 0% suppression so i could alpha the crap out of all those ******* who sit in the box room waiting for loot to be handed over to them for doing nothing, and the people who come for mob loot rather than a PvP experience. For PvP to return to its former glory, improvements MUST be made. Also i might add, there is less people in AO than ever before. I doubt they all left because of 'PvM' crap. PvM is the most boring thing in the entire game, i knew people who were level 50 and left because missions bored the crap out of them, or even outdoor hunting since that was available to people that were less than level 100.

I'm not being snobby, i'm not being self-centered, im not saying my opinion is the best and yours is the worst, i'm saying AO is a pvp game and things like what you posted are what is bringing this game down.

Get to level 150+, and try enjoying gaining exp. You're in for a bumpy ride, my friend.

"Changing the game so that PvP can interfere with PvM will simply stack the odds further in the favor of people who are already at or near the top of the level ladder."

So you're saying level 180s-200s should continue to be forced to sit around and do nothing interesting. Very good point! *rolls eyes*

Where do carebears go? I will answer this question.

Clan cities (100%)
    Omni cities (100%)
    Broken Shores (100%)

Seriously...you get the missions from cities and go to broken shores to do them. I didn't say i wanted this suppression to be altered. This is all people go to and i dont see why they give a crap whether the zones in the rest of the world are lowered in suppression. That's the PvM aspect of the game and it allows you to get to level 200 so enough said, do not enhance the PvM aspect of the game. It's a lost cause. Everyone i talk to says the same. PvP is the only fun thing to do at higher levels when you have to do 9 team missions or more to get a level. So, PvP is what needs to be enhanced if these folks are somewhat enjoying the game through this but not enough to the point they leave the game. The fact that people are doing this for that reason for 'real pvp games like neocron' is yet another scar on funcom's reputation, as a game developing company. Economics my rear, Jynne.

And for your info, the PvP worlds are different at all levels. People who pvp aren't just level 200s or 180 on. I'm level 158 and i can tell you pvp is much more fun. People below 100 who stay below the level 75 free for all bracket say pvp beats the hell out of hunting in missions. They're correct. So, if pvp is fun for people all levels, make it fun for all professions and enhance it so people on a whole will be able to log on and simply, 'JUST' pvp the night away instead of seeing no one in 2ho to pvp with because of this or that whine and forcing themselves to go gain a level or two.

And Hogoff, that thread you posted, saying pvp enhancements cause 'whines' like that thread. so what. Just proves my point further things need to be enhanced so there's balance. But there's always gonna be folks who whine just so their profession can be the top of the world. That's why funcom needs to keep their two eyes on the ball and pay more attention to what is fair, what is unfair, what is fun, and what isn't fun. I've seen EQ folks post things about it being unfair that theyve gone to 20 raids on a mob that spawns once every week that they lost a roll on good loot.

"Under ten percent of the posters who answered poll as playing solely or primarily for PvP, and PvPers are very likely a more active sector of the population on the boards than 'carebears"

Considering you have proven to me you are clueless about how the pvp system is run, your claim of 'pvpers are more common on the board' is TOTALLY invalidated. I see soldiers everywhere in AO. Yet they have practically no board posters, and they are one of the most underpowered pvp professions. That doesn't mean theres 'no soldiers in ao.'

I have pvped with enough people to tell you that a very large percentage of them don't post on the boards. I don't know where you pulled this assumption that all pvp'ers post on the forums every day but wherever you got it put it back.
    Last edited by Stromm; Sep 17th, 2002 at 20:44:12.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Well

Originally posted by Demono

I completely agree...... those who take the risk should be able to get a bonus... If you make the PvP item something like an implant, then you just stack some mods on it! +10% xp, +10 attack rating, +10 defense rating, +1 crit, +100 hp, +100 nano... mods or no mods, I'd love to see it... almost like the combo of having an xtra xp ring and globe of clarity all rolled into one! The only catch is that I wouldn't want to see it add to anything that is used to equip items, else it would be abuse by people that go PvP for a few seconds to equip a new item.

when I was just a little noob, I remember seeing someone in the arena attacking and hitting for 100+ damage and I thought they were a god! I think it was crazypostman... That was really impressionable on me and made me want to try PvP.... I think having invasions into areas where new players are running around would help infuse PvP a little too.
    Red names? lmao. The Tome of Discord was for EQ, let it stay there.

Seeing as two-thirds of the playerbase polls as being wholly uninterested in PvP, and most of the rest poll as fighting PvM solely until they're high enough level to 'ownzor!' the others... FC would be slitting its own throat to make more 25% zones and/or broaden the PvP content at the expense of PvM play. They'd lose far more customers than they'd gain by 'balancing' the game for PvP.
    Considering your level, I won't rip you too badly. But I honestly don't think you're right when you think a small percentage only is interested in pvp. Players in a game are like a pyramid. Less and less the higher you go. Game play changes etc. I would give you my right kidney if the majority of 162+ players didn't care about pvp. That's how sure I am that this is not true. Seeing as I'm untitled on every character I've played, and only participate in the random 2ho battle, I don't think I'm saying this from a rabid pvper's pov. It seems like many players are against pvp, but many of those players are (in an extreme example) under level 100 after playing since release. I'm sorry if their opinions don't hold much weight imho.

In ANY game, the lower level populace is generally against pvp. Now as cruel as it may sound, their opinions really hold very little weight. We play a game to get to 200. (regardless if we want to or not.) High level game is where the attention SHOULD be focused. It gives everyone something to strive for so they can DO things.

Like Stromm, I find the direction of this game disheartening. I can not imagine how people find killing mobs outdoors any more fun then indoors. Or find killing mobs fun period. :P

The world SHOULD be a dangerous place. Right now it isn't. I've walked, yes walked, great lengths across Rubi Ka. With a friend, nothing scared us. And not once did we encounter another player that might attempt to attack us. Is this fun? You don't need an online game to do that. Perhaps AO should make AO Offline so those who find enjoyment doing such things can do it on their own time shut off from the rest of the world.

Pvp has very little to do with ownzer joo. Ok, it does have to do with that a bit. But the underlying reason why many participate is because mobs do not hold the challenge a player does. We get boss mobs that have 9 zillion hp to make them 'challenging'. All it does is make us go afk and take a shower while we wail on them for half an hour. (Have actually done this.) Yet I've actually had team mates think it was 'fun' and 'challenging'. I admit I am stumped at this.

Doh, just read Stromm's post. He's right. I don't like agreeing with him, but he is. :P Carebears will continue to claim that most people don't want to pvp. Believe it if you will, but as has been said, most pvp oriented people don't bother talking to you through forums or chat or any means. I will say once again that I don't think you have a clue as to how many people are interested in pvp. *shrug*

And yes. So many profs have a bunch of useless nanos for pvm. They were designed with pvp in mind. To say AO wasn't suppose to be pvp is...dumb?

Like Stromm, I find most 'rpers' laughable. I realize I speak with no experience, but I mainly see them holding parties. Because...we're at war and everyone wants to relax? I'll give them the benifit of the doubt I suppose. Now just let the rest of us go to war.

My very few pvp suggestions. Forgive me if they've been said nteenth times already.

Omni should see all clan players the same they see clan npcs. If I was to run across Stromm, I shouldn't see 'Stromm'. I should see 'Veteran Clan Embezzler' or something. Why in the world would i know the name of some clanner? This would make the two sides less personal, and allow for better pvp.

Omni/Clan should NOT be able to team at all. Agents would then have something useful in their ability to switch sides. This would also widen the gap between omni/clan, allowing better pvp.

Omni entering Tir should be treated like a neutral entering Camelot. Maybe I can't tab all you grey clanners and press q, but you clanners should sure as hell be able to tab me and gank my butt.

The whole world should be 25% or less. People talk about ganking and danger. Do you realize how large this planet is? Do you really think there is going to be someone ganking you on every spot of the map?

Change the pvp brackets. This is a must if pvp is to be expanded in this game. It's just laughable that I can hit a level 75 clanner. Some low level fixer area burst me once. I had auto attack player on and killed it before I knew what had happened. How pathetic is that?

GM mediated battles. This does not mean GMs become unkillable death dealing npcs and go around obliterating everyone. This means GMs coordinate a team of high level omni for example and bring them to Tir and drop the gas, allowing the omni to fight another GM coordinated clan resistence. Again, I will repeat, this does not mean the damn GM needs to become an npc and take a direct hand in affairs. Learn how to mediate please.

Anyways, a big bump to anything that improves the pvp experience in AO.

Given the chance, aka, given highly unrestricted nonconsensual PvP, the bad will drive out the good from any online gaming environment.
    Exactly.

unrestricted PvP = ganking

ganking = d00dz

d00dz = crap community

Don't get me wrong- PvP should be more a part of everyday life in this game. The example above of Tir being PvP free for Clanners, but nobody else can attack... that would be nice.

But unrestricted PvP just sucks.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

"I don't like agreeing with him, but he is"

Why's that? :P

"Exactly.

unrestricted PvP = ganking

ganking = d00dz

d00dz = crap community

Don't get me wrong- PvP should be more a part of everyday life in this game. The example above of Tir being PvP free for Clanners, but nobody else can attack... that would be nice.

But unrestricted PvP just sucks."

LOL - Another misuse of the term 'ganking.'

Ganking = Attacking a player in a neutral environment such as the arena WHILE someone is dueling or without their consent.

Your defintion reminds me of the level 75s who come into 2ho and expect not to be killed by me because they're 'missioning.' Gotta love these little heart-stomached carebears who call everyone who fires a bullet in their direction a 'ganker.'

IF YOU ARE:

Not 150+...
    Not experienced in PvP and/or not a hardcore pvp'er...

Then do not bother voicing your opinion here. I expect people to know what theyre talking about before posting rather than just thinking pvp is a 'pen and paper' ideology and environment and saying what they hear.

'The bad drives out the good?' How about these folks in EQ with every rare item in the game rubbing it in people's faces? Another reason why people leave EQ. People need to take a good look in the mirror nowadays. If you play a multiplayer game, expect *******s in it.

AND FYI to another poster above. 'This is not a first person shooter.' Who gives a crap? That is SO irrelevant. What seperates AO pvp from quake gaming is that AO has a more complex combat system. In its current state, barely, but yes, more complex than quake. Thats the whole point of this post, to improve pvp and show that carebears who want to only fight mobs and collect rare items are RUINING this game.
    Last edited by Stromm; Sep 18th, 2002 at 05:10:51.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast