Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Traders and PvP

Lohem, Taking away the Debuff affect really STILL lower's their usefullness to solo in pvp. Yes they do rely on getting their skills up but also Disactivate the Opponent Making a small shutdown on him. But still being able to fight. NSD is ALOT worse in pvp when it comes to NT's for example. =) That totally stuns us. =p

Nah Still can just take the effect away in pvp.. Have to still be solved in another way.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

also =p i was running out and in from the bunker yesterday in 2h0. Out of 18 deprives (both lines) about 3 got stuck when i had Max Defend.

hehe damnit if grace would have worked like it's supposed to i would have survived my way out there to. ;p
    ---

I actually have exactly the same NR setup then Dodgeman, and have same amount of NR then he does.

Firstly, you yourself don't see when you counter them for some reason. So when a trader tested them on me, he had to tell how many times he tried and how many times I resisted.

The fact is that Divest, sticked everytime and never took 18+ tries like suggested in some of the threads. It was more like 3rd to 5th try.

The second fact is that as a trader you only have to get that Divest to stick once to win your battle. And with very high nano resist it and on full defence it will stick after few tries.

I can assure that it has been tested a lot, and it doesn't work in a way traders here would like to think. However, the thing is that traders are profession that doesn't need it, you can remain full aggro when fighting 9 other professions, perhaps against MPs and Docs you might need a little Nano Resist, but its stilll 50/50 chance.

If someone resisted your Divest for 18 times, it was more of a luck then factual result...because I have never ever resisted it mroe times then 6. And we did test it for a long hours.
    Last edited by North; Sep 15th, 2002 at 17:32:42.

Cocio, you have a lot experience in PvP without a question, but there is no reason why you should undermine everything that Lohem says. I know many people here have respect on your skills etc, but does that mean that you have to act like 12 years old? Basing every argument on your own superiority, I agree that Lohem in some of his comments should be more careful as well, but he makes the point and leaves it open for discussion. You try to stop that discussion from happening instead of contributing to it. Personal attacks won't get you anywhere.

The fact is that these things can be tested on arena, you don't have to be on 25% zone to do the testing. The game functions the same way in each place...

You take away your personal skills, your experience in PvP and create a two empty templetes: trader and soldier. This way you can see that the soldier should never stand a chance against a trader. Instead of doing this, you are trying to justify your existence becuase you have almost be beated by a very experienced soldier or some other class: This comes down to personal skills and experience/ or chance and luck...not in game balance or dynamics.

This is a computer game. We have a balance problem. You don't need to be a guru in PvP to see this problem. However, you do have to understand how this game functions, once you got that you can see the problem. The best soldier does not always make the best strategist.
    Last edited by North; Sep 15th, 2002 at 17:39:52.

North,

Thanks. All I want is an open discussion like I said. And also as you pointed out, for every trader this is a non-issue.

I gave a suggestion which would benifit the 11 other professions giving them a chance AND would also benifit the Trader in PvM as well as still giving him the advantage with the superior attack rating in PvP.

It is on post number one and about 5 other times thoughout this thread.... but not one Trader has had the guts to comment on it....

How about something like "Well, that's not a total nerf,... what do you think about this idea.....", "Maybe we can come up with something half way...." NOTHING, just flames and shutdowns.

Of coarse your good in PvP Cocio, your a trader, don't confuse that with Skill. I'm sorry for that, but i'm tired of sitting here getting flamed by every trader that comes here instead of intelligent feedback about suggestions. I played a trader to 74 (no thats not level 175+ so don't even bring it up again please). It doesn't take a lot of skill to drain someone two times and root/crit them till they die, because they can't heal themself and can't hit you.

[sarcasm] I'm sure you feel like that's enough of a challange for you in PvP though. If you get two drains off I guess you deserve to win. [/sarcasm]

Lohem,

I do use nano drains and health plunders in PvP. Since the last NR change, I'm usually around 30-40% of my nanopool (I have 4.5k max nano) after I get drains running. If the fight is going to last any time at all, I start kicking out nano drains in between each shot (they stack, interestingly enough). Sometime I'd like to try the AC drains out, but I haven't had the IP resources to raise MC past the 337 I need to team grid.

The changes you suggest are interesting, but leave me with a couple concerns:

First, everything a trader does is based on three minute exchanges. I see this time period as being the primary struggle in playing our profession well. I think you'll find common among traders that this is a difficult juggling act to perform and the challenge of doing it is what makes the profession exciting to play. Extending the time period of the benefits of this line would disrupt this balance. A similar type of juggling act is done by crats in maintaining their two lines of charms (and this is why I recently started playing a crat alt).

Second, to take away the negative effect on our opponents in PvP would have the effect of turning us into soldiers with a couple minor toys to play with instead of TMS. This would put us in the category of soldiers in PvP (and I think soldiers currently need a boost). I don't want to be a soldier -- it's not the profession I chose. In PvP, I want to run around rooting and draining people and being an all-around nuisance (take this lightly, please).

As an alternative, instead of changing the playstyle of our profession, I could definitely see (and support) a reduction in the effectiveness of our drains in PvP. I believe Abid brought this up in a thread on the trader forum, and I think it would be a good solution (halving the negative effects on other players). Yes, we would still be strong in PvP, but it wouldn't be to the magnitude that it is now where we are essentially knocking 70+ levels off of you once we've managed to get both drains running.

I must add in here... where do you stand on Nano Shutdown? Opposed to hitting all of your skills by a certain amount, it completely removes nano casting ability. And with MPs having some incredible damage output when they so desire, this makes them pretty much unbeatable to most professions as well. As a trader, I would rather be divested and plundered than to have NS on me. Soldiers are one of the few professions that aren't so horribly affected by nano shutdown, but I'd be interested in your thoughts on this.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

yeah.

Well if Lohem gets his way and i can no longer pvp with drains then Infamousduck = Deleted and even though im looking forward to shadowlands It wont be worth my time to reroll a soldier so i can dominate pvp until some other profession gripes and I get nerfed again. I didnt spend 35 days of my life to get nerfed and for this game to be totally ruined for me.

Arrow

Traders = let us reroll

Appease the mongers like you take off a band-aid, nice and fast. There no well in hell they want to stop at pvp either.

Its torture when it comes off real slow and rips the hairs off your arm one by one.

At least with a reroll we get to keep our little arm hairs and still have a nifty scar. Its a biiiiig one...Duct-Tape™ brand too
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Originally posted by Lohem
    North,

Thanks. All I want is an open discussion like I said. And also as you pointed out, for every trader this is a non-issue.

I gave a suggestion which would benifit the 11 other professions giving them a chance AND would also benifit the Trader in PvM as well as still giving him the advantage with the superior attack rating in PvP.

It is on post number one and about 5 other times thoughout this thread.... but not one Trader has had the guts to comment on it....

How about something like "Well, that's not a total nerf,... what do you think about this idea.....", "Maybe we can come up with something half way...." NOTHING, just flames and shutdowns.

Of coarse your good in PvP Cocio, your a trader, don't confuse that with Skill. I'm sorry for that, but i'm tired of sitting here getting flamed by every trader that comes here instead of intelligent feedback about suggestions. I played a trader to 74 (no thats not level 175+ so don't even bring it up again please). It doesn't take a lot of skill to drain someone two times and root/crit them till they die, because they can't heal themself and can't hit you.

[sarcasm] I'm sure you feel like that's enough of a challange for you in PvP though. If you get two drains off I guess you deserve to win. [/sarcasm]
    1: It is not an open discussion. It is u trying to get as many people as possible to join ur bandwagon for a Trader nerf.

2: If it where discussions about owerpowered stuff in PvP, why not bring up the fact that EoT wielding Enforcer pretty much kick anyones ass?

3: Lohem ur experience with the Trader profession is worth as much as the stuff my cat drops in the lil box in my toilet.
    75- PvP DOES NOT = HIGH LVL PVP.

4: "Of coarse your good in PvP Cocio, your a trader, don't confuse that with Skill" When u lvl a Trader to lvl 200 and do as good as i have done in PvP then ill consider moving ur opinion from the litter box to garbage can.

5: "Professional" = The people that handle theese things. Try sending a e-mail to developers also work. If u dont feel that works then try sending Feedback to funcom.

6: U posting over and over and over again about nerf of a profession only shows that ur just another one that got beat by someone and now u want em nerfed.

Now Lohem instead of trying to continue with ur lil bandwagon go send ur feedback to Funcom.

And for all the people that flame me for flaming Lohem, tss tss.
    Lohem has absolutely no idea how it is to pvp in this game. If he did he wouldnt be here whining he would be out there shooting people like the rest of us that actually do PvP in this game. Most of us go out there, shoot people, then stfu and dont whine.
    Im sick and tired of nubies coming to boards after getting killed in PvP then crying for nerfs. Because more nubies join in. Most often nubies that dont PvP.

Alot of people complain about shiz they never take part of. Stop with that ffs.
    weeeeee

200 soldier talking, leave the traders alone if you cant kill them i suggest you go play something else maybe Doom2 or Mario with cheat codes so ull be in /god mode.
    If u wonder ask Abid why he back the hell off when he gets alphaed, or even infamousduck i recall him diein in front of the bunker when he zoned in/out in a nice alpha...
    traders are just fine atm leave them alone.
    Infamine 200 soljah

I'm done...

Cocio, You don't know me at all. I don't know who you are that you think it's ok to talk crap about people and you think you are so uber. I've been nothing put polite during this whole issue yet you continue to bomb me with flames and attitute.

EoT : How many enforcer have it?

Originally Posted by Cocio
    And for all the people that flame me for flaming Lohem, tss tss.
    Lohem has absolutely no idea how it is to pvp in this game. If he did he wouldnt be here whining he would be out there shooting people like the rest of us that actually do PvP in this game. Most of us go out there, shoot people, then stfu and dont whine.
    Im sick and tired of nubies coming to boards after getting killed in PvP then crying for nerfs.
    You, my dear, have the biggest head out of anyone I have ever seen before in my life!!!! You think because you don't see someone PvP that they don't PvP... because YES, your the queen of PvP and of coarse you would know.

I've had nearly 20 different characters (toons) on AO since July of last year and I have PvPed with ALL of them.. every SINGLE one.... you know ablsoltely nothing about me at all.

Because you didn't see Lohem PvPing til about level 150? you assume I don't know anything about PvP. Is it because that anyone that can root or heal can beat a soldier til that level or so ? which is damn near every other profession ? Why would I pvp with Lohem ? I've had NTs, MPs, Traders, Advents, MAs, Fixers, Doctors.. multiples of each and I"ve Pvped with EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

You are not ALL knowing, so why don't you STFU about me, I am tired of your stupid comments. If you don't want to comment about the subject because there is nothing you can say then it makes you feel better to say something about me... but you don't even know what your talking about.

You leveled a trader to 200.... "wooopiety dooooo" If I spent everday on one toon I'd be 200 a long time ago too.......

give your self a cookie and stfu.

I'm done with this issue...... someone else can take up the issue if they want and I will glady comment on it.

Laterz

Lohem wont get his way... =/ The offers he gives are totally Overpowered or Totally useless.. =/ wait till 14.5 i say Lohem when soldiers get some guns =p
    ---

Just nerf docs and traders, and PvP will be ALOT more balanced.
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

Oh btw.

Originally posted by Lohem

AGAINST:
    Doctor vs. Soldier = Doctor
    Crat vs. Soldier = Soldier
    Engie non Transference vs. Soldier = Soldier
    Engie MA/Transference vs. Soldier = Engie
    Fixer vs. Soldier = Even
    Trader vs. Soldier = Trader
    Soldier vs Soldier = Even
    Enforcer vs. Soldier = Enforcer
    Agent vs. Soldier = Even
    Meta High Level vs Soldier = Meta
    Meta Low Level vs Soldier = Soldier
    Nano Tech vs. Solder = Nano Tech
    Advent vs. Soldier = Advent
    Martial Artist vs. Soldier = MA

This list is too funny, perhaps you should go practice some.

/me grabs another cookie.

Angry

Why in the **** does everyone keep posting drians do -450 to skills it doesn't you ****ing noobs.

plunder adv -211 to target +178 to caster

divest adv -204 to target +170 to caster

ok lets do the math, I'm amazed you math challenged people even play ao considering the fact you can't even add up 2 nanos.

+204
    =415

Stop posting a trader can drain 450!

I think until you even know what our nanos even do you shouldn't be able to create trader nerf threads considering you don't have any clue as to what your talking about.
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

I have a proposal. Pick any class at all, lets even say soldier.
    U create a Trader on Test, i create a Soldier.
    We get boosted to lvl 200.
    Get the equipment we need.
    Then have a duel.
    Me = Soldier.
    You = Trader.

If u say Traders are so powerful and all u need to do is cast 2 drains then lets go.
    Ill teach u how to play a solja.
    And ill kick ur Trader butt on Test if u wish.
    U can even pick crat if u wish.
    Take any proffession u want and ill bet that i can kill u as a Trader.
    Im not kidding about this. If u wish to take me up on this challenge ill do it. Ill level the needed levels on Test to get boosts etc.

::Edit::
    Ya ill even take that challenge playing NT. I promise i wont be in the loosing end.
    Last edited by Coc^-^; Sep 16th, 2002 at 15:06:57.
    weeeeee

Originally posted by Coc^-^
    I have a proposal. Pick any class at all, lets even say soldier.
    U create a Trader on Test, i create a Soldier.
    We get boosted to lvl 200.
    Get the equipment we need.
    Then have a duel.
    Me = Soldier.
    You = Trader.

If u say Traders are so powerful and all u need to do is cast 2 drains then lets go.
    Ill teach u how to play a solja.
    And ill kick ur Trader butt on Test if u wish.
    U can even pick crat if u wish.
    Take any proffession u want and ill bet that i can kill u as a Trader.
    Im not kidding about this. If u wish to take me up on this challenge ill do it. Ill level the needed levels on Test to get boosts etc.

::Edit::
    Ya ill even take that challenge playing NT. I promise i wont be in the loosing end.
    Skicka ett tell för fasen och lär mig :P.

yeah

Originally posted by Infamine
    200 soldier talking, leave the traders alone if you cant kill them i suggest you go play something else maybe Doom2 or Mario with cheat codes so ull be in /god mode.
    If u wonder ask Abid why he back the hell off when he gets alphaed, or even infamousduck i recall him diein in front of the bunker when he zoned in/out in a nice alpha...
    traders are just fine atm leave them alone.
    Glad a soldier finally stepped in to point out this issue. In my last 10 death's in 2ho, 8 or 9 of them are from soldiers. I was almost to novice, and now im halfway through Rookie because I die so much. You dont know what its like to be the most hunted breed in the game. You get a big advantage over Traders in 2ho type of places, in such that you dont get attacked.

Originally posted by saveyourbutt

they are, learn the game
    ahahahhaahahahahahaha*gasp*

way to show you have no clue.
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast