I would like to start a discussion on the Rubikaen economy and free market.

It should be very interesting to see the difference between RK1 and RK2 when looking at the price of items and the going rate for services.

I assume that NPC shops in both dimensions have the same price for the same items, weather it be wepons, armor, nanos, whatever. My real question comes from the free market or in other words the Shopping Channel. Are products in RK1 more expensive because the money supply is greater? It stands to reason that the Money supply is set at a fixed amount by funcom, because if it wasent then everything eventually would cost a zillion creds. That is called inflation...i think So if funcom has some kind of economic functions in the two dimensions then what about having some kind of stock market? There could be stock terminal next to the bank and reclaim terminals where you could buy stocks in Guilds or Equipment or Brontos...or whatever. Maybe these stocks could pay divedends based on what the price of the equipment was or based on how much money the guild has.

I think that would add a whole other dimension to the game.

Does anyone know of a website that tracks the prices of items and equipment between the two dimensions?

And maybe funcom can introduce certain economic factors based on the problems between the clans and Omni. Maybe prices would go really high in certain zones because of the fact that they are political or maybe because there was a terrible event in the past few days.

The other day I recieved a message from the Broadcast channel that said something about "We are having problems with the supression gas in certain areas..." I think another factor that could be included was the price of items.

What do you think? If there are any real economists out there lets hear about your professional opinions