Thread: Freelance: Mistaken Arrest Attributed To Paperwork Error

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: Mistaken Arrest Attributed To Paperwork Error

Mistaken Arrest Attributed To Paperwork Error
    October 28, 29481 - Ferrell [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - After a week of interrogation and incarceration, Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich is set free by Omni-Pol. "It was a case of mistaken identity", said Detective Spassky Morgan, of the Omni-Pol Vice Squad. "A mistake in the paperwork caused us to arrest the wrong man."

The error was the omission of an accent in the paperwork filled out on the warrant for the notorious gangster and crime lord Alexsandr "Nadáb" Harkonnen. The removal of the diacritical mark on the second "a" of his callsign caused the credit transaction database to report the location of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich, who was buying a Double Bronto Cheese at the time of the report. The bewildered Mr. Stefanovich was cuffed and arrested in record time by a nearby Omni-Pol patrol.

When interviewed upon release, Alexsi Stefanovich said, "I have no knowledge of this other "Nadab". We are not the same person... I don't even look like him, other than the fact that we are both Opifex... He was short, I'm tall.... he was slender, I am fa.... er..um... out of shape. He had black tattoos on his face, mine are red... I am sure that the officers of Omni-Pol are aware of the differences and hunting the appropriate suspect."

Alexsandr "Nadáb" Harkonnen is still at large, after the dissolving of Harkonnen Exports.

On a personal note, this reporter apologizes for the reporting of the Harkonnen Exports incident in regards to the name of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich. The reputation of an upstanding Omni citizen was sullied by the omission of an accent mark, and the Freelance newswire will be backdating a correction on the official record.

Did a fly get caught in the mainframe over at Omni-Pol Vice or does the wheels at Omni-Reform WRP turn too slowly?

how ironic that the main image of bureaucracy and paperwork messes up so much
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

The most shocking thing about this is that Omni-Pol actually managed to arrest someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

mwah.... no comment really
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.