Thread: Freelance: Phasefront Hoverboards Become Teen Nuisance

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: Phasefront Hoverboards Become Teen Nuisance

Phasefront Hoverboards Become Teen Nuisance
    October 28, 29481 - Eugene [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - The citizens of Rome are used to a hectic, but peaceful life. The city is guarded by the watchful Omni-Pol, protected by the elite Omni-AF, and has within it's walls the might of the Unicorns. These forces defend against Clan and alien invaders daily.

But the citizens of Rome have found their security forces cannot deal with the latest disturbance. With Phasefront's release of relatively easy-to-gain hoverboards, teenagers have evolved into a culture history describes as "skate culture", most notable in the late 20th and early 21st centuries. These teens are using the hoverboards to mount and slide along objects, jump off heights and terrorize pedestrians.

Omni-Pol's Head of Underage Crime, Sergeant Connie Marlon, had the following to say.

"Omni-Pol's jurisdiction over civil disturbances is quite clear. However, the children are not technically committing a crime and can only be cautioned by Officers at this time. We are reviewing the law to carefully determine whether stronger action is merited, and we fully agree that these activites cause chaos and disrupt the lives of many in Rome."

Residents are questioning whether parents are raising these children with proper methods, and proper oversight. Some even suggest Omni-Reform should be called in to ensure the children lead productive lives, or indeed, to help the parents of these children find better parenting styles.

Whatever the method, the authorities must rid Rome of this menace, and soon!

muahahah down with omni-pol

*grins*

Well I can't say this is unexpected.

*Goes out to start training teenagers on evasive maneuvers*

(Get the boards and bikes banned)
    Last edited by Jenshai; Nov 6th, 2007 at 14:08:14.

Since there are numerous signs stating "No Running," one can logically assume that a speed faster than that which can be attained through walking should be prohibited in residential areas.

Yalmahas excepted, provided they continue to fly overhead.
    Nezhinau 220/23 Engineer
    Building QL 300 Mutated AI Crabs Omnified with 5 gems!
    Also: 220 MA, 220 Crat, 167 Fixer, 155 MP, Dr. Toot

I suggest building a large skate park for these youngsters. With lots of ramps and jumps for them to do tricks on. This way they could enjoy themselves and the rest of us could have the streets back.

Since the teenage years are vital in the formation of adult values and traits, these children should be in lessons, doing voluntary work or other productive things. They are the future of society and I see no reason why they should have any time for this nonsense. Have some responsiblity, and Omni-Pol should do more, in conjunction with Omni-Reform, since this is clearly a problem for the future.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Quote Originally Posted by Dasubervixen View Post
    I suggest building a large skate park for these youngsters. With lots of ramps and jumps for them to do tricks on. This way they could enjoy themselves and the rest of us could have the streets back.
    A skate park would be a great idea. A legal place where the hoverboarders can have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillian View Post
    Since the teenage years are vital in the formation of adult values and traits, these children should be in lessons, doing voluntary work or other productive things. They are the future of society and I see no reason why they should have any time for this nonsense. Have some responsiblity, and Omni-Pol should do more, in conjunction with Omni-Reform, since this is clearly a problem for the future.
    Teenagers should not waste their entire youth in lessons and working. They will quickly become overwhelmed.

Rubbish, Omni-Tek has the finest support system for its citizens in the known universe. We give these students all the support they need to be successful within our great company. I am on record as disagreeing with many OT policies and news, but this is not something I question or believe is inadequate. Becoming overwhelmed is not possible.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||