Thread: Was Valoren and Steffani's issue resolved?

Was Valoren and Steffani's issue resolved?

Account status: Open until 2002-10-02. Subscription is cancelled
    Account status: Open until 2002-10-11. Subscription is cancelled

Does that answer your question?

I give up. Hopeless cause.

The issue is considered case closed.

It was stated that funcom will not accept this issue posted on the bulletin board any more, so i can not elaborate further.

This post may get deleted just for saying that... But it's the truth.

Goodluck to everyone. To my friends that still find reason to play, I wish you best =)

I will probably end up in AC2 and SWG, I know Neocron is another option, but I don't think their CS dept will be any better than AO's, after reading their forums, I actually read it's ceo laughing about a customers issue. unprofessional at the least. And if you read their forums, there is a lot of profanity. Just not my atmosphere.

Val

Not pleased on Customer Support.

Well FC has a lot to learn about customer support.. Any respectable company would apologies and try to get a solution on the customer's behalf. Like for instance take a away the warning.. maybe a warning is not that bad.. but it leads to suspension. I can understand if the warnings was legitimate, and I would accept it. But this was not the case.

What does it cost for FC to apologies and take a warning out? They rather loose all my accounts.. Valoren Accounts.. most of TC's accounts. and time wasted spent on replying emails and moderating forums on this issue. Costing a lot more than just fixing the solution at $0.00 cost. Sometime I don't get it. Do they have too much pride to suck up their wrong and move on?

First Email reply.

You have no warnings on your account from this case, so you're clean there.

You are absolutely free to compete for any spawn, whether it gives
    good XP, drops valuable loot, or not.

Second Email reply

I have talked with The ARK Manager and the Director of Customer
    Services, and we agreed that you are free to compete about the spawn on any creature. The whole situation seems to have been an honest mistake and a misunderstanding from the ARK.

Third Email reply

You have already explained it. Not sure what part you think I didn't get. As I said, I have talked with the people in charge, and it was a mistake by the ARK. We won't force them to make a public apology due to that, as that would be overdoing it by far.

And you did not get a warning on your account for that

Final Email reply

I have had a chat with the ARKs and the GM, and gotten more
    information about the case. I support their desicion fully, and
    suggest you easen up on your attitude a bit.

There was no mistake in warning you, and as far as I can understand from what you and others tell me, you even got a friend into trouble with your actions.

Regards,

Thomas 'Cz' Johnsen
    Funcom Community Team

As far as I can see.. there is no consistancy on all the email replys.

Account status: Open until 2002-09-18. Subscription is cancelled
    Account status: Open until 2002-09-22. Subscription is cancelled
    Account status: Open until 2002-10-08. Subscription is cancelled

Soo..did Steffani get warnings or not?

I'm lost
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

yes still have 2 warnings

Yes I still have 2 warnings... GM karmakappa got mad at me (customer).. so he made up some excuse to warn me.. his reason: "Lied to him for getting loot for my alt" LOL

Re: Was Valoren and Steffani's issue resolved?

Originally posted by Valoren
    It was stated that funcom will not accept this issue posted on the bulletin board any more, so i can not elaborate further.

This post may get deleted just for saying that... But it's the truth.
    No, I won't delete it because of that. I will however explain why I didn't want it on the bulletin board.

This is a public forum. Everybody can read it. I have no possibility to discuss any account issues, or argue our side of the case when an issue is brought up here. That is for both ethical and legal reasons.

Thus, when issues are brought up here, I have two choices; To let players post whatever they please, and speculate based on that, or to take the issue off the bulletin board and try solve it in private.

On this bulletin board I prefer the second option. I hope people can respect that. And - even though that is not the main reason, account issues are simply off topic on this bulletin board.

To Steffani, your post is a perfect example of what I just explained. While I won't go into any discussion with you on this issue here on the bulletin board, I think it is obvious that you are not posting the entire e-mails, nor are you showing any of the e-mails you sent to me.

You do not have two warnings. My last e-mail was in regards to the warning from the GM only.

They are poor CS reps, plain and simple. I have dealt with these things in the past. It's not justice nor is it fair, I have known gms to lie to further their own ends, because who would believe the player? It's disgusting to say the least, and a mistake that will cause them several customers, I am awaiting my account to run out as well, perhaps I'll play the public beta of ac2 since sb was pushed back. In my opinion, funcom has a reverse success syndrome. now what this is is a condition where they feel they will prosper and profit from treating their paying customers like garbage, and also they get an orgasmic pleasure by teetering on the point of bankruptcy. what happened to the gms who respected players? like Jdaug, hmm well he left didn't he? I wonder why?

This case has come to a horrific conclusion if you ask me, but it seems funcom doesn't care, and if they think for one moment that after seeing the fiasco that has been anarchy online, they'll get any customers in the future, they are sadly mistaken.
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."

I dont know either side of the story . I do not even know either people . I do know ( from what i have seen ) That Cz seems to be trying to help while you keep shooting urself in the foot .

Was your issue solved ? did it realy matter ? you would have cancealed your account regardless . It is a shame to loss people and have them quit over things like this , But in the end there is nothing anyone can say to you to change your mind . You are going to do what you are going to do .

In That context , I want you to step back from everything and look at this as a whole . It is Fun to be with friends you made inside the game . I personaly feel that the closeness that you get in your respective guilds / circle of friends is what truely makes this game . With out them would you have done anything else ? would you have stayed ? But in the end it is only a Game . Something you can switch off . I do not take the l00t and the "uber rare " items serious . I am not here in this game to collect everything i can get and sell it for enourmous amounts of ingame credits . I am here because the people i play alongside make it fun . Everything else is just a bonus .

Step back for another moment . Breathe . Relax . Enjoy some fresh air . Let the worrys of the game fade from your mind .

When all is said and done the true problem that you both seem to have is that warnings were issued to your accounts . I can see why that would be upsetting . But you did go the wrong way with getting it solved . That part of the argument should never have reached the forum . It should have stayed between you and funcom . I hope in the future you can distingush between what you should say in public and what you shouldnt .

Shizara : I disagree . I disagree because i ( at one time ) knew these same GM's . These People Would go out of their way to help others ingame AND out of game . I do not think they were going out of their way for their own personal ends . Poor CS reps ? maybe , maybe not .... could you do any better ?

Im done for the night . This post more then not will look like a huge rambling non-sense when i wake up in the morning but hey , thats life and the universe as we see it .

Yes I could do better given the chance, most definately. I see you didn't read my other posts. the problem I addressed was that funcom is not persistent in it's so called "discipline problems" They enforce they're so called rules only when they feel like it, many players have gripes and not all of them are handled accordingly, it's as if they are making it up as they go. It's also as if these people don't play their own games, if they did then they would know what are the major problems facing players. This goes beyond steffani, and she was very right to bring this to a public forum, because now a lot of players know about these shady dealings, I've known steffani a long time until we recently lost contact "comp troubles" and I know for a fact she wouldn't draw out an issue like this unless there was a reason.

Think whatever you want, you pay your money like she pays hers, and like I paid mine, of course when funcom finishes pushing the last of my friends out of the game, I'll be gone too which is soon. and going back to what you said earlier, I will repeat again that yes I can do a better job than them, I monitor the forums and happenings in-game enough to know what's happening where, it's not a difficult job, a lot of problems can be handled in a timely manner. Now I admit that not every problem has a clear or simple solution, but 80 percent of the time I see things like this happen and I know for a fact they can be solved if everyone didn't have their you know whats on their shoulders. Look at it this way, no matter who you believe is in the wrong or the right, you have to admit that this incident has just shown there is a need to bring more attention to customer service, because I am seeing more and more posts like this one, now I don't know if funcom likes losing money, but I'd address this soon if I were them.

Its sad

It is sad to see people leave, but in the end yes it is a game.
    In another way, they cant let it go. they will miss this game ( not just friends ), and for that reason I belive they (most of them) will come back.

AC2..lol! Lets talk about it! For me its like you used to drive a car, now its broken and you need to walk. IT SUX! play it for some weeks or months, it's just another DAoC game. There will be people play AC2, but they never played AO!
    I think most of you will agree with me on that AO game have a unike system, how its build, how you feel and what you can do.
    What can you do in AC2? you dont need to spend so many hours to figure that out.

How many have quitted the last cpl of weeks? FC loosing money? NO! go to backyards, stay there for some time I think you will be suprised how many players who are there who arent alt characters. Not everyone of them is staying thou, they play on their 7 day trial thing. Booster is coming, and when it hit the shelves it will have ALOT of newcomers to Rubi-Ka.

quote from Norton:
    --
    The booster pack is another clear example. I'm honestly not sure if you could find AO at the regular venues - the small shops focused on games (e.g. Electronics Boutique in the USA) might have it on the shelf, but at the retailers I frequent (Best Buy, CompUSA) I'd be hard pressed to find the box (if they even have it). The booster pack is aimed for release right before the holiday season, 2002. One effect this will have is placing a new, shiny, and comparatively cheap ($20) product on the shelves. Having something on the shelves is of immense value, especially near the holidays (used to be the industry lost money the first three quarters, more than made it up in the fourth quarter; not sure if this is still true). The new competitors, if they are released by then (SWG, AC2, Earth and Beyond, Neocron) will almost certainly cost twice as much, and in all likelihood cost $50 or more if they are selling well. While $20 might be unacceptable to some current players (and this is not an issue I'm trying to raise here), $20 is very acceptable to someone wanting to try out a new game, especially an MMORPG.
    --

Remeber we can also see only 1 side of the story, since FC is not allowed to tell us information about players/accounts. So they cant defend themself no matter what we write here. Its kinda sad, couse I think we all needs some answer, and many things would have been answered.

Im not trying to make you feel bad or write bad words or anything like that at all. Im sure I can speak for thousands of players when I say this: come back!

Trust me, I don't need funcom's official numbers. I've seen the influxes into the game and the outfluxes (not a real word I know, but fitting) and yes I've been to the various backyards, even before people started spawning in just one of the several for each side. The numbers while seemingly plentiful in no way compare to the numbers from the first few months, my computer would literally gag when I stepped into omni trade or Athens because of the sheer number of people. and remember the enormous amounts of players that used to hunt in galway shire on the rome stretch? was a good place for like the first 10 or 15 levels -I miss hunting minibulls- I'm sure no one can argue the fact that there aren't nearly as many people as those first few months. I wholy agree that AO is a good game, it has it's high points, and yes it's the best thing out right now, I didn't care for AC1 and AC2 might be more of the same, who knows? but it's free to try out right now. What I am saying though is that you can't stay number 1 for long, that is the history of any mmorpg that has ever come out. Anarchy is enjoying it's reign for now because it really has no comp.. would you rather be playing EQ? NO!!!!

All I'm saying is that if they want to keep the loyal customers who pay them each month, who've played for hours on end.. and have acheived levels most of us can't even stay awake long enough to comprehend (I keep my character at level 123 as I just don't have the stamina to go any higher) what would be the reason? as I recall you don't get anything for being level 200, just boredom and GM complaints, and what is the recourse for these high level players? nothing, but camp spots for items for their alts, which leads to the complaints of lower level characters. They also need to balance and tweak the game, I am just learning now that to be an effective meta as my level increases I have to use a weapon?! because pet pathing is so horrid - why can't I have a pet that fires beams at people? lol a pet that has full auto and burst!!

You're also right about most coming back because of their friends, but what happens when the friends are turned away as well? a few more accounts gone, or if not, more people to migrate to another game when they hit the shelves.

Originally posted by CZ
    This is a public forum. Everybody can read it. I have no possibility to discuss any account issues, or argue our side of the case when an issue is brought up here. That is for both ethical and legal reasons.
    Yes, this is a public forum, all the MORE reason for you to respond here when the person involved posts here. If they posted first, that should take care of legal reasons, as for ethical ones, again they did post here first and obvious WANT you to respond here. Things like this are yet another reason whyt FC takes such a pummeling on many boards. Word about these things DOES get around and if you don't respond to them IN PUBLIC then you are doing both your customers and yourselves a disservice.

I still am not certain what really is the result here. It sounds as if she does have at least one warning on her account still. It does appear that FC has lost yet more accounts due to this. Hopefully they will learn something from this, but given their track record of listening, I'm not holding my breath.

Yah edited by owner... Internet Explorer 5.5 saved Password... my bad.
    Last edited by Kurushimi; Sep 29th, 2002 at 00:14:14.
    Tradeskills currently unavailable (leveling):
    ME - 1350+
    EE - 1350+
    QFT - 1337+
    WS - 1252
    Comp lit. - 1268
    NP - 1100+
    Chem - 900+

--->PRICES<---

1250 Pharma available here
    1250 Psychology available here or here

I see here that private is one of those types that goes into a store and no matter how horrid the items are that he purchases, he'll smile at the people who sold it to him. People have a right to complain if they feel the service they are "paying" for is shady or unacceptable, ever heard of the BBB?

Grandmaster cheater homo? wth is that? if you ask me that's some type of sexually offensive slur /ban

Its funny how people cant believe how Funcom reacts to people until it happens to them. Even to this day I laugh that Noer quit. He always criticized me when I sold out and started Ebaying. He critisized me when I started telling sploits. And my only defense was that Funcom didnt treat me with the respect I deserved.

Yet when the same things happen to people around him, somehow the people that complained before him is somehow supposed to just keep quite and not point out that they had been saying the same thing all along, yet he was always in FanBoui mode.

Truth is I lost my respect for most of Funcom ALONG time ago, which is why I got back at them. Then I lost respect for those that I still held any respect for when They disresected me.

I was banned for playing the game. I was banned because I made too many trades in a two month period to people like Destrux, Fotik, Resta, EtanTaylor, Blizzaro, Demios, Smooth, Azzazzimon, and many others who bought from me in that two months. 90% of those people where banned. I was banned because I accepted too many exploited credits in trades.

Now tell me if you would suspect most of these people of exploiting. I know I wouldnt, obviously. People complained about people duping for the whole history of the game, yet Funcom didnt warn us that we had to call in a GM for every transaction we made to make sure we where safe.

Dont get me wrong I do think I have some responsibilities in making sure I dont sell to obvious exploiters. But I have been High level forever and know how many credits where easily available to highend players. I priced everything at what I thought they where worth compared to time to get credits compared to time it took to get the item.

Only one item I sold over 600m and it was the Dragon Chest for 750m. It was sold to a known player that was banned. Coats I had been sellign for 3 months for 600m each so no way I would suspect that that wasnt the normal price of them. Everything else was 100m or less, so I didnt think that was too much to ask for them.

I never sold more than two items to one person except two people which recieved 2-3 items each, but didnt accept more than 500m total from anyone who bought more than one item. All of them tried to talk me down on prices which I often relented, since I often overpriced my items so people thought I was doing them a favor when I accepted their lower buyout offers.

So tell me how was I supposed to know???

Genevra said she would stay out of my case and I had to deal with the GM handling my case. When I got banned for one month, I let Genevra know, which she quickly replied and said she was making it a permanent ban. BTW CZ if you want to check to see if my story is correct here are the incident numbers (Genevra Discussions 208777, Lucian Discussions 208548) As for what I said in the emails was 99% why am I not getting any responses to my emails about my account after 3days and 1% telling Gen that lucian banning me for ebay is really silly since the TRUE exploiters will never get caught and they should cut out ebay by making there own auction forums so they can track the su****ious accounts more easily while turning a profit for the company.

Ofcourse you have to realize I had a good relationship with Genevra because I had turned in a few dupes and other bugs, and she changed my first and last name for me and asked me to be a bug tester for her if I could get in the ARK program. So ya I felt betrayed when I was lied to by her and banned.

Yet no one listened until it happens to them. So what am I supposed to do but laugh when it happens to those that scoffed at me.

Sorry to see people screwed over, but you will not figure it out that Funcom sucks until it happens to you. So I hope it happens soon.

PornStar - Nikki Dial

-
    Only one item I sold over 600m and it was the Dragon Chest for 750m. It was sold to a known player that was banned. Coats I had been sellign for 3 months for 600m each so no way I would suspect that that wasnt the normal price of them. Everything else was 100m or less, so I didnt think that was too much to ask for them.
    -

ROFL!

oh 1 thing.. wonder how much crd's you get for 14 dragon armor.. did I say 14? hm what Im talking about? hmm, nm
    Last edited by Dr Rubika; Sep 14th, 2002 at 18:29:33.

/me Makes a flame script.
    /flame
    Bleh if yall know me. Youll know what Id say to Cz and those GMs and ARKs. But I dont feel like getting IP banned on this Pc cause its friend's. :\

Funny isn't it? most of the people on that list she made I had dealt with before. I came "this close" to dealing with blizzaro for a couple of MP items so you're saying I would have gotten banned for it? That's really outrageous if you ask me, and yet another case of GM dishonesty. I guess it's why I haven't purchased many unique items as it seemed there can be any number of stories behind them that the buyer wouldn't know about. If you ask me, someone is just having too much fun with the /ban button. As for the whole ebay thing, well that's a gray area to me. I've heard people use the argument saying that the customer is paying for the time it took to gain said item/credits and not the items/credits per se. It sounds reasonable to me, but I am sure FC has something different to say, but of course when you're high level and hunting is meaningless what else can you do?

Re: Re: Was Valoren and Steffani's issue resolved?

Originally posted by Cz

You do not have two warnings. My last e-mail was in regards to the warning from the GM only.
    That's kinda funny. If there was no wrongdoing for camping the area in the first place, how could there be a warning for conspiring to lie to a GM? The second warning is pretty much contingent on the first.