Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New AO Survey Up!

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Surveys like these NEEDS to be advertised IN-GAME to get as many to participate as possible... I really do not feel the average forum user represents the average AO player.
    Phishing scare deters from this method. I took the survey seriously. (hope everyone else did :P) I agree with things you and everyone else has said was scary. I hope they take our comments and reactions from this thread to consider anything that leaned towards the things we didn't like hearing.

Isn't maple story (or a game similar to that) pay per armor piece? I don't wanna be a serious person all the time, but when objects in game have crappy drop rates or take a raid force to get, that's as social as I want that piece of armor to get. yay a burden. You earned it. Not bought it. All of someone's equipment is a reflection of their hard work on something... not my chest piece was 20$... pants 50$ (or 50$ worth of creds) that'd be FC placing a price tag on something.

The only "acceptable" paid points things I ever want to see is social junk. I'm not very social so I'm not interested. But things like new textures, name changes, new faces.. I don't want to pay for that. They already get 70$ every 3 months from me.
    -= Power Overwhelming =- - Recruiting? Why, yes, ofc we are

Moved on to EQ2 - cya!

Quote Originally Posted by KAAN View Post
    The ones that will buy creds will do it and those that wont, still wont do it.

Would it wreck gameplay for others? I cant see why really. Other than a little better equipment. But if a total noob buys 2 bill in creds it doesnt make him a better player. He will still be a noob.
    I think a lot of people that wouldn't consider it now would most definitely do so if endorsed and provided by FC. You yourself even say that you would consider it if FC provided it. The number of people buying credits would take a huge spike.

It would not wreck gameplay directly but it would inflate the economy on very large scale. Those that refuse to buy credits would have significantly less buying power by comparison.

Don't get me wrong, i am not going to consider buying credits for real money. I like to earn the stuff i am gonna get. I'll still farm credits from missions, inf mobs or the items itself.

And i actually didn't think about the inflation ;P Sorry ^^

ACCOUNT AND CHARACTER NAME CHANGES FOR PAID POINTS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST GIVE IT TO US.

Some of us don't want to be "luvstospooge92" for the rest of or natural born lives yaknow.
    ...with a cane to the sky like none shall pass.

While I realize that multiple choice is always easier for everyone than essay, an option to free text here or there might have been nice. The question about "how easy is it to find a team" was extremely situational. Therefor I just didn't answer it.

Theo
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Theonora View Post
    While I realize that multiple choice is always easier for everyone than essay, an option to free text here or there might have been nice. The question about "how easy is it to find a team" was extremely situational. Therefor I just didn't answer it.

Theo
    Agree...

or they should have been more specific:

Level 0-100 characters
    How easy do you think it is to find team for levelling
    How easy do you think it is to find team for quests
    How easy do you think it is to find team for AI raids
    How easy do you think it is to find team for LE missions

Level 101-200 characters

Level 201-220 characters

Lots more questions, but that would have given them infintely more usefull info.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Hokay, this is getting scarry.
    I was clicking down the survey in a rather satisfied mood ... untill i reached the third-from-end question of it.

"How likely are you to use the following items or services if available?

A system that allowed in game items/credits to be bought and sold amongst players for real currency or paid points etc... "

Now i can't shake the feeling that the survey was just a sneaky way squeeze this one question in. And to feel out the genpop about things that are atm even against Funcom EULA.
    I might be wrong here , I might be paranoid even , but if some of the things in here get implemented i would be out of town before you can say "FC forces your NCU to run Booooh!".

Dont go down that road, guys. Just dont.
    No pixels were harmed during research & deployment of this signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooke View Post
    ACCOUNT AND CHARACTER NAME CHANGES FOR PAID POINTS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST GIVE IT TO US.

Some of us don't want to be "luvstospooge92" for the rest of or natural born lives yaknow.
    And some of us want to make damn sure that we dont do business with known scammers or team with known ninja-looters.

Unless there would be easily accessible name history provided when you pull up char info in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryyn View Post
    And some of us want to make damn sure that we dont do business with known scammers or team with known ninja-looters.

Unless there would be easily accessible name history provided when you pull up char info in-game.
    Getting something like below, when targetting a player and pressing "T":

Firstname "Nick" Lastname
    Previously known as Firstname2 "Nick2" Lastname2
    Previously known as Firstname1 "Nick1" Lastname1

Would be needed if they intend to make name changes possible imo.
    Last edited by Mekh; Oct 26th, 2007 at 09:17:43.

Something like that , yes - when you target a person and prees "T" f.e. . And not in some ./namehistory thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryyn View Post
    Something like that , yes - when you target a person and prees "T" f.e. . And not in some ./namehistory thingy.
    Yeah, that's what I meant... Edited my post above.

Is there are an option to vote that I'm am very disappointed what trading characters/creds for real money appeared in that survey?
    Shanida :: 220/23 Ranged Adventurer :: Omni :: RK1 :: Night Watch

the changed order of the paid point questions made me give the wrong answers i found out now : S - i feel a bit utilized
    Nijushio - 220/30 - semi-retired MA
    Nijutech - 220/29 - funny Engi
    Sabrezor - 170/24 - bored Advy
    Sabrezap - 150/20 - confused fixi

I think it is clear that they need to toss out their survey, improve it and ask us to go through it again.

It was not detailed enough. Is too easy to spam with answers that can skew it.

Yes I considered running a few bots from a few places that would give the answers I want most influence over. I would have based the time and a few variable on those answers on the current weather where I was running those bots so the randomisation would have been a bit more difficult to do.

Send us each a password in our inboxes that yes will exceed full inboxes by one and let us have some security so that this reflects our opinions.

Password to the account that has the highest level toon from a certain IP in /tell?

Somehow there are just so many reasons that Funcom needs to be more clear on who is in control of accounts.

Nice attempt thank you for asking but;

Give us a real questionnare!
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

WTB the social part
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Getting something like below, when targetting a player and pressing "T":

Firstname "Nick" Lastname
    Previously known as Firstname2 "Nick2" Lastname2
    Previously known as Firstname1 "Nick1" Lastname1

Would be needed if they intend to make name changes possible imo.
    Bump for that

Bump for new social armor slot!

Bump for not letting people buy creds/armor/characters with rl money

Chaotic Order *AP*

218 Shade "Parashade"
    216 Fixer "Homelesshigh" ~~Retired leveller and Cash farmer~~
    150 Doc "Drhobo2" ~~S10 twink~~
    +an army of sub tl-5 alts

Still waiting on the real fixer fix...

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Yes, some of the questions were quite worrying, and even the options unsatisfactory.

For instance:

Now I would pay real money that includes several game items if they were packaged as an expansion (after all, for all its hype, LE was mostly a new-phats-for-real-money expansion, with practically no new content) and priced accordingly. But if it were "Buy RBP for $100" kind of crap, hands down no. But now if $5 bought you 50 new endgame weapons/gear and everyone else was doing it, I reckon I'd be forced to do it as well. So with too many permutations, none of the options were satisfactory. I'd much rather have a "rate this idea" style of answering as in: [Very Keen] [Keen] [Unsure] [Not Keen] [Absolutely hate it]

This game is clearly going down a slippery slope of Asian MMOs (which I hate, despite all my friends playing them), and surveys like these seem built to justify that: they can promise that they aren't going to do XXX but then later claim player demand justified it (to shareholders, since shareholders will only care if player demand, no matter how miniscule, is sufficient to increase profitability, not that most players actually want it) and then go ahead.

Edit: Yes, I'm boycotting paid points.
    Agreed ^^ got nothing to add. Buying or transferring stuff between players for RL money is COMPLETE BS! Soz for caps :P But pretty sure it will kill the game.
    Any more or less usable item should be "free"(as long as you keep your account paid ofc ). Such showoff crap like vehicles, social clothes, veteran stuff is ok to buy for PP. But not really worthy items.
    ACDC anyone for 50 buckz?
    Odinochka 220/30/70 Sol Veteran of Punk
    Linadoc 220/29/70 Doc Advisor of Punk

Exclamation Getting close to the brink now.

Just to play the other side here.

The type of player what with the expansions we have had has changed.

Funcom, could go the completely other way, have kids buying their bling, enjoy mass murdering new players, hiding behind other identities, seeing who can cheat and kill the other the fastest. Show off what they have lately.

Oh, there is quite a large player base like that, all the kiddies that log on for the cyb0r and the pr0n, yes, oh yes, I think that unless AO cleans up and help root these players out ... well we will continue into this spiral until all instead of most of the quality players are gone, then they will have backed themselves into a corner and will have to keep churning out new stuff for them to feed on and "beat" each other with. While they are at it, why not add client integrated VoIP and web cam compatability, oh and truely nekkid toons with new emotes and ways of reclinining?

Yes that is extreme, I don't see it as impossible I think we are skirting very close to that brink, since Lost Eden, I have lost over half of the good people I know, the sort that stop their solo mission or leaves a must have in the shop to come and help you. The sort that don't even tell you they are doing it, that you see later someone asking if the did get the mission item they spent four or five hours rolling for or if they managed to buy that item.

They are leaving and nothing AO is doing is giving them any reassurance that they should stay.

I will be here, I am like a cockroach, I always wanted to see an Apocolypse.

I'll pay an ungodly amount of paid points for a pet pathing fix. Oh wait, that is a fundamental gameplay issue that needs to be resolved with my monthly fee. My bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

The survey was a step in the right direction at least. I will agree that some of the questions were very situational.

To me the new instances, Alappa, Alba, and Db are to "dry". Gets quite boring. Same mobs, same places, same routine....Rinse repeat the mission 6 times for everyone to get the phats & a few parts of buffing armor.

The activity in the various SL zones USED to be like:

Nasc - Popular
    Ely - Popular
    Scheol - Dead
    Adonis - Popular
    Pen - Popular
    Inferno - Dead
    Pande - Raid bot

As it is now:
    Nasc - Popular
    Ely - Popular at Kite Hill
    Scheol - Dead
    Adonis - Dead
    Pen - Dead
    Inferno - Popular
    Pande - Raid bot

If you want to fix a large portion of the game at once, create a more logical progression & make people want to level in Scheol, Ado, and Pen again. As it stands now, people that are connected go from Kite Hill in Ely to Inferno for the most part. It is a real bummer too. Give Pen missions a respectable mission reward would help and increasing Ado hecks xp to 800k-1mill per kill would definitely keep people in Ado longer. I can remember when you did not think of leaving Adonis before 190....

Giving these stupidly long quests that you cannot complete at the appropriate level is ridiculous. For example, the Ado quest is insanely long and a 175 toon cannot even consider doing the quest solo. So he/she has to call out to the orgmates to come help them with parts of the quest like killing mobs etc. But if you say it was never designed to do it solo, where the hell are you gonna get toons to make a team from in ado? They are all sitting at kite hill or are in inferno....

Fixing bugs that have been around for years should be a priority over mass new content as well. Have you tried to zone from Galaway Shire into Galaway County lately?

How about putting RK uniques on a random timer... If certain orgs want to monopolize the Unique spawn in RK they will have to earn it. Seriously, this January, I will have been playing this game for 3 years and there are some Uniques that I have never seen...or I got to see them for 0.00028 of a nano second between when they popped and were alphaed down. Wewt! that was a helluva lot of fun...wtb more of that content.../sarcasm off

People are getting burned out with things like this. Anyway, get off my soapbox and let you guys do whatever it is you do....
    Linkee 220/21 Omni, Atrox Fixer

The first to not be first at anything....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast