Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New AO Survey Up!

Quote Originally Posted by blackmesa View Post
    Why are the options for the paid points in the opposite order as the other questions?

ie most questions:

* very likely * likely * indifferent * unlikely * very unlikely

paid points question:

* very unlikely * unlikely * indifferent * likely * very likely
    Unfortunately, doing something like that can totally invalidate a survey. Many people wouldn't notice, and give answers they don't mean for the reversed questions. And it's not an issue of whether or not the person should have paid attention. It's an issue of getting invalid information from the survey, for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rewo View Post
    That is by far the biggest concern about a name change. I think if they were to allow names to be changed that there would have to be a name history either on the ingame character info or in the character lookup on the AO website.
    They would have to add name changing of some sort, since who is gonna use the transfer service if it means having a number after your name cause someone on the other server had that name (or you made a char of the same name on that server aswell)
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Thumbs down

I disagree with paid points

Keep the economies as seperate as possible, preferably, completely.

Also these characters reflect us. How can you sell a part of yourself like that?

---------

Now can we have a keep it or remove it poll for that heap of junk in New Land City Lake?
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

Quote Originally Posted by blackmesa View Post
    Why are the options for the paid points in the opposite order as the other questions?

ie most questions:

* very likely * likely * indifferent * unlikely * very unlikely

paid points question:

* very unlikely * unlikely * indifferent * likely * very likely
    I was wondering if anyone else noticed that.

ohes noes! It's Florida all over again!!!!
    Point Blank

Glad to see the survey.

Hope it would be more broadly promoted (in-game and/or in the launcher and/or emails to subscribers) since I don't believe the forums are all that representative of the player base. Apologies if I've just missed it...

Real cash for non-social game items/credits/characters is an idea I would really hate, and I responded that way in the survey.

Among other things, it would reopen the floodgates on operations like the old Ely ingot credit farmers. It seems that some real progress has been made on keeping those operations in check, even if they can never be totally eliminated.
    Yes, we have no signature today!

Why does submiting answers redirect you back to (cgi) AO page, if this survey should be annonnymus? And as it looks from survey, we'll soon be paying monthly subrsciption just for forum posting privilegies, since FC is thinking about charging for everything else seperatly.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

The day they add paid items other then social i am done with this game.

I won't stand to see rich kiddies buying everything with mommy's credit card.

I like the survey to a point.

Fc's testing the water with a few topics. I hope they see that character purchase via rl/ao creds/paid points would ruin the game. Would bring the whole ebay mentality directly into the game. I see good uses for this, however, the bad uses by far out-weigh the good imho.

Question I would have liked to see in the survey:

-How much would you like to see new 'maps' for Battlestation PVP:
    [None][A Little][Indifferent][Like to see][Zomg bring it on nowbbq]

-If we offered paid points for victory points, would you use this feature:
    [Hell No][Probably not][Undecided][Maybe][um-Duh Yeah!]

-Would you like to see instanced pf's that were better suited for melee professions? [um-duh yeah]

-Would you like to see more options in combining AI armors, like Strong + observant, etc...
    [Nope, CC is the uberest][Maybe][Indifferent][Probably][Well roll that Shiz up already]

-Would you like to see Combined Symbiants that lost the profession requirements that became nodrop?
    [Ouch your killing me, i have alts][Not sure][Indifferent][Possibly][Insert "/voice Yes!" vmote here]

alright, I'll stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Krause View Post
    They would have to add name changing of some sort, since who is gonna use the transfer service if it means having a number after your name cause someone on the other server had that name (or you made a char of the same name on that server aswell)
    That's fine. I'm not against name changes, I just think they need to implement it so that the service can't be used to run away from your past. As long as there is a way to see what characters were named previously that isn't possible.

I'd use paid points on items that color OFAB armor in Neutral green patterns. So far it's open for tons of character customization.

Also org rank and type items please : monarchy can show their knight looks and the king have his crown, and flags for leaders.

Some cosmetic additions to cityes would be nice too, they are boring. Even new buildings with rooms in to decorate. (I wish, appartments)
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

The quest questions did not include "I categorically loathe quests", nor even an N/A for quests. This will result in misrepresentation.

I'll cancel my 2 accounts if they put some of that crap in. There's no way in hell you should even think about purchasing a new face or textures. What the hell is that. I can see the new bikes(social junk) sure.. but equipment? No. I don't want the only grind in this game to be leveling. I like the challenge of DB to get items or camping something (to an extent) basiclly WORKING for your stuff instead of buying it and bam you are a cookie cutter.

omg fc is having a blue light special guys! buy one get one free RBP! NO WAI!
    -= Power Overwhelming =- - Recruiting? Why, yes, ofc we are

Moved on to EQ2 - cya!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge View Post
    Why does submiting answers redirect you back to (cgi) AO page, if this survey should be annonnymus? And as it looks from survey, we'll soon be paying monthly subrsciption just for forum posting privilegies, since FC is thinking about charging for everything else seperatly.
    Great idea! Pay for each post you make, so that what you say, you really think is meaningful!

I agree with most of what Mekh says here:
    Last edited by Jenshai; Oct 24th, 2007 at 10:51:05.

Surveys like these NEEDS to be advertised IN-GAME to get as many to participate as possible... I really do not feel the average forum user represents the average AO player.

Some of those questions/answers can be very missleading without further reasoning given, therefore regarding:

New instances
    - Albtraum, DB: Unfriendly to melee toons

Would you like a system that allowed players access to equip items in a ‘social’ mode so that you didn’t have to un-equip twinked on items?
    - Yes, if it also restricted fighting.

How likely are you to purchase Paid Points in the future ?
    - Unlikely, but depends on future price/currency policy and on what I can purchase ofc.

A system that allowed in game items to be bought and sold amongst players for real currency or paid points
    - Would result in instant account cancellation on my behalf.

IP Reset points for paid points
    - Rather indifferent as I don't see the use of these as introducing any balancing issues, but would prefer easier access to IPR in-game via quests, VP purchase and high level loot (Last two options allready there, but hard to get)
    Easier access to IPR's might result in less old toons cancelling due to not having more reset points for adapting to the changes in the game over several years.

A system that allowed in game credits to be bought and sold amongst players for real currency or paid points

A system that allowed you to change your characters name for a fee
    - I like this idea which I might wanna use myself on a few alts, but being able to access any toons name history in that toons "info window" would be absolutely essential, for reasons given elsewhere in this thread allready.

A system that allowed characters to be bought and sold amongst players for in game credits
    - I really dislike this idea, but if it required a name change I guess I could live with it. People would learn fast that the toon in question is a purchased toon anyway and because of the mandatory name change, many sources of scams and grief should be avoided.
    I don't see it as much worse than a 1-220 kited char really.

A system that allowed characters to be bought and sold amongst players for real currency or paid points?

The amount of profession changes in the last nine months?
    - I like the amount, but I really don't like the direction FC has chosen to move balance more towards "Roll the dice" PvP and proc's that is just more "Roll the dice".
    Just an example: Whether crat's are lucky enough to get a stun proc off or a doc is lucky enough to get an UBT proc off can and will often be the deciding factor in a fight and that is against all I think this game should be about....
    Skill > Luck
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Just to make this clear, i have not purchased any creds in game for real money.

But there is a market for it, there has always been too. The ones that can afford it and no problem with it already does it. Just look at shopping channel in bor. Buy creds for xx $ at www.atwhateversite.com. The spam is there always, FC can't stop it.

The ones that will buy creds will do it and those that wont, still wont do it.

Lets see about me, would i pay for credits? Not sure, i mean i wouldn't want to give those companies my creditcard info, but fc already got it. Would it wreck gameplay for me? Probably not. Would it wreck gameplay for others? I cant see why really. Other than a little better equipment. But if a total noob buys 2 bill in creds it doesnt make him a better player. He will still be a noob.

Post Accounts

Buying credits is sick.

FC could use ISP + router + motherboard and network card serial number + player account + (payment mehtods)

to be pretty certain of who is there, doing what. It would take some programming, probably on a OS level integation, is probably one of the best ways.

Then they just use criteria to flag ARK

• Has IP drastically change, ie country or state against that account
    • Have transactions exceeded X amount
    • How many transactions have occured between these account?
    • So on, it is possible to make it a nuisance for people to do this.

All you would see it the EULA as it can be in there that you "Accept" these conditions and information gathering.
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

IMO, esp. relating to Housing and such.

Anything FC intoruces that cost Paid Points should have a watered down equivilant.

i.e. PP (AI) Social Clothes have a Free (RK) counterpart.
    Phasefront :: Yalmaha
    Lux Apartment :: Standard Jobe Apartment
    etc.

If they introduce new housing, I think extra housing for free accounts should be added. The existing RK apartments are nice, but at 6 years old, some of us should love a 2nd (free) choice. And with player heads and textures, if they make us pay for them, some new ones should be added for free players.

Content that is 6 years old should get a wee bit of love from developers without an added pricetag.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Good survey, but there's some truly terrifying ideas being thrown around there.

If it ever comes to a point where characters, gear, or credits can be traded/purchased with real money I'm outta here.

FC has had a good policy toward not allowing the size of your wallet affect your power ingame, & I truly hope they hold to their current stance on that issue. I'm considerably dismayed to know that they are even considering allowing players to buy items & characters for real money.

On the plus side, the idea of buying new textures/paint jobs for existing items appeals to me a great deal, so long as those textures are 'gear specific' themselves. In other words, a new texture for tier armor should only apply to tier armor, and nothing else - I don't want to see the same texture being applicable to all armors - players should still be able to identify what you're wearing by looking at it (imo).
    Last edited by Vlain; Oct 24th, 2007 at 12:27:34.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    --------------------------------------------------
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Some of these ideas are VERY scary.

However, I really do like the paid points for IPR one - it's a way for people who don't want to obsessively farm BS (or those like me that think PVP in this game is largely garbage) to get more :P

And (been saying this for *years*) I'd like to be able to "spraypaint" my armor different colors. Maybe they could leave the textures alone, so you can still identify it, but let you change the color scheme. Silver and black combined mercs would look seriously sexy.
    Last edited by Angel_1; Oct 24th, 2007 at 12:40:01.
    Angelmed - 220/20/64 - F1, UBT, AFK
    (stuff) - (more)
    Bigdumbnoob - 150 Alium Killer
    And the alt army

Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    ...snip...
    On the plus side, the idea of buying new textures/paint jobs for existing items appeals to me a great deal, so long as those textures are 'gear specific' themselves. In other words, a new texture for tier armor should only apply to tier armor, and nothing else - I don't want to see the same texture being applicable to all armors - players should still be able to identify what you're wearing by looking at it (imo).
    I agree... kinda in the same ball game as the social clothing tab issue... You should be able to see what armor and weapon your opponents have.

With regard to the paid items, I think they are really borderline with regard to the flying vehicles...
    Flying vehicles gives a toon a significant advantage over someone not able to fly. Who don't remember how great it was to finally have earned enough credits to get a yalm to get you to those mishes, without having to do the gauntlet through all those dasm red mobs.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast