Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New AO Survey Up!

New AO Survey Up!

As always, we value the feedback of our players, and surveys like this are one way we can take it into consideration.

The survey is at: http://anarchy.speedsurvey.com

Please use the password: bronto

And we thank you for your time.

I liked that survey
    Made me feel that FC is sometimes actually listening to players
    Would like an option to insert some comments, but then i guess it wouldn't be a survey anymore and would involve too much work to collect the results.

p.s.
    Imagine selling chars for ingame creds rofl

edit:
    And im fiiirst \o/

There's *some* thoughts in that survey which would make me cancel my accounts pretty quick, if implemented.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

id say put limiters if you add stuff for paid points
    Quote Originally Posted by Psythe View Post
    You kinda look like Criss Angel the MIND FREAK!!!

I really liked how they specifically mentioned New textures/looks for armor/weapons, new player faces/animations and expanded/new Apartments for paid points. Really cool stuff.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Very good survey! Lots of questions that matter to many of us.
    Tired of having endless amounts of pocketboss patterns taking up space in your bank?

Bump this!

I have two things to say:

1. Yes, new animations and stuff would be nice for paid points, if you got enough of them... but there's a bunch of animations that are needed that we shouldn't have to pay for, like the animations for almost every perk in the game (except the soldier perk Field Bandage.) I've always thought the concept of Seismic Smash, for instance, would be a bit more of a... well, smash... than the current poke it is now...

2. Paid Points character transfers: cool. Paid Points name changes: ok, but possibly abusable if someone just wants to avoid a bad reputation. Paid Points for items/credits: terrible, terrible idea. Many people have already said that the size of your bank account should not affect how well equipped you are in the game, and since AO's launch this has been FC's stance too, and I'd hate to see this change.

Otherwise, I liked this survey and the prospect of what these questions might lead to in terms of what actually gets added to the game.
    Feurix 220/22 Enforcer :: Naphalus 131/16 Engineer :: Geruka xxx/xx Soldier

General of Asgard.

[Team] Galdethi: "Feurix is tanking? ok sure *runs to save* yeah ill brt!"

Thumbs down

Yes, some of the questions were quite worrying, and even the options unsatisfactory.

For instance:
    A system that allowed in game items to be bought and sold amongst players for real currency or paid points [Very Unlikely] [Unlikely] [Unsure] [Likely] [Very Likely]
    Now I would pay real money that includes several game items if they were packaged as an expansion (after all, for all its hype, LE was mostly a new-phats-for-real-money expansion, with practically no new content) and priced accordingly. But if it were "Buy RBP for $100" kind of crap, hands down no. But now if $5 bought you 50 new endgame weapons/gear and everyone else was doing it, I reckon I'd be forced to do it as well. So with too many permutations, none of the options were satisfactory. I'd much rather have a "rate this idea" style of answering as in: [Very Keen] [Keen] [Unsure] [Not Keen] [Absolutely hate it]

This game is clearly going down a slippery slope of Asian MMOs (which I hate, despite all my friends playing them), and surveys like these seem built to justify that: they can promise that they aren't going to do XXX but then later claim player demand justified it (to shareholders, since shareholders will only care if player demand, no matter how miniscule, is sufficient to increase profitability, not that most players actually want it) and then go ahead.

Edit: Yes, I'm boycotting paid points.
    Last edited by Chrys; Oct 23rd, 2007 at 04:57:17.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Good survey. Loved the options that you guys are considering, with the exception of letting us to buy/sell items with either Funcom or other players for real cash. There is already enough problem with people Ebaying characters. Allowing people to do it in-game for real cash seems like the wrong way to go.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

I liked most of the ideas in the survey.

However, there were some questions in the survey that should have had a few other choices for answers, such as "Would make me cancel my account" or "Would ruin gameplay for me".

There are often a few people, when there is a new patch, that threaten to quit because of something they don't like. Perhaps some even do. In this case, though, I think FC really would lose a chunk of their customer base if they implented anything where (as has already been said) the size of your bank account would make a difference in how well equipped you are in the game.
    Last edited by tiralee; Oct 23rd, 2007 at 06:13:32.

I can't believe they actually asked if we would pay for in game char selling.

eh?

Why are the options for the paid points in the opposite order as the other questions?

ie most questions:

* very likely * likely * indifferent * unlikely * very unlikely

paid points question:

* very unlikely * unlikely * indifferent * likely * very likely

fc hax!

just thought i'd point that out, good survey though

Blackmesa
    220/30/68 Clan Agent

ja

probably to make sure you pay attention, most of the ones where they are all ticked on same time and doesnt make sense might not be regarded inc ase someone just doesnt read, alot of surveys do it

Good survey.

I too would cancel if they ever offered ingame items for sale for real money (beyond social items). Also, characters should never change hands, period.

The textures/animations would be very welcome but not for paid points. These should be made available for everyone either through regular patching or as part of the upcoming engine upgrade.

I think what might have the biggest impact to bringing in new players would be new textures, animations and above all new character models. This should most definitely be a focus of the new engine.

if characters changing hands frees them from account to be added to another acct with a open slot then sign me up cause that also means could use my 2 accts much more efficiently

Quote Originally Posted by survey
    A system that allowed you to change your characters name for a fee
    New head texture: 500 paid points
    Name change: 2000 paid points
    Ninja'ing that BoC on first beast: PRICELESS
    "Still, I was fabulous, and it was a bloody good laugh"

BUREAUCRASHCOLDCOMFORTFONEBONE
    KISSNMAKEUPCASHORCHEQUEJELLYFUNK

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfunk View Post
    New head texture: 500 paid points
    Name change: 2000 paid points
    Ninja'ing that BoC on first beast: PRICELESS
    That is by far the biggest concern about a name change. I think if they were to allow names to be changed that there would have to be a name history either on the ingame character info or in the character lookup on the AO website.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmesa View Post
    Why are the options for the paid points in the opposite order as the other questions?

ie most questions:

* very likely * likely * indifferent * unlikely * very unlikely

paid points question:

* very unlikely * unlikely * indifferent * likely * very likely

fc hax!

just thought i'd point that out, good survey though
    Yea I feel they wanted to confirm things we wanted first then stuff we don't want.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Nice survey, but like others here I thought some of the questions asked about paid points were scary.

Your hoverboarding on thin ice with the paid point system as it is. Please be careful about adding new content to be paid for. You don't want to actually ALLOW players to cheat, and get instantly what some of us have played years for.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast