Thread: Clinical Trial needing Volunteers

Clinical Trial needing Volunteers

Phase 1 clinical trials for an experimental new Health Stim formula is set to begin late this month of October, 29481. Volunteer participants are requested for this trial phase, a limit of 15 participants has been determined to fulfill the required group for study.

Participants will be advised of the risks involved with the use of unsanctioned medical products, and will be provided with a stipend of 100,000 credits to cover the costs of any reclaim services that may be involved during the study period. The study period will be the duration of 30 days and will require participants to carry an Urgent Sensitive Information data collection and storage device with them at all times. All required experimental medical supplies will be provided at a quality level best suited to the participant up to a limited quality level of 125 by select distributors.

At close of the study period, participants will turn in their Urgent Sensitive Information data collection and storage devices along with any excess amounts of the experimental medical supplies. Participation in this clinical trial signifies you agree to a confidentiality agreement. All participants shall subject themselves to regular insurance scans during the study period.

All participants should be aligned with the Clan faction and shall not have ties with Omni-Med. Employees of Omni-Tek will not be accepted as participants in this clinical trial. All volunteers should contact Miss Dutchess “Copperneedle” Bane to apply for enrollment.
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

I am bitterly disappointed. Science should know no boundaries. Empires come and go, the political rivalries of today will eventually become insignificant, just another set of dull incidents taught to bored school children.

All that endures is the body of knowledge that humanity collectively adds to and transmit to the future generations.Thus, while it matters not one bit to us who one which battle between Greeks and Persians, pi and the rules of Euclidean geometry are as relevant to us today as ever.

For a scientist to put the political interests of today before the search for knowledge is the worst possible betrayal.

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

i agree with Dabblez

why test ur stuff on 15 clanners AND pay them 100K each, when you can just capture 15 omni citizens, tie them up in ur lab & use them as guinnee pigs for free
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

I understand the nature of your point. But why give the Persians samples of your better medical technologies if you are a Greek? Let alone the fact that it is the Persians whom currently give you your doctors; would you rather not have Greek doctors using better Greek technology to fight the Persians?

Miss Dabblez, I would expect an omni technologists to oppose this test as it has little to do with nuts and bolts and all to help the clans. Mr. Will, you continue to pull at my attention on the loyalty you claim, having made accusations against my fine organization and releasing continued propaganda in general without any merit than the word of a simple unlicensed fixer.

We are testing superior medical techniques and desperately seek participants which will assist the speed of research. There is little to worry about other than the common side effects already experienced by the use of existing unsanctioned blackmarket quality of stims. Preliminary animal testing has helped in the production of serums with a less than 0.003% rate of insurance voiding deaths. My investors and I are seeking volunteers, and are contributing 100,000 credits per participant as a measure to offset the cost of regular insurance scans. We are certainly not seeking to buy any test subjects nor establish an environment of credits for experimentation.

Applicants are encouraged to contact myself with related questions, confidentiality is standard.
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

I don't oppose the tests, I would have gladly offered myself as a test subject. What I do oppose is the notion of placing politics before science.

Next month I will host Science Symposium. as I have each November for the past five years. As always this will be open to scientists of all factions. I think it is essential that scientists stick together. If the politicians want to fight their wars, we can't prevent that, but we don't have to go along with it!
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I don't stand with or for Omni - Tek

Would my addiction to other stims conflict with these? I would pay you to let me into this trial.

As for politics X>P~ 0
    Last edited by Jenshai; Oct 22nd, 2007 at 08:25:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Copperneedle View Post
    Mr. Will, you continue to pull at my attention on the loyalty you claim, having made accusations against my fine organization and releasing continued propaganda in general without any merit than the word of a simple unlicensed fixer.
    i didn't make accusations of any kind and i know perfectly well where my loyalty lies... i only said instead of using clanners (your own kind) as test subjects raddle up some omnis, strap them to tables & shoot the test drugs in them, see how it goes, if they die: tough luck, we know we need to tweak the drug, if they survive: just kill them in the end.

money saved, clanner lives possibly saved, a few omnis less on rubi-ka... a win-win-win situation
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

I suppose if the volunteer count is lower than needed, I might consider the exception to permit a few neutral citizens to willingly participate. Seeing as how this is a medical trial on an experimental product however, would have me give preferrence to military sorts, aka clans, rather than warriors of the commercial markets, aka neutrals. When that time comes and we end up short a few participants, I'll consider allowing neutral citizens to apply pending their signing a consent and confidentiality agreement and possible allow the implantation of a GPS unit with a proximity detector equiped with a neurotoxin release. We are unable to consider the chance at Omni-Med obtaining any manner of a sample of our serum.

Just to be clear, the implant has been tested and bugs fixed. Death will not occur, only a complete systemic hibernation combined with complete shutdown of skeletal muscle control, allowing my opperatives to repossess the host.
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-