Thread: ooc: event subscription (part2)

ooc: event subscription (part2)

seems my old topic got deleted, & i didn't really see any update from FC on the subject, but

i just tried to sign up for event participation again & this time it stays as signed up, so it's apparently fixed

just go to: register.funcom.com & sign in on ur account, then click the right options
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Are you sure it's working? I logged in, signed up and logged out. Logged in again to check and it said "not signed up". So I signed up and waited an hour. Still says I'm not signed up.

it worked for me :s i tried refreshing first to check, & then logging out & back in, and still said signed up

edit: never mind... seems now it is "not signed up" again anyway
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Signed up a couple of days ago, wasn't anymore today. Signed again, loggin out then back in, still signed in.

That said I can understand ooc talk isn't useful ic, there was some talk about putting the ooc buzz somewhere ?
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

If i remember correctly we asked for that before, and ARK even asked if we were interested. But that is as far as it went

Edit: found it -> http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=490337
    Last edited by Nuser_; Oct 18th, 2007 at 21:58:03.
    "Sincerity is an openness of heart that is found in very few people. What we usually see is only an artful disguise people put on to win the confidence of others." ~François de La Rochefoucauld

that's why i post ooc in the buzz section, and never even read life on atlantean (the "ooc RP part" u could say)

as nuser said:
    I believe OOC posts about RP (for example suggestions how to improve RP/events/storylines/whatever) belongs on the Buzz or a sub section of the buzz. It does definately not belong in Life on Atlantean where it will only get flamed to he** and back from people who do not care the slightest for this part of the game. Its a disgrace for the poster to get his/hers ideas flamed and a disgrace towards the RP community that we can not have a propper discussion without interferance from people who couldn't care less.

and if you look at a post of an RPer that is/was starting a party for RPing, and posted it in LoA too, the only first replies that came were about she will be getting ganked for starting that party

so, unless we get that ooc buzz section, i'll have to stick to it here

p.s.: wtb a fix for event signup btw, and clear indication somewhere when it is so i can stop testing myself & putting up ooc posts here about it xD

I checked yesterday when i looked at the Booster Pack options, and it was turned off again on my account, where i turned it on when PBF did the first thread about it.
    Funcom, please fix it
    AO-Universe - The Leet Place To Be

Actually the intention was not to ask if you wanted a subforum for OOC posts but if you wanted the posts in this forum or if the moderators should move them to say: Life on...

The possibility of getting an OCC forum specific for RP isn't very likely, I'm not saying impossible but not very likely. I'll ask about it but no promises.
    Director Bekrowe
    ARK Community Relations
    Public Forums Moderator
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

:: Social Guidelines ::
    :: Ark Public Website :: Social Events with ARK :: Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry :: ARK Tours :: Join ARK!

oh hell no... no ooc posts about rp on life on atlantean, that's like going in 1 groupage of people while being the kind of person they hate, waving & dancing around there while they're armed

I agree comletly. OCC posts about rp in the life on.. forums is a complete waist of time as it would drown in coments from people that dosen't care about it. Don't think we need another sub-forum as long as the threds are marked with ooc or something like that. Hope the sign-up will be fixed soon.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    Hope the sign-up will be fixed soon.
    I think it may be fixed. Just tried it and it seems to be working now.

edit: Checked back a bit later and I'm not signed up again. Guess FC was just playing a Halloween trick on me.
    Last edited by Dasubervixen; Oct 24th, 2007 at 21:39:58.

i agree with gimpe, as long as it's clearly marked OOC or [OOC] followed by the title it should be allowed here

ps: seems to work for me now too, gonna check after dinner if it stays signed up, if so then it should be fixed
    Last edited by playboyfixer; Oct 24th, 2007 at 19:19:37.

That was settled in that post I was clarifying since a lot of folks thought we were saying we would create an OOC subforum which was never stated by us
    Director Bekrowe
    ARK Community Relations
    Public Forums Moderator
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

:: Social Guidelines ::
    :: Ark Public Website :: Social Events with ARK :: Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry :: ARK Tours :: Join ARK!

As I mentioned in the other thread, we are aware of the problem. Thanks for your vigilance, though .
    ~ Aythem ~

- Become an AO tester!