Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 14.5.0 delayed - 'official' discussion

Hmm

As Superslag cited, if there are non public reasons for the delay, why mentioning them in the public - it's always 'El Nino'.

If you want us to acknowledge them, we might want to know them.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Well I must say thank you for not demolishing the game. It seems that we've all learned our lessons from past patches. Too bad that some of the other patches hadn't been tested this thoroughly. Good job!

One other thing I noticed. I was using Getright to download the 11.0 to 14.3 patch yesterday from your patch servers and your server doesn't support resuming! Please fix that so all the users with download managers and dialup modems don't have to download the thing for 8 days straight to get it. I'm sure that resuming wouldn't be that hard to look into, and I'm positive that it could only produce a positive outcome. Thanks again!!
    Rocco "Naels" Capone
    Atrox Martial Artist, Atlantean

Enforcer Is The Nerfest Prof <-- The dumbest thread in the entire forums!

Delays

I will join the majority in thanking Funcom for the communication. I agree with their decision, implementing a patch without considering all the ramifications not to mention verifying all of the test results is not a good idea. I dont believe in threatening to cancel, in order to get your way. No matter how loud my children scream at me, I dont allow them to murder our neighbors, no matter how much fun they say it will be. Many times, we dont always know whats best. Although if your a teenager, you know everything, so this rule cant apply to you.
    Take your time, I look forward to what you have to offer Funcom.

Oh, and I along with millions of others will not forget you said:
    and expect to have or posteriors lit, occasionally, as well if we drop the ball.
    I really hope you didnt eat allot of beans...
    Quinn Erorr Cratty

Quinn glares, "You have failed me for the last time Janitor Bob!"

Thumbs up Thanks FC

I'm going to post too, just because I think the people complaining about this are whining idiots.

This patch is not a "small patch" like you think. 140 dynacamps, lots of new items and a huge number of new quests is not "small."

Thank you Funcom for taking your time with this and communicating with your playerbase the specifics as to why the patch was delayed. You did everything I could have asked for.

The only thing that would make it even better would be to let your playerbase know these details BEFORE people make a huge stink about it and some cancel their accounts. If you were to have made this post (the opening post in this thread) on the forums the morning the patch was due, or in the launcher, people would have been a lot more understanding overall, right off the bat instead of having such a reaction as you have witnessed.

Thumbs up!

--Tsk

thx for the info on the delay

i was wondering why were were still on 14.3... would it be possible to tell us the coords of the new camps??
    and what is the supposed ETA of 14.6??
    hurry up with the Nt patch.. getting restless here...
    sabyan 178 nt

. . .

Christ, could you guys be any MORE melodramatic about this? Probably not. To those of you who are leaving over the delay: good riddence. You would have left because of some inconsequental thing sooner or later. We don't need whiners who don't understand how the real world works here. Mistakes are made, things get delayed . . . and so on. It happens with all MMORPGs. And all software for that matter. Go make your own successful MMORPG and then come back and *****. Funcom is doing a fine job, mistakes or not.

I just hope the XP SP1 crashes are fixed soon. I just reinstalled XP because of the horribly crappy and uninstallable WMP9 ending up sucking, I don't wanna have to reinstall AGAIN just to remove SP1 to be able to play.

Quoting my self here

I really am not a fanboy, but this time I think FC made the right choises.

This time for telling us what the problem is/was let's face it, how much public response have MicroSoft ever given to a problem with any of their software(anyone remember trying to get USB to work under win95?)

The system is, try to improve the game, test your work, implement.

At the test stage, and bugg is found, good work all those on test, saved a lot of people hastles on live with their mains.

Coders tried to fix the error, can't be done in time. so postpone patch.

If some one orders fries, and in the box they get a potato, guess we could say the fries aint rdy yet.

I don't think this is crazy at all, I've flamed at FC for NOT doing exactley this in the past, when we're had yet more server down-time so a patch can be patched, and they have told us, "hey there was a real problem that would have screwed up the game for a lot of people" this way is better imo.

peace
    cal
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Re: . . .

Originally posted by Lefin
    To those of you who are leaving over the delay: good riddence. You would have left because of some inconsequental thing sooner or later. We don't need whiners who don't understand how the real world works here.
    I don't understand what the problem is with people wanting to leave because they are tired of delays and broken promises. So some people are tired of waiting for something that has taken nearly 3 months and still isn't out. So what? In the nearly year and a half that Anarchy has been out how many other computer games have been released? Probably more then a 100, and probably 10 or 15 pretty good ones out of those. So if Funcom's delays and other problems make other people think they're better off with another product then more power to them.

And there's a difference between whiner's and people that just would like to see things work. A whiner is never satisfied, no matter what. The second kind though just wants to see things work correctly. If the game functioned, more or less, properly then we wouldn't have a problem. We all understand that it takes a little while for a company to get in their groove when they release a product like this, but after a year and a half they should have their acts together by now. This nonsense where we waited nearly 2 months just for patch notes was crazy, and is the thing a vetern company would know better then to do.

That being said, i await the patch. I hope its worth the wait and I don't currently have any plans of leaving AO.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Patch info updated.

Guess people have had their say in this now. Closing the thread.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234