thank you for the info.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

thanks for the information.

And i didnt lose fate in funcom for a single minute
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Re: Hmmm lets see

Originally posted by Shadowzar
    I have one more comment to make here. I see all these people in these forums bashing how this happen, and how this was promise, and FC is just screwing up. Then they go on to compare this game to others and say how that game was..well I played UO and it had a LOT of problems and still does...we all know about EQ, and I have not played AC or DaoC because of people I know and respect tell me its not worth the time when you get to a certain point...

The point here is that everyone always want things done NOW. If a mistake is made, then its AARRRGH..why did that happen ? You guys are suppose to be perfect ! Well in the gamming world there is no perfect code...no computer programer fairy....and no Magic code lamps. The harsh reality is deadlines do not get met, mistakes happen, the suits decide to change things in the last second, and so on. I could go on and on... but I will not. Some of us understand this..and for those who do not and whine and whine well, you people will just be in another game..whinning when the magic lamp does not produce the perfect game.

Lastly : Hmm why do you think there is AC2 and EQ2 comming out ? A new DaoC ? is it because the first was not *perfect* ?

And by the way..SWG will also have its growing pains...those of us in the BIZ see a delay already....Nonthing is perfect.
    no no no, since you are quite new on the boards, I will let you in on a little secret here. Funcom is evil, they spend their every waking hour at work, thinking up ways to put more bugs into the software, delay it, ignore the customers, and Generally annoy everything. Also Every other game is MUCH better than this one in just about every way, and SWG and/or AC2 (depeneding on who you listen to) are not going to have ANY bugs, ANY exploits, they are going to have PERFECT Graphics and gameplay, ever month lots of content will be added, so that the nice, happy, always helpful and polite gamers will have lots of fun times, and the second either of them is released, EVERYONE is going to leave AO for them, never to return (like they all did when DAOC was released).

Also, since you are defending funcom, you dont know anything. Anyone bashing them is putting over well thought out arguements, and knows much more about business/advertising/marketing/finance/programming/game design/making coffee..... than either you or Funcom EVER will.

I hope this has cleared up a few things for you.

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

maybe you should stop "beta testing" other companies games and test the game that pays your rent, food, car etc...

You expect him to take his job home with him?

My my, good thing he isn't a garbage collector!
    Schu , Hylle and f a m i l y

"I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my a***"

Lil-
    "Oh, ho, ho, irony! Oh, no, no, we don't get that here. See, uh, people ski topless here while smoking dope, so irony's not really a, a high priority. We haven't had any irony here since about, uh, '83, when I was the only practitioner of it. And I stopped because I was getting tired of being stared at."
    Last edited by Intra; Sep 13th, 2002 at 10:47:39.

Thumbs up Finally

This is the type of explanation i like to get. No BS, just the plain truth. Good call onm delaying the patch. I hope u understand that the playerbase will be more tolerant if u give equally good explanations next time something comes up. Keep us informed of what's happening. That's how i like to see it
    RK1:
    Quindillar 202 Sol
    Chaver 206 MA
    Couladjinn 172 NT
    Quinjr 152 Trader
    Hardforce 150 Enf

Legion

Originally posted by Cindrax
    I've had it.

My wife and I just cancelled our accounts.

We came back. We played for 2 months. We tried to give Funcom a chance. But they are still the same bunch that they were 8 months ago.
    YAY! Fewer persons means less lag

/Ghump
    Ghump - a member of Ragnarok

My hovercraft is full of eels

Oh almost forgot:

CZ: Thanks for the info. I havn't had crashes/major errors in a long time, and certainly wouldn't like some now. Give the QA team a pat on the back for keeping those errors away from me

And a free advice: Get someone to fix that pet pathing stuff. That will eliminate 90% of all the whiners/flamers/whatevers
    For instance look at DaoC's solution. The pet follows the exact same path as You and doesn't get stuck on walls and stuff. And teach them to jump over furniture. Sounds pretty easy to me since even the mobs can do that. That should fix most of the problems (not all).

/Ghump
    Ghump - a member of Ragnarok

My hovercraft is full of eels

Ok I see this needs addressing

Originally posted by lilnymph

no no no, since you are quite new on the boards, I will let you in on a little secret here. Funcom is evil, they spend their every waking hour at work, thinking up ways to put more bugs into the software, delay it, ignore the customers, and Generally annoy everything. Also Every other game is MUCH better than this one in just about every way, and SWG and/or AC2 (depeneding on who you listen to) are not going to have ANY bugs, ANY exploits, they are going to have PERFECT Graphics and gameplay, ever month lots of content will be added, so that the nice, happy, always helpful and polite gamers will have lots of fun times, and the second either of them is released, EVERYONE is going to leave AO for them, never to return (like they all did when DAOC was released).

Also, since you are defending funcom, you dont know anything. Anyone bashing them is putting over well thought out arguements, and knows much more about business/advertising/marketing/finance/programming/game design/making coffee..... than either you or Funcom EVER will.

I hope this has cleared up a few things for you.

hugs

lilnymph
    EDIT: I have issued a apology for the post that is stated below. I mistook Lilnymph reply as a flame...(I guess I'm a little to wound up at the office.. Buuuut many who writes posts in these forums means exactly what she is saying in her post as a joke for real. So I will leave my original reply here. Again I have already written a apology for lilnymph, but for the rest of you who love to flame...refer to the below text.

First off I am not new to this or any forums..just because I do not sit here and flame every post or comment on every little thing that somebody says, does not mean that I am 'NEW' to anything. I choose to comment on subjects that intrerest me only, and not concern myself with a 'POST' title.

Second I know what I know. I do not pretend to know what anyone else does in this forum, or whether if there opion is valid or not..its just that, a opion. This was my opion.

Thirdly I and not defending anyone or anything..if you want to classify this as defending..then I am defending game programers, coders, graphic artists, storyboard designers, debuggers, ect, ect, the whole team and man hours that go into making just a single player game. Some of you people read gamming magazines and 'PRETEND' to have knowledge about the gaming world...well DING DONG wake up call...time to get back to reality.. posting hundreds and hundreds of reply's and statements also does not make you a expert...its just means you think you know everything..or maybe you have no RL...who knows.

Lastly before you write a flame...maybe you read and understand what the author was trying to say, go gather some facts, then make a 'INTELLIGENT' reply. Not just flame another post so now you'll have 'xxx' posts. "

A fool is not a fool till the fool opens there mouth and removes all doubts"
    Last edited by Shadowzar; Sep 13th, 2002 at 16:27:39.
    Shadow Lv 13 Deity. Mp Warrior.
    I am The Master of Shadows. I am here to help you...
    We are L E G I O N for we are many.

Teh Layout

“One should be as humble as the dust he treads upon...
    But do not mistake my Humbleness as Weakness.”

The light battles the darkness.Who we are decides which side will prevail.

Hey Shadowzar,
    I think you will find Lils post was obviously ironic and an example of a post showing how stupid flamers can be.
    So, she really wasnt taking the **** out of you, but instead taking the **** out of the trolls who would disagree with you.
    Hence my reply to her about "Irony? oh.. we dont get that here"

EDIT: cos piss isnt a filtered word and I didnt want to annoy Cz

Re: Ok I see this needs addressing

Originally posted by Shadowzar
    A fool is not a fool till the fool opens there mouth and removes all doubts"
    Funny, I really liked your post that lilnymph quoted. I felt it was a balanced viewpoint.

lilnymph was just JOKING with you. Looks like you took it a weeee bit too seriously. She was being sarcastic; and not towards you. At least, that was my reading.

I thought her reply was poking fun at how I perceive most peeps on this board to be. It wasn't any kind of attack on you; that I could see.

Please, relax a little, eh?

Martek

Hmm maybe I took it wrong :(

Originally posted by Martek-SLAG
    Funny, I really liked your post that lilnymph quoted. I felt it was a balanced viewpoint.

lilnymph was just JOKING with you. Looks like you took it a weeee bit too seriously. She was being sarcastic; and not towards you. At least, that was my reading.

I thought her reply was poking fun at how I perceive most peeps on this board to be. It wasn't any kind of attack on you; that I could see.

Please, relax a little, eh?

Martek
    Ok maybe I did take her response the wrong way, after rereading it several times, It does now seems a bit 'to' sarcastic from even a real flamer. So with that, I will issue a public apology here and now to lilnymph, for my reply to her post. But I will say for those who mean every word they say when they get on here flaming away...maybe you should refer to the reply post I put up. So again sorry Lilnymph and I will edit that post pronto.

Hmm I guess I ate my own quote...
    Shadow Lv 13 Deity. Mp Warrior.
    I am The Master of Shadows. I am here to help you...
    We are L E G I O N for we are many.

Teh Layout

“One should be as humble as the dust he treads upon...
    But do not mistake my Humbleness as Weakness.”

The light battles the darkness.Who we are decides which side will prevail.

Well, it takes a lot of character to issue a public apology. That itself is worth a lot, and I am glad to see you reconsider, retract, AND leave your original post intact.

That is a very positive sign of character IMO. Well done!

Cheers,
    Martek

Small question: wasn't publishing a new build 24 hours before thw whole kit and caboodle went live pretty much going to guarantee a delay?

(Acutally, I think I already know the answer to this: because the previous build had other, different bugs in it...but I might be wrong...)

Originally posted by besheba
    maybe you should stop "beta testing" other companies games and test the game that pays your rent, food, car etc...

maybe you could have identified the problem sooner

just my opinion
    First of all beta testing other companies games is an excellent way of keeping up with what the competition is doing.

Secondly, I guess we can assume besheba that you are chained to your work desk 24/7 since you expect others to work 24/7.

I appreciate the no BS explanation. I understand that patching things carefully is a good thing.

I just look forward to seeing this patch. Team missions are incredibly boring now. Once you have done it several hundred times, you tend to get a little tired of it.

Post yep

thnx for the info CZ. Not that I would have left without it coming or anything, just good to get it all nice and tidy up in front of me, in one singel coloumn, and even in a singel post! Sheez, that did good to my brain...

And Shadow, no hard feelings man, I'm constantly doing the same misreadings and stuff... (well, not that often)... but hey, we love ya anyway!
    "I never threaten, I merely promise"

Additionally there are many factors that the general public is not aware of that have effected our patch cycles lately.

Well instead of leaving us in the dark letting us know things helps a little - Well I hope this patch is worth the 3month wait. heh
    Level 200 Eng

My name was nerfed if you wish to contact me ingame please use superslang

These are great days we're living, bros! We are jolly green giants, walking the earth with guns. These people we wasted here today are the finest human beings we will ever know. After we rotate back to the world, we're gonna miss not having anyone around that's worth shooting.

me to
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

I am aware of the intervals that other MMORPGs release their patches and what their patches tend to contain.

..illustrated in my signature.
    Hailieglade 200 Heavy Combat PoP Star - Proud member of Inner Circle - Omni born on June 18th 2002
    ...after you fix cams can we get a 250 lvl cap? or maybe a 5k token board? for some poetic justice...
    BR 15 CR 2 Sniper / Medic / Engineer - Markov

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast