Thread: Suppression zones arent realistic

Suppression zones arent realistic

I want to see a mojor drop in suppression zones.

I think that it would be a lot more interesting and fun if all the zones outside towns (except near zone lines, grids and whompas) were dropped to 25%, and the political zones were dropped to 0%, with guard supervision.

The obvious complaint would be... "I get killed all the time"

My answer is this....

It is a war. I would expect that if I went into clan territory during a war that I would be killed on sight.

Would you have gone to Germany with a rifle in your hands during WWII? I think not... why? cause youd get waxed.

Rock on

Actually, it's nowhere near a war at the time.

Sure, the conflict does have some strained periods, but strong forces on both sides are working harder still on reaching a peaceful compromise.
    Also, standing united against the growing Cyborg threat seems more vital than ever.

"Interesting" is a very wide term. Dying constantly isn't. At least not when out trekking in Omni home lands.
    Then again, the current situation will inevitably change, and I'm sure you might have some of your wishes come true.
    Again, time will really be the telling factor. =)

/Pilker

Yeah, this is hardly a time of war at all. Radiman and Ross both want peace, so any acts of violence are looked down upon, if anything...

Not that I agree with that (I will kill an Omni on sight if at all possible), but those are the facts.

Don't go too far comparing a RPG (or any other game) to real life issues. How many people could withstand 10+ bullet hits and still be bragging about it afterwards? This is still a computer game, and a game is supoosed to be playable.

I suppose they will change over time

Following the storyline and events, I suppose several zones will have variations in their gas levels from time to time. I also think that there are plans for giving each side the ability to take control over certain areas.

- Banjosammy

Smile Suppression Fields Comment

Well,

I think suppression feilds are a great idea. I've been doing some thinking on this topic. If a war does break out, or say some clan or omni faction who don't like the peace or amnesty agreement decide to turn to terrorism. This could prove to be a very harmful threat to the suppression zones, they could easily target these zones and all chaos could ensue. Could you imagine a plot to blow up a suppression field generator in Athen. ( That is if they have generators, ) One way it would be recognized is that a boat load of Omni or Clan ( whichever ones are the terrorists ) would start pouring into Athen...then boom goes the generator and a large conflict could break out.

Re: Suppression zones arent realistic

Originally posted by Kristi3
    I want to see a mojor drop in suppression zones.

I think that it would be a lot more interesting and fun if all the zones outside towns (except near zone lines, grids and whompas) were dropped to 25%, and the political zones were dropped to 0%, with guard supervision.
    Be carefull what you wish for..

People are broken, and are not to be trusted with 0% gas.
    Vrischika
    Head Seer
    The Honored Maidens

But what about places like MMD where you have 25 areas surrounded by 100 areas. Where's the logic in that?
    -Pyetr

But what about places like MMD where you have 25 areas surrounded by 100 areas. Where's the logic in that?

Werd... I think that MMD is really bad because people can leave the supression in the middle of a fight...

I can see the point about the 0% zones... People are broken and perhaps that would be a bad idea, but as to the arguments of getting PvPd in Omni territory.....

How long do you think a Clanner would last if he/she set down in Omni Forrest. Everyone that was in his/her level range would immediately open fire. Flying overhead would be an option, but the closer that anyone got to a city, the more likely they would get carcassed.

I say that instead of letting this mysterious gas do the deciding, let the numbers do it. Make it painful and quick for anyone to enter the opposing sides' turf.

Just a thought. Shout back
    Being a circus trainer has to be the best job in the world, until the bears figure out how to take off the muzzle.

and around and around and around..

This topic is dead. It has been discussed over and over on these boards. And as AgentX said:this game is supposed to be playable. And its not a Counterstrike setting.

Val
    Xandro, neutral bureaucract