Thread: symbio graphs since a week ago wednessday

symbio graphs since a week ago wednessday

I'm finding them everywhere. Good stuff to a 195 21% deflection sheild. all sorts of morphs etc. Not that im complaing but it went from once in awhile to a total perliferation of symbio graphts everywhere.

Oh by the way last time this happened they took the things out of loot AKA yalmahas. so you guys may wanna stock up while you can.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Bahhhh

Annoying things now that nanoresist works .....hehe

Used to be able to root with a ql 3 detain customer =P

............and the damn things lock up my nano restoration for an hour... whats up with that?
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Get a feet of stone. Locks MC.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Anyone want to list the symbios that have the most use... getting close to 154 witch means alot of ql 200 mission blitzing .
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

Morphs, you mean the playful cub? What ql did you find it in?

Vitnirs

question

Does everyone else have the massive casting failure rate that I do on hacked grafts? I'm lucky if one in four tries works!

Re: question

Originally posted by Xurbax
    Does everyone else have the massive casting failure rate that I do on hacked grafts? I'm lucky if one in four tries works!
    There definitely seems to be an greatly increase failure rate.

I have a high QL Enhanced Senses boosted graft, it used to work pretty reliably. Not 100% of the time, but most times.

Failed the last 5 out of 5 times. I don't trust the thing AT ALL now. Its a piece of junk now.

It isn't clear to me why they are messing with grafts, seems to me that was one thing that didn't need messing with.

Question quality level

Interesting... Lately the anecdotal evidence that the quality level of the graft affected the casting failure rate seemed to be growing, but your experience with the Enhanced Senses graft directly contradicts that!

I'd like to do some testing on this, but I don't have a high-level character.
    If someone out there would be willing to give(/loan/sell) me high-quality graft (hacked preferably, since I won't be able to hack a high-Q one myself!) of some sort that isn't of any use to them (low +AC buff, avenging shield, anything like that), I will do some testing against my low-Q grafts for comparison. (Actually I presume that standard skill-buff ones act the same, and I have one or two of those that I haven't dumped in a shop-term yet, so anything like that would probably be useful as well.)

<Xurbax>

tests

I do have a reasonably high lvl char and have obtained said grafts, most useful being a lvl 200 enhanced senses which is now on a lvl 30 trader

It hasnt failed once in about 15 applications on the trader or 5 on my nt who is lots higher.

Also i have acquired some lower lvl engi/sol type AC buffs-these have failed maybe 25% of the time and are around lvl 45-50

Love Riz

ql 195 graph enhanced senses... 5 out of 5 corectly... makes the low ql ones worth less though.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Busted.
    Grounded.

hmm

Weird... Is Whatsamatta's experience just a case of really bad luck then? I would have suggested the possibility that the failure rate might also have something to do with ther caster's nanoskills, but Rizla has had great luck with a lower-level trader char...

Re: hmm

Originally posted by Xurbax

Weird... Is Whatsamatta's experience just a case of really bad luck then? I would have suggested the possibility that the failure rate might also have something to do with ther caster's nanoskills, but Rizla has had great luck with a lower-level trader char...

Yes, it could have been just a series of random number generations that did not go my way. I think mine is QL156.

This is a QL29:

http://v020u46eff.maximumasp.com/AOD...sp?AOID=125883

This is a QL200:

http://v020u46eff.maximumasp.com/AOD...sp?AOID=125884

The former has a 40% chance of failure, the latter only 5%.

Interpolating, my QL156 should have have about a 14% chance of failure. Chances of a string of five failures are very low, but certainly not impossible.

I don't think it has anything to do with my nanoskills. I'm a level 135 MP.

Exclamation ahah!

Ahah, so the failure rate is actually in the database! I have always used auno.org for item info, so I hadn't seen that.
    Thanks for the info Whatsamatta!

Yes, CastStunNano events in the database have a "chance" rate associated with them.

Most of the ones in weapons however around 1%-5% depending on the QL. Obviously, as shown with the example, it seems that higher QL hacked grafts have a much higher rate than lower QL ones--while the non-hacked version ( http://v020u46eff.maximumasp.com/AOD...sp?AOID=125882 ) has a set 100% rate on it.

-Jayde

well i use a feet of stone, ql 195.. locks MC for ~14 min i think,
    perfect for a MA who doesnt use MC, really nice to root the victim to be able to get close for dimach/shen .... or better yet, grabing yals out of the sky

btw, is there any good grafts that locks MM ?
    Znails

I thought funcom took grafts out of visible mission rewards, because I havent been able to roll any since 14.5.

Probably the most useful grafts are:

Feet of Stone (goes without saying)

Lesser Deflection Shield (Extended): locks TimeSpace for 13 min but gives an hour of 13% reflection...very rare grafts...useful for when soldiers arent around and probably will be *quite*valuable when soldier reflect buffs become self-only. I have 3 of these grafts, and I love having them. This is the very best reflection graft available...not sure where you're getting +21% reflection from unless you're talking about bracers. A 21% reflect is a q96 soldier nano and that level of nano doesnt exist on grafts.

Company Policy: Low level Doc team heal...not all that great, but in PvP is very useful for a non-healing class to have considering 50% dmg in PvP. The q200 version locks BM for 13 min. I have 4 of these.

Healing Touch: Low level MA heal...heals for about 180-360...again not great, but useful in pvp. LOCKS A DIFFERENT SKILL THAN THE COMPANY POLICY GRAFT. So, theoretically, a non-healing class can have 2 heals every 13 minutes. I have 3-4 of these somewhere.

Enhanced Senses: +15 to Sense, not all that great, an agent is usually closeby to buff this on you anyway. I have 1 of these.

Sparrow Flight/Playful Cub: Not useful really, just for fun grafts.

Glowing Retribution: a +99 to Hitpoints buff and adds to minor AC

Advanced Shielding Barrier/Wilderness Protection/Lesser Shielding Barrier/ Lesser Defensive Screen/Lesser Absorption Shield/Lesser Protective Field/Advanced Shielding Barrier - all of these raise AC's, the best one is Advanced Shielding Barrer +343 to all AC's I think, the equivalent of reducing dmg by 34 from mobs and 68 from players...lasts for 1 hour.
    Last edited by Psiraven; Sep 28th, 2002 at 11:38:10.
    MP's should be FEARED.

Now that makes sense.. as I have a QL 200 hacked AC buff graft that has never failed once, and my brother has the same graft only QL 70 or something and it fails a lot.

--K