Thread: Freelance: Smuggling is alive and well on Rubi-Ka

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: Smuggling is alive and well on Rubi-Ka

Smuggling is alive and well on Rubi-Ka
    October 13, 29481 - Ferrell [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - The recent influx of illegal armors tells us what we already know: smuggling is alive and well in Rubi-Ka. Despite the blockade by the alien invaders, or perhaps because of it, illegally imported goods are steadily rising on the black markets.

The armor pieces, reportedly a design by Miy based on the sturdy and efficient Nano Armor, have cropped up not only in the general public, but also in scattered caches in the untamed sectors of Rubi-Ka. It is thought that these caches in the wilderness are perhaps the wreckage of failed smuggling attempts. Some of the more secretive and mysterious denizens of Rubi-Ka, such as the Cyborgs and Medusa, have taken to wearing these armors in a piecemeal and ceremonial fashion.

The so-called Miy's armor is the latest addition to the growing number of illegal goods currently flooding the market, as reported before in July. All manner of illegal weaponry and armors are showing up on the public circuit, and are being touted by celebrities, fashionistas, and the affluent.

"What do you want us to do about it?" said Unicorn Lieutenant Maximillian Pfister. "There's a war going on out there, and we have barely enough troops to stem the tide as it is. Attacks occur on Rubi-Ka's cities on a daily basis. If I were to choose between flaming death by an alien raid or letting the occasional illegal shipment float by the blockade, I'm going to choose the latter."

Still, Omni-Pol states that it has several field agents dedicated to finding and intercepting smuggled shipments before these goods reach the underground black market. They have reported some success in capturing some of the goods before they hit the market, including a batch of stolen "Sangi" clothing by rising designer Lya and several large crates of prototype medical "Nano Assistants". Still, the perpetrators behind the smuggling operations on Rubi-Ka are still at large.

i keep liking the line out of omni-tek's mouth saying "we barely have enough troops" ^^
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Good to know that some Unicorns are able to keep their eyes on the zigball and focus on defeating the alien threat.

It's pretty easy to fill balloons with nano crystals and stims and smuggle them by making leets swallow them.

Or so I hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    It's pretty easy to fill balloons with nano crystals and stims and smuggle them by making leets swallow them.

Or so I hear.
    That may explain how Ownz got the way he is...

Let's see if Omni Tek can trace this one...

*contacts dealer*

*gets the armour*

*stays morphed and has allergies and keen sense of smell that warn her anyway of Omni Pol and Reform*

*Makes a few stims that should disguise it in a pinch*

Grins broadly and sets up shop, in a nearby cave.

Not going to add another post: I agree with PBF's next statement.
    Last edited by Jenshai; Oct 16th, 2007 at 17:10:03.
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

smuggling will never die really, guards are too easy to bribe
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

That is why we need robot guards urgently, like the ones that paraded in Borealis.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

then i'll shortcircuit them to get stuff through... erm i mean, robot guards sound good