Thread: ooc: event subscription

ooc: event subscription

to all RPers, it seems with the account page updates and all Funcom did, everyone signed up as wanting to join events (the checkbox) seems to have been resetted to non-checked, aka non participating. so might be good to go to register.funcom.com, login & re-check it asap
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

check
    --Victor "Eeod" Linear. R.U.R. Engineer --
    Hath not a machine gears?
    Hath not a machine cogs, racks, pinions, cutters, bearings, spindles?
    Fed with the same electric, hurt with the same bits of grit getting in our works, subject to the same gremlins, healed by the same brute force, ignorance and big hammer as a human is?
    If you program us, do we not manufacture?
    If you take us apart, do we not shoot springs all over the floor?
    If you oil us, do we not purr?
    And if you ignore us.......... Do we not get ideas?

(( 2 years later and I have yet to be kidnapped and abused.. what's a guy gotta do to get some action!?

And on a serious note.. fixed and checked.))
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

never mind, it seems when you log out of account page & relog to recheck, it's resetted to not participating again :/ wtb fix please FC
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilluck View Post
    (( 2 years later and I have yet to be kidnapped and abused.. what's a guy gotta do to get some action!?

And on a serious note.. fixed and checked.))
    Please understand that the sign up for events participation do not guarantee that something will happen to you, it only opens up for us in the ARK Events team to things like kidnapping, interrogations or other things without people knowing it first.

We have a large amount of people signed up for this and we don't have the manpower to use it very frequently, being an active member of the roleplaying community is my best recommendation and it will help you being noticed by both the roleplaying community and by us in ARK Events
    Assistant Director Qvam
    ARK Events Teeam

yep ;p that's why i don't complain if all rpers sign up we can't be kidnapped at the same time too but being signed up with the chance of being kidnapped and all is better than not being signed up with 0% chance

unfortunately the signup thing is broken

We are looking at the problem with the vanishing event sign-ups.
    ~ Aythem ~

- Become an AO tester!

Thanks for posting a notice, PBF.
    AO-Universe - The Leet Place To Be

Wow, every one is on the ball. Nice

Sidenote/thread Hijack: Does chacking that box put a flag over our head that only the ARKies can see? I know you guys are all hush hush about that kind of stuff, but I'm a tad curious.
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Qvam View Post
    Please understand that the sign up for events participation do not guarantee that something will happen to you, it only opens up for us in the ARK Events team to things like kidnapping, interrogations or other things without people knowing it first.

We have a large amount of people signed up for this and we don't have the manpower to use it very frequently, being an active member of the roleplaying community is my best recommendation and it will help you being noticed by both the roleplaying community and by us in ARK Events
    Oh, it was merely a jab, not on a completely serious note. I do understand that there are limitations to how many players you can kidnap and abuse every day
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts View Post
    Sidenote/thread Hijack: Does chacking that box put a flag over our head that only the ARKies can see? I know you guys are all hush hush about that kind of stuff, but I'm a tad curious.
    i think it gives us a flag enabling event ark's to pwn us at least it worked with me

I do understand that there are limitations to how many players you can kidnap and abuse every day
    true they're too busy thinking up plans to abuse me every day xD

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    i think it gives us a flag enabling event ark's to pwn us at least it worked with me

true they're too busy thinking up plans to abuse me every day xD
    Check and ditto.. having been assassinated I can vouch.. it does happen..

I never doubted it worked. I'm just curious how they know
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts View Post
    I never doubted it worked. I'm just curious how they know
    they see you as an easy target, like wounded prey for a lion, and strike hard

Easy target? well that explains why thy never came after me. HAH! I MADE FUNNIES!!!

but seriously, D6 has take more shots at me then Kotts would care to remember. I had a blast though
    Point Blank