Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freelance: Zigball, A Fading Sport?

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: Zigball, A Fading Sport?

Zigball: A Fading Sport?
    October 06, 29481 - Ferrell [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - With the recent players' strike and the disrupted professional schedule of games, Zigball is not having a very good season this year. Although the die-hard fans of the game still wave their pennants and cheer for their home teams, slacking attendance and "leeting" controversies have plagued this once-great sport.

"It's come to the point where you ask the new Arrivals from the ICC Shuttleport who they are going to cheer for, and they say 'Zig-what?'" says Arnold 'Artie' Grundy, a local fan of the Galway Titans. "What are the kids into, these days? They don't even know where the Zig-gurat is or when the Super Zig happens. And don't even try asking them about legends like Chan DeLeer and Iona Yahm. I blame that darn Gridstream radio."

Still, the Zigball management has other ideas. "We believe that it is only natural that such an old and acclaimed sport such as Zigball would decline in numbers, as the primary fan base starts to age," states Zigball marketing and advertising analyst Martin Zapp. "What we need to do is to appeal to the NEXT generation of Zigball fan. We have signed a deal with Phasefront to advertise in our games with their 'Generation N' extreme hoverboards, and plan to blitz the billboards with advertisements specifically appealing to our youth. We're cool, we're hip, and we're going places."

The new advertising campaign promotes various Zigball-related sports drinks, like New Giovanni SPORT. It also heavily promotes controversial players, such as Dan Geruss, who recently has been under fire for supposed "leeting" before games. The players are emblazoned with slogans such as "I am not a Role Model" and "Winning is Everything. Defeat means you are Nothing."

that reminds me... i got to set up my illegal betting office again while omni-pol seems to be sleeping mostly
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Illegal Bookmaking 101:
    Never admit openly on a public gridspace about your intentions on setting up such a business.
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

( Ferrell, just dropping a note. I really, REALLY like the stories you've been popping out. Keep it up man! )
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Quilluck View Post
    Illegal Bookmaking 101:
    Never admit openly on a public gridspace about your intentions on setting up such a business.
    that must be an omni rule then...

Illegal bookmaking 101 playboyfixer style:
    By spreading the word of setting up such a business (again) while already being wanted by Omni-Pol, it's just another arrest warrant more on your head, while spreading news for potential customers
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Well maybe the Rubi-Ka Zigball federation should advertise the sport on the billboards? That would help spread the word.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Tsk. One of these days your arrogance is going to get you either permakilled or arrested.
    Dr. Lasal Gerrick, PhD Advanced Nanotechnology

Lance-Corporal Jonathan "Salivice" Bixby
    http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...on=show&id=446

yes dabblez, don't be so arrogant

I was speaking to YOU, playboyfixer.

oh pffff... omni-pol couldn't arrest me if i was ensnared...

Oh yes we could. If you can't move, you cant hack into the grid and escape, now can you?

actually i can

Im disinclined to believe that.

Harrise I'd advise you to get some Agents or Bureaucrats to Stun playboyfixer to prevent his escape. Roots and snares won't stop him griding out, a stun surely will.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

got to get in close reach first though especially now you made both him and me aware of that possibility

Better get really good at spotting Agent's hiding nearby or be forever and constantly on the move, cause you'll never know when one's lying in wait for you.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

i am constantly on the move, and when i'm not, like in Old Athens, i mostly got my personal Vanguard Watcher or Commander (depends who's on duty) guarding me

even Silverstone said he'd be watching my back too

Which is why I wouldn't BOTHER coming after you without fifteen or twenty AF battalions, and dozens of agents. Fortunately for you, the corporation doesn't have that kind of manpower to spare at the moment.

good to know though, might be useful to set up clan assaults while you're low on manpower

::chuckles:: Ha ha. We're not THAT low on manpower that we can't defend our own territories. And besides, now we know your planning them, and can prepare accordingly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast