Thread: Freelance: Haunted Shop Terminals: Supernatural Phenomenon or Hoax?

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: Haunted Shop Terminals: Supernatural Phenomenon or Hoax?

Haunted Shop Terminals: Supernatural Phenomenon or Hoax?
    October 05, 29481 - Ferrell [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - The commerce terminals of the Upper Stret East Bank have always been a bazaar for the bizarre, with entrepreneurs selling diverse products in a flea market setting. Recently, several merchants found their terminals mysteriously vandalized, their wares replaced with cult-related items. This has led to a panic, culminating in a temporary shutdown of the market buildings. While the investigation is ongoing, the perpetrators have not been found. Rumours persist of a "Notum Ghost" plying its invisible hand upon the terminals and haunting the market buildings.

The terminals appear to have been altered in a relatively short span of time with no records of any person acting on the terminals. Apparently, no footage of the perpetrators was found on the security camera archive. Various items, including several robes and rings, were identified as the accoutrement of the Cult of the Three Winds. These items appear to be identity-locked to prevent trading, which prevented the merchants from removing these items from their terminals. Normally, the lock would also prevent these cult items from being transferred to the market terminal in the first place.

Officials believe that this activity may be a hoax perpetrated by the Cult with the motive of advancing the Cult's shadowy agenda. "Unlike in other cases of commerce terminal vandalism, no credits were stolen," stated Chief Inspector Nathan Drummard. "In prior cases, the credit theft would directly point to hackers, probably looking to make a quick buck. In this case, however, the terminals were just simply vandalized."

When viewing the archive footage at the IRRK home office, however, there were a few anomalies showing a "bright blue mist", possibly a nanite cloud, hovering around the affected terminals just moments before the evidence was discovered by the first merchant on the scene. This "bright blue mist" has also been linked to the rumours of the "Notum Ghost", a supernatural entity that recently entered the folklore of Omni-Tek water cooler chat.

In the meantime, Omni-Tek officials have quarantined the affected terminals, and market activity has slowed to a trickle while the investigation continues. "It's really scary," says Selmah Lee, a local meta-physicist. "No one wants to shop at a haunted terminal. It's like something out of a horror holo-vid."

This is very concerning and possibly more widespread than initially thought, My own shop terminal has once before seemingly been hacked in a similar way with very odd items showing up in it, some of which were also identity locked.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

"No one wants to shop at a haunted terminal. It's like something out of a horror holo-vid."

i for one would love to shop from haunted terminals, it gives marketing that little edge
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

On a tangent issue

Why don't Omni-Tek and the Clans like profit?

Why do they exclude -neutrals- from shopping at their stores? Does that make any sense?
    I undestand them excluding each other, but they have no reason to ban us and spit their own credit balances.

As for the terminals...

*whistles innocently and walks off in an "incon****ious" manner*
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshai View Post
    On a tangent issue

Why don't Omni-Tek and the Clans like profit?

Why do they exclude -neutrals- from shopping at their stores? Does that make any sense?
    I undestand them excluding each other, but they have no reason to ban us and spit their own credit balances.

As for the terminals...

*whistles innocently and walks off in an "incon****ious" manner*
    From what I have seen from shopping in Neutral markets and shopping in Omni Markets, Omni-Tek Subsidizes everything, allowing loyal citizens to get goods cheaper, I don't think they'd want to sell those same subsidized goods to Neutral citizens as the Subsidy is like a small loyalty reward, sorry.

As for the clans, well we know how much they like Neutrals, not only won't they sell to Neutral citizens but I believe you're still killed on sight in Tir.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

that's omni propaganda :O you can't use 1 raging commander as a standard for all the clans, Jacobi would love to sell to the neutrals
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

It may well be propaganda, that however doesn't stop it being true, I only cited Tir as one of the better known areas that is Anti Neutral, there may be others I don't know of though.

And as for Jacobi wanting to sell to the Neutrals, well he doesn't so it would seem to me that someone's not telling the truth on that matter.

actually he does, when neutrals go buy in old athens and all

Moderated.

Removed off-topic and out of character replies.
    Advisor Kruceas (Paragon)
    Media Productions
    Community Relations Department
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forums Social Guidelines