Thread: "we do not have the quality needed..."

Unhappy "we do not have the quality needed..."

Has this ever stopped them before? lol...

I really do not care much - 14.5 adds more lame outdoor hunting... It's crappy XP anyway. Altho it might be 'easier' XP if you have a Crat/NT in your group.

Sadly tho outdoor hunting is gonna be gay until they fix monster warping. Common Funcom! I dont not pay for this game every month to not have even the most basic laws of physics in place.

If I'm standing ontop of a large rock and shoot down at melee monsters, They SHOULD be helpless! That should be the advantage of long range combat professions with little or no defence (namely NTs).

Now i can understand a monster climbing ontop of a 10 foot baulder maybe. But when your talking a sheer 50 foot rock face... they should be helpless.

And before the first 'idoit' says ~ "Oh no, then ranged classes would be able to level like uber l337 HaX0rz with no fear of death." Well you're wrong. This has been implemented in other MMOs to great success... Asheron's Call for instance.

Simply advantage of highground. Nothing wrong with that.

Flame Away.

my first flame

Ok, this is my first flame, because no one had flamed it so far.

Err, your of below grade intelligence for suggesting common sence.

that didnt sound good, let me try again

FLAME~!

nope didnt work either.

so I have to say i really agree with what you said, i like high ground advantage. My first lame flame attempt fizzled, so instead

OOOGA BOOGA!
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Re: my first flame

Originally posted by Animosity

Err, your of below grade intelligence for suggesting common sence.

that didnt sound good, let me try again

FLAME~!

nope didnt work either.

so I have to say i really agree with what you said, i like high ground advantage. My first lame flame attempt fizzled, so instead

OOOGA BOOGA!
    lol!
    Obit lvl 218 Soldier (Field Marshal)

Re: "we do not have the quality needed..."

Originally posted by Tieku
    If I'm standing ontop of a large rock and shoot down at melee monsters, They SHOULD be helpless! That should be the advantage of long range combat professions with little or no defence (namely NTs).

Now i can understand a monster climbing ontop of a 10 foot baulder maybe. But when your talking a sheer 50 foot rock face... they should be helpless.

And before the first 'idoit' says ~ "Oh no, then ranged classes would be able to level like uber l337 HaX0rz with no fear of death." Well you're wrong. This has been implemented in other MMOs to great success... Asheron's Call for instance.

Simply advantage of highground. Nothing wrong with that.

Flame Away.
    if we follow the rules of physics and nature, the melee mobs would run away so unless you could kill them in one hit you wouldn't get a single kill this way. It's called survival instinct, even the most retarded creature would run away

If somebody were shooting at me (oh .... let's say I were a Rhinoman and somebody was shooting at me from the top of a sheer cliff face) I'd ummm .... errr .... oh, yeah! Run away.

If I was not able to reach you to smash yer face in I'd run away. Who sez Rhinomen are stupid.

Thus we have a better game instead of the worse game we have now. We could actually simulate 'beating the brushes' to herd the RhinoMen into the waiting sights of a hunting party.

If I were a fish and someone threw a rock in my pond I would (here we go again) ummm .... errr ... eh, oh yeah! Swim in the opposite direction of the rock. This would actually lead to some perhaps fun situation with people on either side of a lake, lets say, and the frenzied fish having no idea where to run and hide.

Sometimes I worry that FunCom is not actually totally incompetent, but rather they are on a vendetta to make the game as unrealistic as possible.

Oh, look! A pistol. I got 15 bazillion in Pistol skill. Hrmmm ... why can't I pick it up. Oh, that's right I'm ____ (fill in the blank):

- Not profession ____

or

- Not level ____

Fill in them blanks as well.

Re: my first flame

Originally posted by Animosity
    OOOGA BOOGA!
    OOOGA BOOGA!
    Last edited by Caol; Sep 11th, 2002 at 21:43:39.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

LOL

I didnt even bother trying t mention monster AI

Funcom would never do anything to make this game smart in any way =)

While nuking a group of monster from a cliff, they turn to look at you... 2 second pass and thier right in your face high atop your vantage point. *sigh*

Just as a side note, knowing full well funcom will never do anything right. How about some creatures are smart enough to run away, and some are stupid and panic (run in circles) ???

Just a thought.

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    If somebody were shooting at me (oh .... let's say I were a Rhinoman and somebody was shooting at me from the top of a sheer cliff face) I'd ummm .... errr .... oh, yeah! Run away.

If I was not able to reach you to smash yer face in I'd run away. Who sez Rhinomen are stupid.

Thus we have a better game instead of the worse game we have now. We could actually simulate 'beating the brushes' to herd the RhinoMen into the waiting sights of a hunting party.

If I were a fish and someone threw a rock in my pond I would (here we go again) ummm .... errr ... eh, oh yeah! Swim in the opposite direction of the rock. This would actually lead to some perhaps fun situation with people on either side of a lake, lets say, and the frenzied fish having no idea where to run and hide.

Sometimes I worry that FunCom is not actually totally incompetent, but rather they are on a vendetta to make the game as unrealistic as possible.

Oh, look! A pistol. I got 15 bazillion in Pistol skill. Hrmmm ... why can't I pick it up. Oh, that's right I'm ____ (fill in the blank):

- Not profession ____

or

- Not level ____

Fill in them blanks as well.

Err you're confusing game physics with mob AI... just because the mobs are dumb dosnt meen they should be able to just fly up the side of a rock.
    Rk1- Sol Epsilon3

-Gameover Man
    -Summoned, I come. I take the place which has been Prepared for me. I am grey, I stand between the candle and the star. We are grey, we stand between the darknes, and the light.

Has this ever stopped them before? lol...
    It stopped them this time.

FC is showing promise for once, quit whining about it.

I agree with the rest of your post though =D

I would just like snares/fears/roots to work like in eq.. ya know.. they just work correctly and last for more than 2 seconds. if i root a mob and shoot it from a distance, my dmg shouldnt break root (or snare) for that matter.. have a set timer. Its not a hard concept to work out.