Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: IRRK: Phasefront, an ecological disaster?

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: Phasefront, an ecological disaster?

Phasefront, an ecological disaster?
    September 26, 29481 - [Global]

INewland (IRRK) - Since Phasefront's announcement to open a shop in Newland, on the Newland Lake specifically, various environmental groups have raised their concerns about this endeavour.

Local groups, like the one led by Miss Ernetta, a former candidate during the mayoral elections of Newland, as well as small Departments of Omni-Tek who are responsible for analysing ecological impacts of the corporations various projects - yeah, right - up to such well known groups as the infamous Eco Warriors under the lead of Kisra Delus.

All have filed petitions with either the Newland Council or Phasefront to point out that the planned structure within the Lake will have a tremendous negative impact on the local wildlife and the water quality. The most pessimistic voices use the lake east of Newland City in the Newland Desert as an example of the lake's future.

Mayor King had the following statement for us: "I'm happy that the inhabitants of Newland care for their home to this extend, but I can assure you that the Council would never allow anyone to destroy the sensitive environment of our precious home.". The official statement by Phasefront about this was: "Phasefront is aware of its responsibility towards nature and takes every possible step to protect it from any possible impact our facilities might have. The shop in Newland Lake will be highly self-contained and only use resources provided by the city's supplies. Furthermore, all types of waste will be recycled, cleaned and properly disposed. The continued badmouthing of our corporation is clearly initiated by either our business opponent or Mayor King's political and economical opponents."

While the ecological concerns are most likely based on nothing but bad dreams, there are some valid points which must be addressed. The design and placement of the shop does not fit at all in the beautiful scenery of Newland Lake. The monstrous concrete island in the middle of this magnificent lake will utterly destroy its tourist appeal to everyone not born in Borealis. To this complaint, our Mayor had to say: "While not everyone might like the design, the positive impact of its presence will be far larger than the negative. There will definitely be more people visit Newland with the shop than without."

Call one of them chinese geomancer kooks in and get their word on it. Im sure with some mirrors and some hokey voodoo everything will be back on track.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

i wanna meet kisra again :O i'll wear my shorts again too then
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Equilibrium is so underrated these days.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

As I told the protesters I met yesterday.. bring me proof that the new shop will pollute the area and I will sign the petition. Sadly they ignored my questions regarding this proof and also ignored my comments that surely we would be seeing pollution from the massive amount of supply ships inbound to Newland already.

From what I have seen of the structure it seems to be a very nice addition to the lake and might actually attract more tourists than the lake alone.

That being said, bring me some concrete facts and I will gladly sign the petition and even take one of those blue coats.
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

Newland lake is, has been and should remain the natural jewel of Newland. I'm disappointed in the Newland Council for allowing such horrendous construction plans to take place. Such actions show that in a decade's time, Rubi-Ka will be starved of natural beauty.

The water quality of Newland lake is unstable enough with the BB and NL Council pouring it's waste into it. Examples North-east of NL such as the ponds in Tir Desert show just how unstable the water quality in that area is. The local wildlife of NL flourishes due to the drinkable quality of the water. Do we want to turn the oasis of NL lake as it currently is into a industrialised wasteland like so many other natural beauties of Rubi-Ka!? I think not.

What's next? A BB on the notum tree? Give me a break. Huge commendation to the ICC, to the involved departments of Omni-Tek and of course the NL Council for putting the well being of the natural life of Rubi-Ka before the amount they're payed by Phasefront.

Corruption, War, and Pollution. What a bright future Rubi-Ka holds.
    Xaislain (212/19) Opifex Saviour

The jewel of newland shouldn't be just the lake.
    I'm actually a huge fan of camping around newland and its deserts. I dunno if you know this or not, but from what i understand of it... the newland city council is actually rather aware of its ecological concerns and they do quite a bit to handle it. Unfortunately, Newland is not as wealthy as say Omni-tek or Clan cities, where pollution is much more rampant.

If by the fact you mean the eyesores that are the wreckages of fallen transports and the various modes of junk.. thats just blight, which can be cleaned up, with the help of 'ecologically conscious people' like yourself.

If you wanna see change, i'd just assume that one should roll up their sleeves and get started.

In newland, there is life under every rock. I'd like to think that outside of the most outstanding places where the natural habitat is actually dangerous to most people... newland is rather lush comparatively to the rest of the desert that is out there.

If youre up to the task, make friends with the rhinos.. east of newland there is a massive crater thats incredibly well maintained. There is a tribe out that way that could tell you everything you ever wanted to know about the deserts.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Sep 28th, 2007 at 15:52:04.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

This is my take on it.

Basically I want the Bronto burger torn down too and the bike shop can go into the slums, like opposite the other Bronto and with that dodgey place the "Neuts R Us" where the Omni's seem to gather for their "perculiar" reasons.

There is plenty of space and I won't have to get my sister to stand there and protest maybe vandalise the construction, if they do!

*goes off with fists clenched to book a shuttle, find the Trader and kill him*

*also looks distraught that New Lands will become a big city*

This will ruin the appeal of New Lands City, it is a sleepy little place, if you are trying to relieve the demands on the Borealius infrustructure, I think this is a bad way to go about it.

*goes to see if she can get and engineer to shut the woopa door to Borealius shut down*
    Last edited by Jenshai; Sep 28th, 2007 at 19:22:00.
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshai View Post
    This is my take on it.

Basically I want the Bronto burger torn down too and the bike shop can go into the slums, like opposite the other Bronto and with that dodgey place the "Neuts R Us" where the Omni's seem to gather for their "perculiar" reasons.

There is plenty of space and I won't have to get my sister to stand there and protest maybe vandalise the construction, if they do!

*goes off with fists clenched to book a shuttle, find the Trader and kill him*

*also looks distraught that New Lands will become a big city*

This will ruin the appeal of New Lands City, it is a sleepy little place, if you are trying to relieve the demands on the Borealius infrustructure, I think this is a bad way to go about it.

*goes to see if she can get and engineer to shut the woopa door to Borealius shut down*
    May I Politely suggest that if you are so opposed to progress that you go and live in a cave without any advantages of technology somewhere out in the Outzones that have as yet not been terraformed, all this talk of 'Rubi-Ka's Natural Beauty' is a complete load of rubbish as by our mere presence here we've already ruined any 'Natural' beauty in many places we visit, except for a few of the outzones the Unicorns need our help to fight the Alien menace in.

A Little more man made construction, be it buildings or further terraforming isn't going to change that.
    Last edited by Ebondevil; Sep 28th, 2007 at 23:24:06.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

I signed up strait away. Don't want to see the animal life along the lake hurt.
    Think of all the traffick, all the garbage people toos around.
    I have even heard that GSP are planing to have partys there, and guess where all the empty bottles will end up? Thats right. Strait into the lake.
    Keep it up protseters. You have my full support
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Now hold on, Let us look at things reasonably.
    1. What do we know of Phasefront Vehicles?
    2. What do we know about how other Phasefront manufacturing facilities are being operated?
    3. Why in the middle of Newland lake?
    Makes more since to put a shop in Newland City then outside it. The one reason Newland City doesn't get more traffic is the grid access is outside the City. Want more traffic to Newland, move the grid access, but that is another subject all together.
    4. Where is and who has done an environmental impact study? Omni Corporation or privately done for Newland council? Either way would like to see a independent study done. Seems the Newland Mayor will do anything to get new businesses into Newland, but fair enough since greed of a government means more then the citizens or the beauty that will be destroyed.

Neutrals Unite for Neutral Freedoms and life
    Stand together as one!

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    May I "politely" suggest that if you are so opposed to progress that you go and live in a cave without any advantages of technology somewhere out in the Outzones that have as yet not been terraformed, all this talk of 'R
    The source of the life may not be natural, but Omni-Tek is not there making the life grow and spread.

I would like to point out that Ebondevil is Omni himself, that New Lands is a Neutral city and thus anything he says probably just builds a stronger case for us.
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshai View Post
    The source of the life may not be natural, but Omni-Tek is not there making the life grow and spread.
    Of course you're right, the fact that the majority of areas that Omni-Tek controls have been terraformed and are now beautiful places to visit and the majority of clan controlled areas are practically cesspools of toxic waste has nothing to do with Omni-Tek trying to make the planet a better and more pleasant place to live.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Of course you're right, the fact that the majority of areas that Omni-Tek controls have been terraformed and are now beautiful places to visit and the majority of clan controlled areas are practically cesspools of toxic waste has nothing to do with Omni-Tek trying to make the planet a better and more pleasant place to live.
    actually go outside omni-ent, the forest line near the city is full of toxic waste barrels dumped by omni-tek, but how about inside omni-ent? the vast sewer system that dumps it all into the sea... or what about the fact 2 giant slugs have appeared in omni-ent so far, and no weird creatures in clan land (except the odd omni running by)... or maybe the fact that some days when you fly over an omni territory the smog's so big you would only see the building in front of your yalm when you're 1 second of crashing into it
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

And I suppose the reason that Trash king have set up camp in Clan-land is because it is so clean there? hehe.
    Omni, neuts, clan... No one is better than the other.
    Lets atleast save the lake from becomming the next junk yard
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

Trash King came to clan-land cause of our excellent dental plan, and we don't annoy him as much as omni-tek does

in fact, was so filthy in OT land even TK ran off

Yawn, your stabs at Omni-Tek is flaccid and unimaginative as usual, pbf.

So then, where is the research done on the possible natural disaster? I wouldn't mind some reading material on a slow evening.
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    Lets atleast save the lake from becomming the next junk yard
    I dont think its really in phasefront's plan to turn its locality into a junkyard. Business doesn't work that way. If such were the case, then every shop in existance would be standing on top of its own junkheap.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I think all the eco-whiners just needed a new bone to chew on. The real eco-workers are cleaning up, not bitching about whats dirty. Everywhere is dirty! Everywhere needs cleaning! Even Mark Twain said 'those who are entitled to complain, have every single topic in existance to complain about'.

Seriously folks, the sky is not falling. And people and places are always gunna be what people and places are, and thats always in need of landscape work.

I find it particularly funny people are bitching about Newland, but not Infestation, which is entirely populated by poor people and mutants. While youre there, you might also recognize this is the spot that was the Baraton's back yard when the attacks where happening. I guess the ghetto's of rubi-ka get no love, but the lake in newland is ooooh so much more precious. But who cares about Infestation, they are just people, right? *eyeroll*

For the love of rubi-ka, are you telling me you needed something new to complain about, rather than the entire line of things that came before it??

The public memory is soooo short these days.

Pff... morons. The planet aint dying. We are.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

This isn't a implant shop that we are talking about, but a big shop in the middle of a lake.
    people throw trash around. They always do that, and if the shop are located in a lake, you throw it in the water so that no one will see it.
    Now, think about all the people that will visit this shop and you can imagine how much trash we are talkng about.
    The water will be poluted and the ecosystem will suffer. You don't need to be a braniac or do research to figure that out.
    People throw trash, and trash is bad for the nature. It's as simple as that.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast