Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IRRK: Phasefront, an ecological disaster?

Looks to me that RUR should come in action and invent a cleaning robot which operates on land as well in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    This isn't a implant shop that we are talking about, but a big shop in the middle of a lake.
    people throw trash around. They always do that, and if the shop are located in a lake, you throw it in the water so that no one will see it.
    Now, think about all the people that will visit this shop and you can imagine how much trash we are talkng about.
    The water will be poluted and the ecosystem will suffer. You don't need to be a braniac or do research to figure that out.
    People throw trash, and trash is bad for the nature. It's as simple as that.
    Well, congratulations.. you win the common sense prize. I'll tell you what else is simple. Its entirely simple that people throw trash at alot of things, including the water. So why is Newland Lake more important that other places? I'm still waiting on an answer to that bit.

But if it means that much to ya, you can always stand guard and put potential vandals to the sword if you wish. *shrug*

I still think its elitist crap. You either do something positive about it, or you go on your merry. Now THAT is simple. Everything else is just noise, and no one respects noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaupin View Post
    Looks to me that RUR should come in action and invent a cleaning robot which operates on land as well in the water.
    See, even Chaupin is on the right track!
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I have never said that the lake is more important that other places, but just because we have ruined other places, dosen't mean that we have to ruin this one to.
    Build the shop inside the city or build it in the dessert where it dosen't do any harm, and i won't say anything. The city will still benefit from it and the lake is saved.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

aha! so building on the lake = ecological disaster, but building in the desert isn't?

what about species who migrate and pass through the exact spot the city would be in, totally confused about the building there and maybe going on the wrong way, ending up dead cause they didn't return to their spot to breed. or maybe little creatures with hives under the ground, and you just plant a heavy building on top of it, might end up collapsing the hive...

wherever you plant something, something's bound to happen. besides, there's no fish or shark in newland lake anymore, and from what i heard the hoverboards and jetbikes won't be using fuel, thus no polluting with gasses
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Ahh for Buffys sake.
    Animals need water. The water gets poluted by trash. I didn't say anything about gasses. I said trash.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

Another fine option would be, to give the Newland swimming brigades a garbage bag or two and have them clean up the water if any trash would fall in. That way they would do a fine job at keeping the newland beaches safe.

This isn't a implant shop that we are talking about, but a big shop in the middle of a lake.
    people throw trash around. They always do that, and if the shop are located in a lake, you throw it in the water so that no one will see it.
    Now, think about all the people that will visit this shop and you can imagine how much trash we are talkng about.
    The water will be poluted and the ecosystem will suffer. You don't need to be a braniac or do research to figure that out.
    People throw trash, and trash is bad for the nature. It's as simple as that.
    Well then, the problem is not the shop it's the people, so why don't you make it you're personal mission to stake out the shop and kill anyone who litters, that should quickly put a stop to any trash build-up.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

I have never said that the lake is more important that other places, but just because we have ruined other places, dosen't mean that we have to ruin this one to.
    Ahhh, okay.. so.. its ok to forget all the other problems, as long as we dont create new ones... got it. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Ahh for Buffys sake.
    Animals need water. The water gets poluted by trash. I didn't say anything about gasses. I said trash.
    And mosquitos drink blood; and eremites eat people! Where is the line?

Well I mean, you do realize that everything we say and do causes an ecological problem. Before Newland was even a city, something else was there before it. We have since forgotten what it may be, but I am quite sure whatever lived there before people did, got pushed to the wayside by us.

Lather, rinse, and repeat for every major city, town, industry, and mining facility, on this planet... and what do you have? You have tons and tons of what these people would call 'eco disasters'.

Cause and effect, that is. A better word would be 'Evolution', however cold it may sound in this particular situation. You really have to draw the line on the priority on what is a problem and what isn't. A bigger crime would be not to teach our little ones what recycling is. It's all nanobots anyway.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Oct 3rd, 2007 at 17:23:57.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I think we are underestimating mother nature by being so arrogant as to believe that some plastic and various trash would somehow end up destroying an entire lake. It's as simple as following Chaupin's idea and have the fine people of RUR create a bot that will clean along the water any trash and various other .. stuff ..

To think that the trash we throw away will somehow destroy the lake to a degree that it will kill wildlife is just not plausible in my mind. This is the 295th century..

This looks more like a desperate attempt to make Mayor King seem like the bad guy..
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

How shall I say this..
    No. I didn't forget all the other places, but this gridfeed wasn't about them. It was about the Newland Lake. The area around the city is mostly a dessert and it need it's water for the animal life. I am not againt building the new shop. Just don't build it where it can do the most damage. There are plenty of open areas around Newland where they can put it and the city would still benefit from it.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

I find it deliciously ironic that people are up in arms about protecting the "Natural Beauty" of a terraformed world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

Terraformed yes but the life that breeds there is not grown each generation in a laboratory.

This is us being active, working with all the red tape to try and prevent this disaster.

Again I say it prevent.
    Bubba highlighted how effective we are at curing.
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

So this all boils down to sacrificing a shop for scenery, or vice versa? Guess it depends on which is more sensible, and neither are an absolute necessity, (save for the lake being Newlands main water source). They only help boost Newlands economy in different ways, the lake being a nice tourist spot, and Phasefront paying a huge monthly rent to NL city to let them put their shop there. Each attracting people in it's own way, a wide open view of nature or holographic images and showcase models. At the very worst I'd think the new phasefront shop would give Yalmaha some serious competition, possibly even put them out of buisness on (this) planet. So far as I've heard no harm has come to the lake yet, but maybe I just tend to think of it as a giant billboard, your right they could have just made it 1 or 2 terminals on the shoreline and foregoed all the fancy lights and displays, but that's not hardly as noticable to attract people. It's in the hands of the people of NL and Mayor King for the moment to decide, and King seems to have made up his mind. Personally I'd prefer they put a shop outside Rome as well for faster access.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see it as a terrorist target in the near future, or even a corporate target for OT to take over and claim for themselves, (we DON'T want another corporate war to brew either). I honestly think Phasefront believed it to be the most Neutral location to place it, not faction wise, but enviromentally and economically.But wheter you want to destroy the enviroment to make money or halt progress to save it is the fine line to cross here.
    Last edited by Armadyl; Oct 10th, 2007 at 08:29:05.

The Newland City Council would not have let Phasefront Build their shop on the lake w/o tight controls on pollution going into their primary water source, they're not that stupid, so I'm not going to worry about that aspect. It -is- a bit too garish but one hopes the fees Phasefront is paying to Newland City is put to good use cleaning up the city itself, especially all those junkyards. Phasefront should also have been contracted to pay some annual fees to local environmental groups to diffuse the costs those groups will incur while evaluating the environmental impact of the new structure on the lake. As to where else they might locate, I wouldn't have minded a small shop in Tir or Old Athens but the license fees on Rubi-Ka are such that they can only afford a single location at this time and had to make the most of it.

i just seen the phase front show room today.. wtf!

they totally ruined the lake..

i want addresses of the ceo of phasefront and the mayor of new land so i can kill them both, and burn their skined, urine soaked bodies with the rest of the show room when i torch the ****er..

seriously this is the worse building placement EVER!
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

Quote Originally Posted by Quilluck View Post
    I think we are underestimating mother nature by being so arrogant as to believe that some plastic and various trash would somehow end up destroying an entire lake.
    Mother Nature? This is Rubi-Ka! The entire habitable planet is terraformed and controlled by weather satellites! The only 'Nature' here is artificially created and maintained. Theres hardly a 'Mother nature'. However, I agree with Bubba. The rest of Rubi-Ka needs care too, not just some pretty little lake that Phasefront built a multi-trillion credit showroom facility on. I don't know how many times I've walked through Omni-1 Trade District and been disgusted at how people would just throw away they're old bots and cars, or in Hope or 20k, where theres pools of toxic waste just sitting there. What about them? And then what about the abandoned Section of the Clon**** Notum mines? The place is filled with spiders, toxic waste, and junk. And of course, hardly anyone even knows the place exists! And the Valley north of Athens! Its FILLED with junk, rubble, and wreckage. Or the subway systems! They're all abandoned, and have since become filled with the common dregs of society. I think that if someone is going to complain about the environment, they should at least mention ALL of the problem areas. Like, for example, the entire Galaxy. But first they should try cleaning it up. Then they won't be quite so loud.
    Dr. Lasal Gerrick, PhD Advanced Nanotechnology

Lance-Corporal Jonathan "Salivice" Bixby
    http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...on=show&id=446

If we try to take all the places at once, nothing will be done.
    It will be just words, words, words
    The lake seemd like a good place to start since it wasn't destroyd yet.
    And if I see a shop in Trade that is overpriced, I can say that to the owner without mentioning a shop in Borialis that does the same thing. We don't have to list all the places everytime. We know there are trash outside entertaiment, but this gridfeed wasn't about that, it was about the lake
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

Well I for one will never use the Phasefront shop.

This protest was too little to late, the builders probably knew it was going to be contested so it was steam rolled ahead.

My worst memory of now is saving that sleezy Trader, I should have killed him.

*buys return ticket off world on a Clan smuggling ship to hunt him down*

Oh and total boycott of the area. I don't use the grid point, Borealius is now, never thought to say it... prettier.

My home *sobs* I now pass through New Land City through the woompas, I am camping with the Rhino Men in Varmint Woods if any one needs me.

People that talk to me from their boards and bikes? They are ignored, you want to talk to me? Get off that rattling piece of junk that is ruining our planet.
    Last edited by Jenshai; Oct 16th, 2007 at 15:02:31.
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

The dealership is nice, but placed horribly. It ruined one of the most placid scenes on Rubi-Ka.

Doesn't stop them from getting my business though, despite me branding the dealership "the mistake on the lake".
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast