Thread: Omni-Mining wages too low for life?

Omni-Mining wages too low for life?

"Caral" Morina has been spotted several times this week healing both Clanners and Neutrals at omni-tek tower mining sites for a fee. When asking her about this on a grid channel she said she had no comments, and was late for food at the local soup kitchen.

Asking around more workers from Omni-Mining claimed too that the current wages aren't enough to last a month, even on rations and without electricity and water, or even without apartment. Some say they don't blame Caral for her actions, and that they might start doing the same to earn some pocket money on the side.

Might this be cause of omni-mining's bad quotes, or has omni-tek started to lower wages from all departments, soon making us see other workers help out enemies for side-cash too? Keep reading to find out more!
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

*blinks*

I see... Time to discuss the subject "Omni-Reform and me" with fellow employees I think.

Omni-Mining
    This department oversees all mining operations on Rubi-Ka, Notum and otherwise. They also handle the allocation, out-of-corporation sales, and on-planet transportation of raw materials on Rubi-Ka. Due to a minor technicality that pre-dates Clan uprisings, Omni-Mining operates as an arm of Omni-Engineering, but has its own independent leadership. In addition, they have their own internal goals that include, but aren't limited to, anti-union enforcement and control of policing activity in mines and their associated facilities. Omni-Mining was once a quaint, quietly-run department, but once it was discovered that Clan activity originated in their men, they became much more authoritative and rigid.

Well if you think about it, it makes sense. With 4 Holes invaded by Clan forces, Omni-Mining's profits must be down.

People sometimes seem to think that Omni's are made of money, but the simple truth is we work hard but there is a lot of competition and sometimes making ends meet, to the pay the bills and provide for the kids takes everything you got.

What perhaps doesn't make much sense is Playboyfixer ratting on someone for assisting Clanners. Makes you think whose side is PBF really on?
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

What?

Omni-Mining personell gets paid?
    --Victor "Eeod" Linear. R.U.R. Engineer --
    Hath not a machine gears?
    Hath not a machine cogs, racks, pinions, cutters, bearings, spindles?
    Fed with the same electric, hurt with the same bits of grit getting in our works, subject to the same gremlins, healed by the same brute force, ignorance and big hammer as a human is?
    If you program us, do we not manufacture?
    If you take us apart, do we not shoot springs all over the floor?
    If you oil us, do we not purr?
    And if you ignore us.......... Do we not get ideas?

maybe it has something to do with that omni-mining does makes profit?
    Nothing beats a Macfluffy!
    "Proud citizen of Omni-Tek and corporal of Omni-Pol"

Quote Originally Posted by Dabblez View Post
    but there is a lot of competition and sometimes making ends meet, to the pay the bills and provide for the kids takes everything you got.
    Competition??
    That's a new one, I must say.

What propaganda the local "Kermit" shovels at me keeps teling me that OT-RK owns the planet, has no competition - legal or otherwise, makes huge profits every month in all production branches, has the clammers on their heels (where they've apparantly been for more than the 5 years I've been here ) and are bringing the neuts back to not only work but fight for OT-RK..

Are you saying all this is false??

Yeah, it takes quite the paycheck to make ends meet, but since the suits, who decide what people get paid, have all these things taken care of people will have to find other means.
    The sad state of OT-RK can also be seen by the sheer number of students (med school, engineering academy, business schools just to name a few) are put to work hunting down insurgents and criminals, a job one would think was what Omni-Pol and Omni-AF were set up to handle.
    What perhaps doesn't make much sense is Playboyfixer ratting on someone for assisting Clanners. Makes you think whose side is PBF really on?
    His own, presumably.
    Really bad sportsmanship to rat on someone helping him/his "side" though.
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

well, as my comm somehow messed up and it's revealed i'm ChitChat inc's main editor, might as well give in to that

but then again let's see omni-pol try to catch me for this, profit rolls in with masses, even outside rubi-ka i get intrested magazine lines for the columns

and on a side-note: i never ratted on any clanner, since i named no clanner's or neutral's name, just Caral's

Keep on reading, it pays the bills
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

He is not ratting on anyone. He's doing what he does best - create fear, uncertainty and doubt in Omni-Tek ranks. Apparently, Omni-Mining is standing in his way right now, so he's trying to get us preoccupied with imaginary problems. As far as I can tell, there's business as usual at Omni-Mining; nothing out of the ordinary. More detailed information is readily available on a need to know basis, so Playboyfixer can go fish elsewhere.
    9 out of 10 Leets prefer Omni Mining. The tenth Leet is a traitor and will be dealt with.
    Marrok

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    and on a side-note: i never ratted on any clanner, since i named no clanner's or neutral's name, just Caral's
    Well, I may just be a dumb 'Trox but I can't find anywhere in connection with this article any mention of you ratting on clanners.
    I can, however, find someone (Dabblez) asking why you rat on soneone helping clans.

What was that about reading again?
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by macbecky View Post
    maybe it has something to do with that omni-mining does makes profit?
    Omni Mining makes profit?

*Makes note*
    "must talk to boss about management"
    Fed with the same electric, hurt with the same bits of grit getting in our works, subject to the same gremlins, healed by the same brute force, ignorance and big hammer as a human is?

It's because they make their employees WORK, Eeod. On BORING stuff.
    "NOOOOooo! Not in the face!" -- official RUR battle cry

Quote Originally Posted by Tarondal View Post
    It's because they make their employees WORK, Eeod. On BORING stuff.
    aah! right!
    *tears up note and turns to the fishtank*

Oooh! Bubbles!

Wait. Whoa whoa whoa. Hold on.

Omni-Mining pays us lots. Honestly. And I'm not just saying that because Keanne's threatened to "Violate me worse than a 30 gauge notum drill ever could" if I don't say that we get paid lots.

~nods once~

Uhm. Yea. We do have good healthcare though. And good dental.
    Last edited by Skeletawe; Sep 26th, 2007 at 22:04:00. Reason: SPAG
    GorgeFodder4 / Skeletawe
    Anti-Miner / Miner
    Omni-Mining / NLF Remnant?

All mining equipment and tools used by Omni-Mining are perfectly safe for their operators and environment, filling all the ICC regulations and exceeding them.

Keanne
    Director of Omni-Mining [IC]
    Last edited by Keanne; Sep 27th, 2007 at 05:05:00.