Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Expoilts that should be dealt with ASAP

I am totally in agreement with Tangretti post.

"If I start a new character I am going to twink it as much as I want.
    I was the one who built my "main" character high enough to do so. I put a great amount of time and effort to build that character".......

Its just a game, a game with more bugs init than a bugged thing.

So if FC cannot be arsed to fix it why the hell should i care what others are doing, let them get on with it. If that is how thay wish to spend there time and money then so what.

If FC cannot fix the bugs in the game but instead spend more time on making Addons and the like, which you then have the joy of paying for again. then ill be another 1 leaving the sinking ship too.

This Game has a lot to offer people, and I have had great times playing it but if the bugs are not fixed and Fc stop trying to make more cash out of us then it will end up in the bin with the rest of the rubbish.

OK...so Kenlon thinks twinking is lazy. So what? Who really cares what he or anyone else thinks about this? All that really matters is that one enjoys the game. Period. My enjoyment of the game is not affected by how or if others twink. I don't care if they powerlevel and by what means they do so. All I concern myself with is that I am having fun with my characters. I think FC is simply being silly and caving to a bunch of loud whiners (what else is new) in calling this an exploit. But oh well, it's not as if there aren't a dozen or so other ways to PL an alt.
    Last edited by Firedrake; Sep 11th, 2002 at 22:19:50.

An exploit in the game is a bug or design error that makes it possible for characters to fight monsters, solve quests, or earn money that normally should be out of that character’s reach. Funcom is actively working to remove exploits from the game.

"that normally should be out of that character’s reach"

Seems to me it doesn't matter if you're a n00b or vet... In any case it doesn't matter to me, the post was intended to get a response, and it did.... I give my alts cash all the time, I have even powerleveled a few people in the past, no, not n00bs, friends.... I do not beleive any of the things i mentioned are "exploits", was merely pointing out that some things in ALL fairness can be construed as an "exploit" using Funcom's own definition of one...

Play the game how you see fit is my opinion, after all, it is YOUR money.... If funcon thinks you are exploiting and being an evil, terrible person for doing these things and bans you, all the better.... Funcom, if you think it's an exploit, fix it in the 14.5 patch, just add a level check prior to joining a team... It can't be that difficult...

All of you who posted, thanks for not seeing the real point I was trying to make... All of this petty whining and bickering over lame things suchs as powerleveling, twinking, etc, is keeping what REALLY needs to be fixed, from being fixed....
    Last edited by Mneuromancer; Sep 12th, 2002 at 00:36:52.

Originally posted by Kenlon
    It's *not* *hard* to get enough cash/gear for a new character without twinking.

Twinking is lazy.

I find it pathetic that you aren't bothering to actually *play* the game you are paying for.

You are more than welcome to twink if you want. I will make alts and play them as actual independent characters rather than feed them from my higher level chars.
    Great. I happen to think it's pathetic that you waste all that time getting money with new chars when you could be having fun.

Let people play, and leave the judgment out of it, ****head.

Twinking is incredibly pathetic, but it's certainly not an exploit.
    Huh? I thought that's how Verant maintained their EQ playerbase.....allow level 1 chars to put level 60 gear on?

Exploits should be dealt with yes, but the manner in which they are being handled isn't very professional.

Typical scenario of what happens (based from what I heard):
    FunCom finds out about exploit.
    FunCom bans player(s) who used said exploit, reducing their monthly income by $12.95 per player banned.
    FunCom makes their findings public. Sometimes they do this properly, other times not (like when they called the NT powerlevel thing a 'design' flaw rather than an exploit).
    More exploiting happens, more bannings happen, more $12.95 reductions to your monthly income.

Do you see the lack of business logic in that? Seeing as how you recently laid a bunch of people off, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever to see you banning people for finding errors in your game. When something is exploited on a live server, what should be done is this:

Exploit discovered.
    Figure out what to recode to eliminate said exploit immediately.
    Bring down servers for patch to fix exploit.
    Player(s) who used said exploit are 'cleaned' from any benefits received from said exploit and allowed to continue playing.
    Findings made public.

Another thing you might consider given the amount of exploitation I've heard of is to offer rewards for those who disclose exploits to you. Maybe a month of free game time. Your playerbase won't shrink, nor will your income from this game.
    .: Naraya :.

eep

eeps, this may be a little late, but I agree fully with Demono and his statement. A real exploit works around game mechanics.

In my humble Fixer opinion, giving cash from a lvl 60+ or someone to a new lvl 1 alt is in NO way anything like an exploit. It's most likely that the money they'd be giving their alt is money they've earned. This is not an unfair advantage just because they want to not be broke on a new toon.

I LOAD my alts with cash (when I can afford to ) I've had lvl 5s with some odd 200k (not so much really) and it doesn't give me some huge advantage. All it does is make me able to solo easier.
    I've earned all of my cash through hard work and scrimping. I do not appreciate being called an exploiter by someone with logic so flawed that when they express their ideas the per-capita income of the world is lowered.

I'll use my cash how I please.

K? Thx.
    Pfft, the GMs and ARKs aren't rid of me yet! Back for a third round, in this corner, we have Vamp. Weighing in at a buck-fiddy and lovin' all the bitties.

Donations to the "Why Did Vamp Give All His Gearz Away" fund are now being accepted. Either that, or a friendly hello.

Wink More Key Exploits need Urgent Attention

Doctors
    The existence of Doctors is just way overpowering. It surely was outside the envisaged game mechanics to have effective healing in the game. Please remove "Doctors" from the game and replace them with "Nurses".

Full Auto, Aimed Shot, Burst
    These so called "Special" attacks are regularly exploited to kill mobs at ever opportunity. They should be removed and all weapons should have only a single fire mode - I guess Fling Shot might still be acceptable.

Ammunition
    It is plainly ridiculous to see people carrying around 5,000 rounds of ammunition. This is an exploit - you should be able to carry three to four clips of ammunition at most.

Yalmahas
    The only way that anyone can own a Yalmaha is by exploiting. There are no stupid, lazy, or immature people in the world, only exploiters and non-exploiters. Therefore, having a Yalmaha should be considered an exploit. Please replace Yalmahas with Tricycles that add 12 to run speed (and add a bell please).

Thank you for listening.

Kewll_Dood_4
    L8 MA
    RK6

"This game would rock if it had pickups like Quake!"

Do you get more intellegent by sitting there and doing nothing in RL? Do you get any better at any given skill without practice? Powerleveling screamed exploit from the first time I heard about it , it just doesn't hit me right .(I am refering to the high/low exploit) Powerlevling by other means while not as fast but using good tactics is fine with me.

As far as passing cash and equipment to alts is concerned, I think of it this way. If I had a rich father, uncle or whatever and he set me up with a rather nice bank account and all(or some of ) the things he wanted to have at my age I am not gonna turn him away. Yes I still have the challenge of gaining stature within my community and I still have to plan things out well in order to survive. I just have to spend alot less time gaining the required rescouces in order to do so. The major question is , is this fair too new players and my answer is , that all depends on how well the existing commmunity can identify them and show their generousity. From what I have seen so far it has been pretty fair, at least on rk2.

yesiamstoned

Red face expoits to be fixed

Hey Debitte, I think you missed a few other exploits that need to be fixed.

Running. This should not be allowed since it will allow those players who put the ip into run or have run buffs to actually get somewhere faster then others. This is simply not acceptable so everyone should have walk only.

Buffing. All buffs available only to certain classes should be removed totally since we certainly don't want any players to have any sort of advantage or specialization over another. This will remove the complaints of those who think that some other class is moe uber then them.

Equipment. All equipment should be replaced with just 1 single QL. This will help take care of over equiping and camping of special items or rare drops. This will also make the game database easier to edit since the number of items will be drastically reduced.
    If at first you dont' succeed, reload.

If it moves, shoot it. If it doesn't move, loot it.

Originally posted by Demono
    In terms of buffs, NCU is supposed to be the limitting factor on buffs. Any low level character who has not exploited should not be able to get enough buffs to give a significant advantage.
    Sorry, but you must not be familiar with twinking. My MA twink had 104 NCU at lvl 18. I used no exploits whatsoever to accomplish this. I put in full comp lit implants, did intel buff, comp lit expertise, and used a tutoring device. 104 NCU can provide you with a very significant advantage. You can get Behemoth, Doc HP buff & a small crit buff with that much NCU. Wouldn't you agree that a lvl 18 with 2500 hp has a significant advantage? Even if you don't use outside buffs while you are dueling (I am always self buffed), you have a distinct advantage in that you can get behemoth, IC, basic str/sta buffs, cushions, and +80 treatment to get in very high lvl implants. At lvl 18, I had ql 70 implants. When I see a person I can duel, I will usually ask if they are twinked before we duel. If they aren't, then alot of times I tell them nevermind. There are twinks out there that twinked up before nerfing patches when you could get unlimited treatment from clinics and you could use implants to temorarily stack to put higher lvl implants in. (now you have to remove the old implant before the new one can go in) Twinking is a choice to use authorized game mechanics to their fullest extent. It is NOT exploiting.

My main was born on July 17 2001. I missed getting a pioneer backpack by a few days, but believe me, the game was no picnic. There was horrible lag and if I managed 30 min of play without a crash, I was doing good. I bought more RAM to help defeat the HUGE memory leak and even had to install Windows 2000 to help with my stability issues. At one point, my computer completely crashed after an AO crash and was unrecoverable in Win-ME. Do I feel like I earned my way with my main? You bet your a$$ I do! If I wanna spend millions of credits on a twink to give me a break from leveling monotony, then that is my choice.
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

You will notice that I am not saying that twinking is an exploit.

Nor am I saying that you can't do it.

Nor am I saying that Funcom should make it impossible.

I just think it is sad, and will point that out at every opportunity.

Oh, and Shub: I enjoy getting the money for my alts. Wheeling and dealing (starting with blitzing QL 10 Concrete Cushions, then taking the money earned from that and buying/selling) is great fun.

So take the potty-mouth somewhere else.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Twinking is lazy.
    Have you ever twinked? It is one of the most difficult and involved things you can do in the game. You have to carefully plan each step and do a ton of research on what items and buffs will give you the stats you need to allow the highest implants/armor/nanos/weapons. It takes hours and hours of work. You also have to visit shop after shop looking for that low ql belt and the right NCUs to max your potential. You have to advertise in the shop channel endlessly for the right armor/weapons that will help you do max damage with the most protection. You also have to research other professions and look for their weaknesses. What debuffs can you use to hinder them in combat? What debuff can I use on that trader to keep him from ransacking me? Twinking is just an offshoot of play that you can't try until you have achieved a certain lvl of play with your main that allows you to have disposable income.
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

Oh, I've powergamed plenty.

My NT is a modern marvel of machine-aided mayhem. He's using armor/weapons that are at about 2.5 times his level and eats full hard missions like they were Skittles.

But I have not twinked. All of the gear and money on the character were earned by the character, not by anyone else, even if that meant having to sit in the shop channel advertising for hours.

It's much sweeter to know that you have created a powerful character through hard work and careful mission blitzing rather than through dumping a few hundred K onto a level one char and buying everything right off of the bat.
    --

Obitus: I agree with ya.

Kenlon: get of your soapbox. I give my n00b rolls 1.5 mill creds to start them, and both my guild and my higher alts hand down equipment to them. I even use higher alts to run missions for items that the n00bs need. I use my main to buy and make all implants, including stepping ones. My lvl 50 MA was wearing QL90 imps and had 150-odd NCU. And no, that is not wrong. Using other people in the game, you can achieve the same results. The fact of the matter is that I used my other alts to improve a particular character, and transferred items/cash using guildies.

And no, I don't PvP with ANY alt.

I think you're jealous and just don't know how to "twink". Thats no excuse to say its sad. I think if you were found lurking in a dark alley in a PvP zone, both sides will jump you for comments like that. Not clever.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Originally posted by Ntrox
    *snip*
    I think you're jealous and just don't know how to "twink". Thats no excuse to say its sad. I think if you were found lurking in a dark alley in a PvP zone, both sides will jump you for comments like that. Not clever.
    Am I speaking Swahili or something?

Twinking is passing gear and money from a higher character to a new alt.

Yes, I'm soooo jealous because I can't figure out how to give items to an alt when my wife and I have two accounts.

I'll speak very slowly now:

I'm.

Not.

Saying.

That.

You.

Can't.

Twink.

Just that I find it sad that you can't play each char seperately and have to give them gobs of money to start.

Is that so hard to understand?
    --

ok...

Kenlon, you have made it well known that "you" find twinking sad.
    Enough said.

your
    opinion
    is
    your
    own
    yippee!
    and
    so
    is
    the
    opinion
    of
    others
    their
    own
    yippee!

It's pretty obvious that people are not taking your preaching/judgement passively. Great we know your stance! Others do not have to agree with it or be talked down to from your pristine idyllic towers of purist mmorpg perfection.
    It's so nice that your able to incite people in a forum.
    I am so happy to see more unhelpful attitudes and posts.

As asked in a previous post please step off the soapbox.
    We have enough negativity already.

peace
    All my chars are on RK2 if anyone wants to contact me:
    Azaz - Agent 73
    Cortraz - MA 57
    Lilao - Adventurer 158
    Betamaxine - Fixer 45
    etc

As long as people keep misstating my opinion and agressively claiming that I said something I didn't, I'll keep repeating what I have said.

If you think I'm a fool for disliking twinking and what it does to the game, fine. You're welcome to that opinion.

But when you claim that I'm saying that twinking is an exploit, or that I'm against tuning your alts to the highest levels of capability you can, I'll keep climbing back onto the soapbox.
    --

Smile wow..

I think you perhaps missed the point...

Everyone is clear on exactly what your saying.

1. You find it sad that people twink. (this means you show disdain for it)
    2. You think other people have to twink to get started and that they aren't "choosing" to. (you think we are idiots and cannot do exactly as you have)
    3. You think the act of twinking is pathetic. (again your showing disdain) (maybe this in unintentional, but you give additional connotations that the people doing the twinking are then pathetic and sad)
    4. You are adamant in your position and feel the need to impress it upon others.. unwilling or otherwise.

quotes:
    "Just that I find it sad that you can't play each char seperately and have to give them gobs of money to start.
    "I just think it is sad, and will point that out at every opportunity. "
    "Twinking is incredibly pathetic, but it's certainly not an exploit. "
    "Twinking is lazy. "
    "I find it pathetic that you aren't bothering to actually *play* the game you are paying for. "
    "You are more than welcome to twink if you want. I will make alts and play them as actual independent characters rather than feed them from my higher level chars."

The point that you obviously chose to ignore is that the preachy, self-aborbed tone is not conducive to a friendly discussion.
    Sell your argument to people, don't belittle them.
    Convince people in an intellegent manner, not argumentative.
    Don't include snide comments in every post. Have your wife screen them for you if you cannot determine which these are.
    All my chars are on RK2 if anyone wants to contact me:
    Azaz - Agent 73
    Cortraz - MA 57
    Lilao - Adventurer 158
    Betamaxine - Fixer 45
    etc

Yup i was one of those who hated twinking. Until i could do it myself. And yes, now i am twinking. But then only in credits. Made a doc as a char and docs eats credits. My thoughts about twinking now? Each and everyone should do what they want. Everyone is paying to play this game. Someone wants to have 8 200 levl chars, so be it. I wanted to play a doc, and i dont wanted to think about credits.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast