Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Nanomage NT with 300 symbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    feet without burden or dustbrigade bracer... point to point as far as I remember... didnt have all items back then (300 rings, eew ;p)
    what if no lya shoulders involved, i wasnt around this halloween to get them((
    think db bracers wont be enuff..
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

You didn't post what you actually have...

My own non-Burden setup wasn't significantly different from Graftmage's setup (Enhanced Kegern's instead of Kirch Kevlar Body Armor, and a Sekutek Helmet instead of the Headband of Haste- no differences there, but my Evening Star rings were of a little lower QL, and I did have the DB Bracer). As I mentioned previously, I started with equipping the Agility Symbiants (Right Arm, Left Wrist and Feet) instead of ending with them, because I could then use high-level (QL290+) Agility Buffing implants where the Thigh and Waist Symbiants are installed (which require Sense and Strength, respectively).

Looking at our two setups, I only have a 2-point advantage in Agility (473 vs. 471), but if you have a Burden, it should be just enough to compensate-- QL240 Lya's Sangi Patches provide 16 Agility each, and the Burden provides 30... 473 - (16 x 2) + 30 = 471, exactly what Graftmage had.

In a nutshell, the two Sangi Patches are compensating for the lack of a Burden of Competence, so if you're missing that, you're probably out of luck-- Even ZeRiddler mentioned he needed a Lya's Patch (or two) (even with a Burden) to finally get his Feet equipped.
    Last edited by Crisalys; Jun 8th, 2008 at 13:30:16.
    Christine "Crisalys" Kochanski 220/30/70 Nanomage Nano-Technician

License Plates: 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011 / 2012 Plate Debate has ended!

Crisalys was born on Fri, Mar 29, 18:48:45, 2002, and as of November 6, 2011, 04:11 GMT,
    Crisalys has played 482 days 15 hours 48 minutes 36 seconds

There is DEFINITELY no letter "A" in the word DEFINITELY.
    What annoys you most at work?

Actually I dont think you need the pads, even if you dont have BoC. Pretty sure we didnt have an agi contract up when Z did his feet (I was doing my 300s on my adv at the time, so was pretty aware of what contracts was in, and health hud was only level 2. A contract+health 3 would make up for the Lya's.

Just to bring some hope to those who missed halloween and cant be arsed to grind BoC

EDIT: This is all NM talking ofc. Havent done the maths on other profs.

I had exactly 1277 agi to equip rarm when I twinked, didn't have burden back then, so, 1233 agi without 44 from feet.
    Stuff I missed: burden (+30), dustbrigade bracer (+25), agi/sense belt (+15), higher agi contract (+~9), ql300 rings (+~10).

1233 + 30 + 25 + 15 + 9 + 10 - 32 = 1290, so whould be possible with burden, but without haloween stuffs
    Last edited by Graftmage; Jun 9th, 2008 at 13:09:03.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

As, nanomage, you need =(
    Ill make a wild guess and assume that was directed to my last comment.

To add as much to the thread as you, Ill respond with "As, nanomage, you dont need =)".

EDIT: After making a setup it seems my statement stands, but could need a sidenote. As I stated you dont _need_ BoC and/or Lya's to put in the 300 feet, but it would require at least one piece of equipment that would drain some IP. Mystery of Pisces got a ev0l dimach req, so might wanna put it on while you do your stick (or just not do it at all).
    Last edited by Valhallur; Jun 9th, 2008 at 13:37:29.

I had exactly 1277 agi to equip rarm when I twinked, didn't have burden back then, so, 1233 agi without 44 from feet.
    Stuff I missed: burden (+30), dustbrigade bracer (+25), agi/sense belt (+15), higher agi contract (+~9), ql300 rings (+~10).

1233 + 30 + 25 + 15 + 9 + 10 - 32 = 1290, so whould be possible with burden, but without haloween stuffs
    Well, since you redid your post, I guess Ill comment on that one too

With the numbers youve posted, you would need a 16+ Lya pad (or two lower ofc) if you dont have BoC. I still stand by that is _doable_ to put on 300 feet w/o BoC and w/o Lya's all together. Its a tight fit and would require Dimach IPed, so for those who can stand the BoC grind, thats recommended.

In the setup mentioned, there is only a few things that require some effort, outside creds, and that is mainly yellow belt and the high ql EotES's. By the time you got points for belt, you would have the zpoints (or however omlets do their points) for pisces too, so no extra grind there, besides you would probably accumulate some points during your symbs grind too (unless you bought it all). Perfected bracer is easy to get (or even buy), alba bracer is easy to buy (or a lucky loot) and the dust armor is a easy loot (and most got all anyways). Only other nodrops are garden key (you better have at least pen one ^^) and either SS boots or OAF boots, depending on side.
    Contracts wise, tl5 sites drops like a fly these days and you dont even have to hold it more then the day you need the contract.

Hehe, yes, with mystery its possible, this setup is 1276 agi/1399 int/1400 psy/2131 treat. Just need 2xql300 rings and ql250 contracts

I keep forgetting about the belt...

Graft keeps saying "agi/sense belt +15"... and up until just now, I couldn't figure out why, thinking to myself "Huh? Maar's Yellow Belt of Double Speed gives +50, not +15..." But I only just realized that he has a Hadrulf's Viral Belt Component Platform which is +35... and now the +15 makes sense. I don't have a Hadrulf Belt, but I do have the Yellow Maar belt.

I loathe the idea of dropping huge amounts of IPs into Dimach to equip the +15 Agility Mystery of Pisces, but it does provide the same Agility buff that a QL225 Lya's Sangi Patch has, and won't cost much, in terms of raid points.

ZeRiddler also did say previously,
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeRiddler View Post
    ...I did have to use tower contracts though, treatment for brain and agil for feet. QL240ish or so...
    I wouldn't sit across the table from Valhallur and outright claim "No it's not doable", without Lya's Patches and/or a Burden, but I look at it like this-- Being the 'fluid" game that it is (with new patches and quests and items being added all the time), I'd hate to spend every extra IP I had into Dimach to equip the Mystery of Pisces only for something new to come out a few months from now that makes today's efforts wasted.

As a hypothetical example, FC could come out with a new expansion "AO: Attack of the Virulent Leet Brigade" that gave players access to a new "Super Surgery Unit" adding 300 to Treatment and 100 to all abilities... SL's QL300 Symbs would become child's play for just about everyone, Including Atroxes (but then of course the new QL400 "Leet Symbiants" will probably require 3100 in Treatment, 1800 in four abilities, 1500 in two nano skills, 1200 one tradeskill, and 1000 in Map Navigation, hehe).

Graftmage's calculations say it can be done without Lya's but still needs a Burden; Valhallur says it can be done without Lya's or a Burden; I won't disagree with either of them, but I will say that you're gonna be really pi**ed off if you twink on that Mystery of Pisces to equip the Feet Symbiant only to have FC add a Pandemonium Sanctuary Key (for use on the Transport Statues) that adds 150 to Treatment and 25 to all Abilities in patch 18.5x or 19.xx.

Crisalys was born on Fri, Mar 29, 18:48:45, 2002, and as of November 6, 2011, 04:11 GMT,

Cris, that setup I posted is without boc/patches. just need to waste tonns of IP into dimach and get ql300 rings =) maybe I missed something, but its exactly 1276 agi:

664 base
    +461 setup
    +12 attributes
    +25 FG
    +2 cookie
    +15 reseach
    +45 DNA
    +24 genome
    +19 conract
    +9 city
    --------------

Yeah- I started typing after post #85, when Val said "Mystery of Pisces got a ev0l dimach req..." but all sorts of RL crap took me away from being able finish it in a timely manner... It was after I was able to finally hit "Submit Reply" hours later that I saw posts #86 and #87.

I still think the Mystery of Pisces has too high an IP price to pay, especially when there's always the possibility of a new +Agility item or armor piece could be just around the corner.

Yeah Cris, my posts was all about doable. I think I intended to add some lines about the stupidity about doing it for any other reason then just that, but it seems it stayed in my mind.

And the setup I conjured was looking about the same as the one graftmage presented, besides I made one without the dreaded Pioneer Backpack.
    To stay in theme, I dropped the sigil too, since it was all about avoiding The Beast
    Throw in a Anything there, and you make up for the Pioneer and got a agi point to spare btw.
    Kirch do the same job as upgraded biodome, and sekutek helmet same as Headband of haste, if you wanna keep it as simple as possible.

But yeah, no (good) reason to do it really

Cool

Hey glad to see NTs still twinking. Rock on!
    ZeRiddler(220/30/70) - Current Equipment Setup - Current Perks Setup - First lvl 220 clanner NT on RK2!
    Power-Gamer At-Large - So eager to play, so reluctant to admit it... Blogging about The MMORPG World in a Nutshell!
    TinyMiner Auto Mining Bot for Eve Online - A veritable ISK machine, this is your EVE ONLINE MINER of choice!
    With such an Eve Online Mining Bot you will dominate New Eden! Become an Eve Online tycoon with this EVE MINING BOT!

*showoff*

Done...

Yep, im done, just got on full set ql 300 symbs.

220/30/70, full set ql 300 symbs. ACDC. Got all top nanos.

*/showoff*
    First NT in AO to loot Alien Combat Directive Controller

Gratz Xym, I just hope you squeezed into full 300 symb set -1, cause that left wrist just suck compared to a custom imp
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    Gratz Xym, I just hope you squeezed into full 300 symb set -1, cause that left wrist just suck compared to a custom imp
    but its less epeen
    j/k

gz Xymilor, it must have been a hard work
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

While we're starting to see more 220/30s and 220/30/70s (Geez, Mastablasta- spend a week and get to AI30, will ya?), Equipping all of the QL300 Symbiants is pretty much the last achievement a person can do on their character, other than farm items.

Certain items require a certain amount of farming anyway, in order to reach the stats required to equip them.

So yeah, I believe that a modicum of epeen waving is in order . Grats, Xymlior!

So what do NM NTs perk above ai28?
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    AI tech 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    nanomage primary genome for trickledown
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Thank you all.

Yes, it was pretty hard. I did equip a master g-staff without spending IPs on it as Zeriddler did. Got to the last point to equip it.

Then I had just enough points for Agility and Treatment to get the last 3 symbs in.

I dont use a custom left wrist, as someone said, less epeen

Missed halloween last year so didnt have the shoulderpads until now.

Edit: BTW I did the math and its possible to get full set on without the lya's pads (did it before I got em). But it require towercontracts ~250ish or so, and 2*ql 300 Eye of the evening star.

Any suggestion on whats next? :P
    Last edited by Xymlior; Oct 27th, 2008 at 17:34:40.
    First NT in AO to loot Alien Combat Directive Controller

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast