Thread: Freelance: August 11th Board of Directors Meeting

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: August 11th Board of Directors Meeting

August 11th Board of Directors Meeting
    September 16, 29481 - Aleksandr "Nadab" Harkonnen [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - IRRK Freelance - Have you ever wondered just what goes on in the board meetings of the Omni-Tek Affiliates? Have you even been curious about just those famous Directors and Affiliates are talking about?

Wonder no longer. As part of a new Omni-Reform campaign, we at Omni-Tek are introducing you to some of the high-level politics of Omni-Tek. To aid in understanding just what goes on when the elite of Rubi-Ka meet, we will publish the minutes of the June 29481 meeting of the Omni-Tek Affiliates.

This meeting took place on August 11th, 29481. The late publication of the minutes and the partially censored protocol are such for reasons of security. If you want to know every detail of it, take part in your sub-department's command structure and join the Affiliate Meetings. See http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=495315 for more instructions.

Omni-Tek of Rubi-Ka Board Meeting Minutes, August 11th, 29481

Directors in Attendance:
    Darius Zeiler -- Omni-Admin
    Eva Pourais -- Omni-Reform
    "Max" --- Omni-InternOps
    Conner Rhees -- Omni-Mining
    Lani Wannja -- Omni-Com
    Arianna "AJ" Baljian -- Omni-Trans

Affiliates in Attendance:
    General Jimi "Virta" Hendrix -- Omni-Pol
    Unit Leader Idoit "Mexon" Withmyhands -- Terminal Velocity
    Director Aleksandr "Nadab" Harkonnen -- Harkonnen Exports
    Jacob Stroud -- Moderator

Guests:
    Gerulf Riechstain -- ICC

Introductions:

Zeiler: Welcome everyone to the monthly Omni-Tek Affiliate Meeting. We are happy to see you all here today.
    Zeiler: Mister Stroud, the floor is yours
    Jacob Stroud: Good evening, and thank you for attending the twenty-third Omni-Tek Affiliate Meeting.
    I would have all affiliates note that proper meeting protocol must be adhered to at all times. Questions and comments may only be made during appropriate parts of the meeting. If you wish to ask a question during those periods, you must contact me ((by /tell)) to request an opportunity to do so. I will prompt you to ask your questions in the order that they were requested. If you ask your question out of turn, you will likely be ignored. If you are asked a question by one of the department heads, be certain to note when you are finished with your response. ((by typing "Done")) We will now proceed with the reports. If you have a report you wish to make, please send me a tell now.

Reports:

Jacob Stroud: General Hendrix, you have the floor.
    Virta: Thank you. I have a brief report concerning the investigation into the Omni-Mining HQ break-in. <xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Text removed for Security by InternOps xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Thank you, that was all.
    Max: nods
    Jacob Stroud: Are there any comments?
    Max: I have no comments, this is progressing as planned.

Jacob Stroud: Very well, we will proceed with the next report. Mr. Harkonnen, you have the floor.
    Nadab: Thank you... my first report is on the assignment <xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Text removed for Security by InternOps xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Nadab: Done

Jacob Stroud: I've already received your preliminary report, and I have to say that I am impressed with your organization's dedication to this assignment. We should be able to move on to the next phase of the operation starting next month. Your work is a great asset to the corporation. Good job. Are there any other comments on this assignment at this time?

Wannja: Excellent compilation of co*coughing*cation *cough*, though the report was supposed to be sent to Mister Stroud not me.
    Wannja: But I believe it all got relayed correctly in the end.
    Nadab: I did send the list to Mr. Stroud... but apparently it was lost in the data stream.

Nadab: 2nd Report concerns security breach in Communications... A known Clan hacker <Playboyfixer> was able to hack into my private comlink and attempt to bribe me for information on these meetings. <Nadab plays recording of conversation> <xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Text removed for Security by InternOps xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Nadab: "done"

Baljian: we should invite him in, the guards looked rather bored today, I doubt they would mind some entertainnig.
    Mexon: laughs
    Max: smiles
    Jacob Stroud: Are there any comments on this report?
    Nadab: I do believe he's hiding outside in the pond... I saw him there before teleport
    Jacob Stroud: Actually, I do have a question. That nickname, Playboyfixer, sounds familiar. Other than being Clan, has he committed any other criminal activities?
    Nadab: Yes... I believe he's on Omni-Pol's most wanted list.
    Virta: He has a long history, yes.
    Nadab: Rumor has it, he's affiliated with DEM
    Max: nods
    Jacob Stroud: Then I believe the next time he thinks it is a good idea to show up in Omni-HQ right before a meeting, we should make a point of having him sent to reclaim.
    Virta: Deus Ex Machina, responsible for attacks in our cities. But he seems to have degenerated into some kind of foam-mouthed lunatic recently.
    Virta: We are consider downgrading his threat level.
    Nadab: Well.... he has been hanging out with the NLF'ers
    Nadab: Infected by association ?? <smiles>
    Jacob Stroud: Thank you, that's all that I wanted to know. Are there any other reports?

Jacob Stroud: I have one report to make, regarding the "Neutral Awareness Rally" that was held earlier this month. I'm surprised General Hendrix didn't mention it. I trust everyone here has heard about the "rally" held by neutral citizens, so I'll cut to the chase. First, I would like to say that from the reports I have read, Omni-Pol's dealing with the NLF at Clon**** was exemplary. It was more light handed then they deserved, but it will make for good propaganda. Good job. Secondly, there was that official from the city of Newland who was assassinated during the event. Has anyone found out more information on who is behind this?
    Wannja: Judging from the rumors floating around the grid it was a clan agent.
    Jacob Stroud: It's not really any of our concern, but the so called "neutrals" may be eager to pin the blame on Omni-Tek in order to undermine our authority. We have to be careful of the situation. That is all
    Jacob Stroud: This concludes the report section of the meeting. Director Zeiler, you have the floor.

Open Agenda:

Zeiler: Thanks you Mister Stroud,
    Zeiler: And to add to Director Wannja, there are so far no indications that might lead to a bad PR for us and you were also right, Mr. Stroud, it is of little to no importance to us what those so called neutrals are doing out there in the desert.

Zeiler: On the point of bad PR, the bulletin press is still going on about that 'sewer monster'. It would be good if you can make sure that the employees of your departments are aware that these reports are insanely over-zealous. It was merely a young Baraton that got lost in the entertainment sewers. By all rights those creature are not as common as Leets but still an integral part of Rubi-Ka's fauna and nothing that should be feared. Omni-Tek Protects !

Baljian: We could discuss the Grim Gofle Reaper III?
    Zeiler: <glances at Baljian>

Zeiler: Director Pourias... glad you could make it...
    Pourais: I do apologize for being late.

Zeiler: Are there any topics that should be brought to the boards attention today? Yes, Mister Stroud?

Jacob Stroud: There are actually a few more topics before we adjourn. Mr. Harkonnen, you have the floor.

Nadab: Thank-you... I just want to bring up that even after being admonished by Ms. Pourais at the last meeting to fall in-line with current policies... Society of Salvation is going ahead with their "warm-fuzzy feelie" party with the Clan in Tir City....
    Nadab: 'done'
    Pourais: sighs
    Jacob Stroud: Well, that pretty much speaks for itself, but are there any comments?
    Pourais: This is very disturbing
    Zeiler: Maybe we can get some of the clanners to come back in the corporation's lap.
    Jacob Stroud: Perhaps Director, but the fact that the party is being held in Tir doesn't look good. However, perhaps it is the Clans who will bring SoS back into line. The hard way...

Zeiler: Anyways, lets proceed to the next point for today. We have a guest from the ICC, today. Mister Gerulf Riechstain will be here any moment, lets hear what he would like to say.
    Jacob Stroud: <raises an eyebrow>

Zeiler: Welcome Mister Riechstain
    Riechstain: Greetings
    Zeiler: We are happy to see you here, how can we help you?
    Riechstain: I would like to thank you all on behalf of ICC for letting me address you all
    Pourais: <nods to Riechstain>

Riechstain: I am here to address you all with a speech if I may
    Zeiler: Of course, please go ahead.

Riechstain:
    Dear council members! Dear Board Members!
    Since the arrival of the Goliath battle stations in orbit around Rubi-Ka, the ICC has monitored the situation and the increased bickering has become a huge concern for us. It has increased the suffering for the people of Rubi-Ka, not only by the attacks you do on each other, but by allowing the invaders to hit the planet harder then before. ICC can not end this suffering, only you can do this by cooperation with the clans, standing united against the invading forces and using the tools we have given you to do so. It is not yet to late do turn it all around but it is all up to you. Go to the street and look at all the people and the suffering from your own actions. We can only help initiate contacts, not create peace.
    There is also a world out there, a world that depends on the notum you mine and export from this planet. It is in both ICC's and yours interest that the notum flow is steady and at this time we are concerned that the current bickering may prevent this. Only a united Rubi-Ka can defend itself and secure itself against the invading forces by using the tools we assigned to the planet. ICC can become a tool for peace if both sides agree on it, and the people will be safe, and the notum flow can continue.
    So consider your current actions and act before its to late

I thank the Board for letting me addressing you today. I also address you as the leaders of Omni-Tek,
    to address your superior together with these other fine members of this board, to convince him that his ways is not the only way to solve this conflict. CEO Zora will have to listen to you as much as he listens to the board of Omni-Tek on Omni-Prime. That is all I wish to ask this board for. Thank you.

Jacob Stroud: Any comments?
    Zeiler: Thank you Mister Riechstain.
    Zeiler: We will be more than happy to work together with the ICC to make sure Rubi-Ka is safe from all internal and external threats.
    Zeiler: Is there anything else we can do for you?
    Riechstain: The board may want to discuss this in private. If the board have no further questions for me I will return to my office
    Zeiler: Have pleasant evening and a safe journey. Do we have anything else on the Agenda today?
    Wannja: *coughs*

Jacob Stroud: There are no further topics for today's meeting.
    Pourais: smiles and nods
    Pourais: Thank you Mr. Stroud
    Zeiler: Thank you again for attending we will see each other at next month's meeting. Until then

The next Affiliate meeting is today!

I read this to the members of my clan aloud and what we all agreed on was <<<<<< edited by TBC security personnel >>>>>>>. So on that note, we decided that she <<<<<<<edited by TBC security personnel>>>>>>>>.

It was unanimous.

Hey Taren? Remember when the CoT edited that one meeting, and seemingly *every* Employee made a huge stink about it?

Heh, every time I see a BoD log it makes me giggle.
    Point Blank

it's more like "Jaunay is a fine piece of <<< if i fill this in i'm sure to be shot several times >>>"
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

I vaguely remember something about that. ...I dealt with it a lot more out of the public eye than you might imagine so they all seem to run together, honestly.

edit: I like to think about mistakes i've made over the years, but one of the few regrets I have is not shooting that ICC rep when he showed up at the Council meeting.
    Last edited by Astera; Sep 17th, 2007 at 19:24:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    edit: I like to think about mistakes i've made over the years, but one of the few regrets I have is not shooting that ICC rep when he showed up at the Council meeting.
    Heh, we'll just invite him back, and then shoot him...

Wait you think he reads this stuff? ... crap...
    Point Blank

i know where his office is
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Well, lets get a box, put something terrible inside...like a team of Cyborgs or a few Anun Tearers, and send it to him.

Make sure to put on the box: A response from the Council of Truth.