Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pathfinders saga

The Redeemed Custodian gazed over his encampment, his flowing purple robes protecting him from Infernos baking heat. As his minions go about thier business, all is peace and serenity. Calm and meditaion is the key to--*BONK* Something hits him on the back of the head. Startled, he looks down. There slowly turning into a puddle of water was a...snowball? Outraged, he looks around and frowns at a figure in the distance. He glides to the edge of his platform and glares. The figure sees him and waves cheerfully. Singing an order to his Kuir-Moors to hold thier place, he surges forward to battle. HE will teach this interloper some manners! Bringing his spear around he charges the waiting, black armored figure.

Some minutes later:
    Gun casually searches the still figure, lying on the baked ground. Fishing a small gem from beneath the robes, he gazes at it. Turning it back and forth so it catches the suns rays, he grins. Yeah, this would look good on Ciy. Tucking it into a pocket on his vest, he leans over and pulls a heavily insulated bag closer to him. Reaching into the bag, he pulls out a snowball. Penumbra really CAN be useful at times, he muses. Standing up, he cranes his head back and forth, looking for more purple robes.
    His comm beeps.
    < Hey Boss?
    < Go ahead.
    < You should prolly come back here. Theres something you should see.
    < Is it the end of the world as we know it? Or something equally important? I'm shopping here.
    < Well, not that bad, but its Chit Chat. They're at it again. And this time they mentioned you.
    < *sigh* Allright. I'm on my way.
    Last edited by Gunfytr; May 18th, 2011 at 06:17:00.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Gunfytr leans back from his comp terminal. Shaking his head, he laughs weakly. He looks at Beersoldier, nervously watching from the doorway.
    'Has Pup seen this?'
    'Yeah. Hes really ticked, but taking it out on the Aliens down there. But he does keep comm'ing and asking how much petrol we have at the compound.'
    'Heh. Go figure. Ok. Hmmm.....'
    Guns chin rests on his chest for a few moments, pondering. He nods, his decision made.
    'Ok, ask Gemmy to stop in here. I think she is just the right touch for this.'

later

"Have a seat, Gems. You been keeping up on the Chit Chat stuff?'
    'Yes, I have, Boss. What are we gonna do about them? I hate to see them picking on poor Puppy like that.'
    'Are you involved with anything you cant let go for a bit? I'm gonna put you on this.'
    'Very cool! You want me to do a lil 'slice and dice' on them?'
    Gun grins, 'Maybe eventually, but first we need to find them. You up for a little undercover work?'
    Gemmy jumps up off the couch, 'Oh hells yeah! I'm in!'
    'Ok, then. Collect what we have and go find them. Theres no time limit, but keep in mind we need to keep Pup under control while you are looking.'
    'Ill get right on it Boss.'
    With that Gems trots out of the office.
    Watching her leave, Gun leans over and hits an intercom button, 'Hey Beer, just how much petrol DO we have?'
    Last edited by Gunfytr; May 18th, 2011 at 08:12:26.
    Because we said so.

< Hey, Gun. Are you available now? I have info on Chit Chat.
    < Sure, Ciy. Where you at?
    < Varmit Woods. Just west of my Guild HQ. Theres no one there now, but I dont want you on the security cams.
    < On my way.

Gunfytr strolls up to Ciyanid, leaning with her back against a tree. She smirks, 'You really need to work on yer sneaking skills. I heard you coming a mile away.'
    Gun grins, 'Thats only because I let you hear me.'
    'Pffft. Whatever.'
    'Ok, what do you have for me?'
    Ciy opens her mouth to reply and is interrupted by a klaxon in the distance.
    Ciy jumps up, 'Thats the Alien alarm! Dam, theres no one in the HQ.' Wordlessly, she looks at Gun.
    He nods, swinging his Xan around, 'Lets kill some bugs.'
    Hurriedly, Ciyanid puts out a general distress call on the comms. A young soldier, Thylight, and of all people, Agrestus answers and respond. They form a defensive line around the Control Tower and await the invaders. Checking each others equipment, they quickly work out a plan.
    'Ok, me and Thy will take the center, you guys start working the outriders on the edges. Dont bite off more than you can chew, and sing out if you get in deep.'
    Agrestus smiles, 'Oh, we are so gonna kick their butts. I'M gonna die, of course, but then, I always do.'
    The other members of the ad hoc team look at him quizzically. Gun says, laughing, 'Well, its not much, but its a plan.'
    With that, the landers hit and begin disgorging aliens. The team frantically fights them off, the distance narrowing. Tracers streak across the sky as the fighting grows desperate. As what appears to be the last wave lands, the majority of the aliens converge on Gunfytr, singling him out as the more serious firepower. Outriders tie up the other members of the team, stopping them from coming to his aid. The fighting finally comes down to hand to hand. Gun bashes one alien to the tarmac and looks around. Nothing to be seen but a ring of glaring eyes.
    'Oh, this is gonna leave a mark', he mumbles, 'I hate this part!'
    The green horde swarms him and he is gone from sight.

<white light>

With a start and a short scream, Gun comes back to himself. Pulling up his rifle, hes spins in a tight circle, looking all around. Dam, reclaim again. Ruefully, he shakes his head, 'Wonder if they fought off that last wave?' Wearily, he starts the trudge back to the compound. Then he stops, 'Dam DAM! Ciy never DID tell me what she found out. Well, after this, shes owes me another one anyway.' Shaking his head once again, he continues on.

((Thylight used with permission))
    Last edited by Gunfytr; May 23rd, 2011 at 20:35:17.
    Because we said so.

Gunfytr slowly comes awake. Breathing in a familiar scent, he allows a smile to steal across his face before opening his eyes. 'Good morning,' he says to a twinkling pair of green eyes, 'I could really get used to this.'
    Last edited by Gunfytr; May 27th, 2011 at 01:30:42.
    Because we said so.

Gun watches her walk to the door of his apartment, and settles back with a contented sigh. Heh, who would have believed it? The infamous Gunfytr, settling down? Nowai! Well, he mused, when you find a treasure, even if its covered in barbed wire, you hang onto it.
    Because we said so.

Gunfytr pulls his teams in closer. This rain was playing hell on their radar. The Clan group they were stalking was pretty good. They had been playing cat and mouse for a few minutes, losing each other in the rain and then finding sign to continue. But what were they doing out here at this time of day?
    Suddenly a clear spot in the deluge opens, and the teams realize they had been surrounded. Automatically, facing outboard and bringing weapons the bear. With a chill, Gun sees that one combatant is directly in front of him. Whipping his Xan up, he prepares for the worst.
    He freezes as a pistol appears almost by magic in front of his visor, but doesnt fire. He focus's on the face behind the gun, and begins laughing. Quickly he shouts, "Stand down! Do it!" With a smile, he lowers his weapon. "Perfect weather for training, huh?", he ask chuckling. Bowing low to Ciyanid, he asks, "Wanna call this one a draw?"
    Because we said so.

Grinning, Gun gives Ciy a wink. One of her recruits walks up and is introduced to him. Grinning he returns the youngsters salute, while keeping an eye on the rest of her pack. He noticed some of them giving Ciy the evil eye, evidently unhappy with her choice of "friends". Gun shrugged to himself, they will get over it. He turns back to his waiting teams. 'Law! Beer! Take them home.', he calls. Most of the PFs knew Ciyanid and give her a smile or nod as they turn for home.
    Gun and Ciy walk, ignoring the rain. Talking about unimportant things, just enjoying each other. Then Ciy says something that causes Gunfytr to stumble. Quickly he spins to look at her. "Really? You're sure?" She nods silently, grinning at him. Fishing in a pocket of his armor, he pulls out a hard plastic card. "Well, it just so happens I had another key copied today." Gently, he leans over and hands it to her. Taking the key to Guns aprtment, she tucks it into a pocket over her heart.
    Because we said so.

Gun stood with his back to the room, warming his hands in front of the fireplace. He could feel the anger and impatience building behind him. He had to play this very carefully. He hears the huge Atrox clear his throat and spins to face him squarely.

"You said you had something we wanted," Sir Bedivere says in a grave tone, "If this is some kind of trick, you will pay dearly." The roomful of Knights at his back growl in agreement.

Gun bows, using the movement to hide a grin. When he straightens up, his face is expressionless. "I have in my possession, an item that is much valued by your Order. I came upon it in my travels, and wish to return it to its proper home. In return, I only ask a simple boon."

"A boon? An Omni dares come to ME and wishes a BOON???" With a clashing of armor plates, the Huge 'trox begins pacing in front of Gun. "Little man, this had better be good."

"A Contractor, not an employee", Gun murmurs, "Why cant people get that right?" He raises his face to the 'trox. "I had heard of the richness of the Libraries of Camelot", he says quietly, "I wish access to them."

The room stills. Sir Bedivere spins on his heal and plants himself in front of Gun. "And what do you have that is so valuable that I would even consider this?"

Without speaking, Gun takes the backpack from where it sits on the floor and places it on top of the round table in the center of the room. Reaching inside, he pulls out an item wrapped in a cloth. Gently placing it on the table, he unwraps it, revealing a shining, silver Helm.
    Because we said so.

Sir Bedivere picks the helm up from the table. He carefully examines it, turning it this way and that. Slowly, he reaches inside the lining and pulls a section out. There he reads the inscription. Lifting his head, he fixes Gunfytr with a baleful stare. "How did you come upon this?", he purrs in a dangerous voice.

"From the caverns in Milky Way. I took it from a group of outlaws. They WONT be a problem anymore, by the way."

Sir Bedivere nods, mollified for the moment. "This particular piece has been missing for....quite some time." He turns to look at Gun, "Was there any information on the Knight who last wore it?"

Gun shakes his head, "I regret, there was not. Evidently this helm had been passed and bartered around for awhile before I found it."

Holding the helms visor up to his own eyes, Bedivere murmurs, "We will not forget you, Brother." Lowering the helm, he hands it off to one of the Knights. Turning to Gunfytr, he stares intently at him. "Not in my wildest dreams would I have considered an Omni scum to have the Honor to return this to us. Indeed the Order is in your debt."

Gun shrugs, "Honor comes in many forms. I try to do Right, when I can."

Sir Bedivere turns to look at his Knights, poling them by eye. He nods slowly, and turns back to Gun. "The Order will stand by its own Honor, and grant your boon."

Gunfytr bows his head, "And in return, I vow not to use any information gathered here against your Order, or the Clans. On this you have my word."

Stunned, Sir Bedivere laughs, "Honor indeed! At last an Omni who understands the word!" Narrowing his eyes, he examines Gun, head to toe. "I have heard of you, little man. Yes, heard of you and your Pathfinders. Some say that Omnis path is not your own."

Gun sighed. "I tread Omnis path," he says, slowly, "But I explore many other paths as well."

Booming laughter fills the great hall. "Come, come! I will have my Men at Arms take you to see Sir Bors! And good luck in your endevours!"
    Because we said so.

Gun sits at his desk, reading from a leather bound tome. Sighing, he sets the book aside and hits a buttom. "Hey Beer, anyone come up with any info on Chit Chat yet?" "Not as of an hour ago, Major." Gunfytr shakes his head, "Ok, thanks."

Gazing out the window of his office, Gun ponders. He is gonna have to build a fire under some of his people. He wanted that place found. Leaning up, he begins to type an email to Ciy. She was in the process of building her own team. Gun knew that could be a time consuming process, but maybe a gentle kick in the butt, sweetened by doubling the reward for finding the offices, could persuade her to get it in gear. Gun frowned. Yes...ChitChat will learn the price of mocking his people. Its just...rude. He mentally shrugged. Sometimes they have to be taught a lesson in being polite. That reminds him. "Beer, Im still waiting on the report on the petrol."

((Hey Ciy, find me something I can burn down.))
    Because we said so.

The Eco-Terrorist patrolled the perimeter of the Rising Sun base in Aegean. Keeping an eye on the horizon, he suddenly stops. Looking around his immediate area, he frowns. Not noticing the reason for his su****ion, he continues his patrol.

Gunfytr carefully lifts his head from under his desert cloak. The cloak was old-tech, but the camoflauge still worked. Well, enuff that the sentry almost walked on him, and still didnt see anything amiss. Pulling out a handheld scanner, Gun renews his surveillence of the compound. This particular group, last of the original Eco-Warriors, was effectively toothless, but it was still smart to watch them. "Eco Red" was of the old breed. That the end justified the means. It was a good thing when the rest of the group split off to be Hippies and sit around the campfire and bemoan what OT was doing to the planet. The Eco-Warriors were effectively defunct.

Noticing movement, Gun zooms in. Whos that? Snapping a pic, Gun runs it through the scanners data base. Dodga Demercel. Hmm...whats he doing here? Could this be the gathering of assets he had been warned about? As long as this group continued to be ineffective, Gun was willing to keep an eye on them, but leave them alone. Better the nutcase you knew about than the one you dont. But if this is an attempt to go active.... Gun nods to himself. I wonder if we could get Ciy and Ruca in here to check it out?

Carefully, Gun rolled over to the edge of the stream that emerged on the top of the mesa. Sealing his visor, he slides into the water, letting the current take him. He grinned as he enjoyed the short, turbulent ride. Spewing free of the mesa, he hits open air as he heads to the rocks below the falls. Firing up his jump pack, he glides away. I wonder what Ciy is doing?
    Because we said so.

Gun gazed out the window of his apartment. Putting an office in here was a good idea. Looking back at his term, he shakes his head. So much going on now. Ok, where to start. Gun was putting together an Off-world Team. Some of his old timers needed a break, and a low threat body guard job was just the thing. He grinned. It was a good place to stash Ciy for a while, too. Still too many people asking questions. Better to get her out of the lime light for a bit. Yeah, the apartment would be emptier, but its for a good cause. He would send a request to Pathfinder HQ for a contract for them. A month or two should do it. On a whim, he had offered a spot to Fishman. Hans was in a spotlight himself, with Omni-Pols unending crusade against him. He had turned it down, like Gun expected, but it was worth the effort.

Ok, next on the list. Agrestus. A truely heart breaking situation, but what can be done? Shelve that one for now...

Gun sat back and pondered the next situation. Newland in chaos is a seriously bad thing for business. Boltgun may need a little "unofficial" help. Bolt was a good troop. Nodding to himself, Gun quickly types up a message to Bolt, offering use of PF assets...on the sly, of course. Dont want to possibly undermine his authority by an Omni unit openly offering help.

Hitting /send, Gun pushes his chair back. Paperwork always made him hungry. Wondering what Ciy was up to, he walked down the steps leading to the teleporter. Looking around the apartment at all the changes Ciy had made, he frowns. Yes, hes gonna miss her.
    Last edited by Gunfytr; Jul 10th, 2011 at 20:29:43.
    Because we said so.

"Yes, Sir. Pass along my thanks to the Commandant if you will." Gunfytr closed the terminal and leaned back. Reaching across his desk, he pulled the Unit roster closer, glancing over it. With so many of his Vets gone, he was going to have to shuffle some personel around. With things reletively quiet now on RK, it was a good time to give some of his people some down time. And a really good way to get Ciyanid off planet. Folding her into a regular PF unit was a good idea, and the troops took to her as one of thier own right away. She'll be ok. Just for a moment, he heard a rumbling purr. Looking back at the roster he shook his head. This is going to be a long couple months.
    Because we said so.

Waving his teams out wider, Gun pauses a moment to gaze around him. Pandimonium always fascinated him. Gun loved coming up here, and looked for any reason to do so. Sheperding a group of Omni Exec Tourists was a good as any. He grinned to himself. These guys were clueless and worse than puppies, always looking to get into somthing. The Teams had a full time job up here keeping them safe, from themselves as much as from the creatures here. Show them around Pande for a bit, a quick lunch in Inferno, and back to the planet. At least, that was the plan.

'Uh oh...Hey Boss, we got a problem.'

Gunfytr spins his head in the direction of a pointed arm. Oh, Hell. In the distance, Gunfytr could see one of his 'lost sheep'. How the heck did he slip passed the escort? Gun starts towards him and then stops. Too late. The clueless Exec was striding up to one of the Zods up here....with a sandwich in his hand?? Sighing, Gun flips on his helmet recorder. May as well get tape of this fool. The Exec walks up to the Zod and offers it the sandwich. Momentarily confused, the Zod leans over and studies the small figure in front of him. Gun suddenly notices there is a crowd around him, ooh'ing and aah'ing about the 'brave' Exec. The PFs keep quiet, but Gun can hear giggles over the unit freq.

The Zods continues to study the figure in front of him. The Exec irratibly waves the sandwich at it. Leaning forward closer, the Zod bites the foolish Exec off at the waist. Gun sighs again as the ooh's and aah's turn into screams and he turns to watch the stampede back to the portal.
    Last edited by Gunfytr; Jul 21st, 2011 at 12:04:06.
    Because we said so.

Gunfytr strolled out of "Antiques and such" in Borealis. Stopping to glance around, he sighed. He normally didn't do missing person jobs, but due to who the client was, it seemed like a good idea at the time. But this was proving to be more difficult than he had thought at first. Quite often, a "missing" person was kidnapped. Usually for ransom or to influence those left at home. But that requires the bad guys to contact those at home, and in this case that hasn't occurred. On the other hand, RK was such an incredibly dangerous place, not to mention the Shadowlands, that there were many reasons someone could just disappear.

Gun continued his walk. His first impulse had been to check the local "underground". "Antiques and such" was a front for a betting joint. The Syndicate that ran it was known to him, and they knew him. While not "friendly", there was a mutual urge to not mess with each other. Thier answers had satisfied him enough that he believed they wern't involved. Gun had already been to the Smokers Club in Meetmedere. No luck there, either. So.....unless there's a player hes not aware of, this leaves organized crime out of the equation.

Hmmm.....RK was a dangerous place. The target/victim, while not a trained operator, was expirienced enough that she should know to avoid the more "dicey" spots. Unless. Gun stopped, lost in thought for a moment. Unless the missing person WANTS to be missing. But why? The client and the victim seemed to have a decent relationship. Some minor political issues, but with what they do for jobs, thats to be expected.

Shaking his head, Gun continued on. As much as he hated it, he was going to have to move his search to Tir. Glancing at an insurance term, he made a mental note to make sure his was up to date.
    Last edited by Gunfytr; Aug 31st, 2011 at 07:21:03.
    Because we said so.

Gun stormed into his apartment, dropping his Xan and equipment vest on the kitchen counter. Taking the steps 2 at a time, he hurries into the office he had set up there. Loggin into his comp, he pulls up the warrant database. Quickly scanning the list of new warrants, he stops, finding what he was afraid he would find. Fresh, new warrants for Kotts and Xeenah, both.

Gun sat back in his seat. Well, this is a fine kettle of fish.
    Last edited by Gunfytr; Sep 1st, 2011 at 00:46:25.
    Because we said so.

Gunfytr casually walked up to the public mail terminal. Looking around, he slid a flashdrive into the slot and downloaded a message. Hitting send, he drops the flashdrive back into his pocket and walks away.

/text

Kotts, it seems that you and Xeenah have been implicted in an anti Omni plot. Not that that is so surprising, but I have been slotted with bringing u two to justice. Needless to say, I am still being closely watched. Hence we have a serious conflict of interest. Unfortunately, I am forced to "officially" withdraw from our agreement to find Xeenah. "Unofficially", I will forward my findings to you. I will keep an eye out, but actually FINDING either of you will indeed put me in a place I would not rather be, nor can afford to be. I ask you to respect my position, and hope you will not force my hand in this matter.

Major Gunfytr
    Pathfinders Detachment
    Because we said so.

"Major Gunfytr was sitting in his office, going over daily reports, when his door opened and one of his troops popped in with a large package. Beer holds up the package and says "Hey Gunney, mail for you. It just arrived. We scanned it and it doesn't contain anything dangerous. No return address." He sets the box on the Major's desk.

Gunfytr got up and moved around the desk, inspecting it from all sides. Whipping out a combat knife, he cut the strings tying it closed. Inside were hundreds of shredded and crumpled ChitChat pages. Deep inside the box was a backpack is stuffed with hi-tech gadgets and is covered with a layer of nano circuitry wire. Small, blinking lights can be seen from any angle, and the backpack emits a faint beep every minute!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

((Special thanx to Gen Feyad))
    Because we said so.

Lawdog stuck his head into Gunfytrs office. Seeing the Major sitting at his desk, chin in hands as he stared fixedly at something, he walked in. "Hey Boss, whats--" *Beep* Law stops, dumbstruck. "Where did THAT come from?"

Gun turns to look at him. "No idea, but it begs a bunch of questions."

Law shakes his head, "Hes back?"

Gun grins slowly, "Well, I think thats a safe bet. Ok, go dig a hole and bury this damned thing. Make sure you mark the spot. He'll be wanting it back."

Nodding, Law picks up the Beeping Backpack gently. "Got it Boss."

Watching him walk out, Gun leans back. Well, well, well. Its been a long time. Gazing out the window of his office, he smiles to himself, murmuring, "Welcome back Steely."
    Because we said so.

(( gasp!!! No wai!!! Serious!? ))
    Point Blank

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast