*I'm on my way*
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Gunfytr strides thru Newland, heading for the grid point. As he walks, he goes over the recent happenings in his mind. His cheek still tingled from the kiss. 'No', he thinks, 'I wouldnt mind another like that, at all'.

Gun had stumbled across Ciy inside a Bar in Entertainment District. She was cornered by members of Omni Pol. Gun had come to her rescue, ((Yes, Ciy, it WAS a rescue. I have witnesses :P )), and after a short confrontation with DCI Hunt, got her out of the mess. Gun sighed. He hoped this wouldnt cause friction. His working relationship with Omni Pol was important. While not happy with it, Hunt had accepted his explanation that Gun was debriefing an Operative. Which WAS the truth, more or less.

He and Ciy had exchanged apologies about the whole tracking chip/head smashing thing. He liked the rose, too. It was a nice touch. He and Ciy really had to work out this love/hate/love/hate/i'm gonna kill you/kiss me thing they had going. It was exhausting, and he didnt have energy to spare. Especily now that the assassination conspiricy nuts were at it again (or were they "nuts" after all?). With Jaeger off-world and safely at Pathfinder HQ, he was the only one aware of the intercepted transmission. He would have to wait and see.
    Because we said so.

Gunfytr ghosted silently across the barren landscape, keeping a careful watch around him. The Aliens had a serious foothold in the Outlands, and part of the Pathfinders duties was keeping an eye on them. Gun had decided to go out himself and check on any unusual developments. Nothing new here, he mused silently, still no life. The Aliens were tenaciously fighting attempts to Terra-form the uninhabited parts of Rubi-Ka. And doing rather well in their efforts.

Gunfytr freezes as a weak signal comes across his comms.

*Anyone there? I could sure use a hand here.*

Homing in on the signal, Gun crests a low rise. He sees a lone figure in the distance, attempting a fighting withdrawal, a small horde of Aliens in hot pursuit. Gun moves around to where the figure is unknowingly leading the Aliens to a dead end. He looks over the walls of a cul de sac, as the figure realizes his mistake and prepares to sell his life at a dear price.

Cursing himself for not bringing a rope, Gun swings his legs over the side and slides down to land next to the figure. With barely time to acknowledge his presence, they go back to back as the swarm of Aliens charge.
    Last edited by Gunfytr; Jun 11th, 2010 at 06:51:53.
    Because we said so.

Gunfytr pins the last Alien to the ground with his boot, and hammers his now empty Xan rifle into its head. Glancing around, he quickly reloads, then draws a sigh of relief. Fighting Aliens is never a sure thing. You never know when more of them will pop in out of nowhere.

Out of the corner of his eye, he sees the unknown he had helped out of this predicament sag against the rock wall and fumble at the straps of his helmet. Taking off his own helmet, he turns, and is struck speechless as the young Solitus female shakes out long brown hair and sighs in relief. She glances over at Gun.

'Thanks a lot, pal. I thought I was toast. I should have known better than.....'

Her words trail off as she finally gets a good look at Gunfytr, looking him up and down, taking in his black armor and black sharpened shoulder spikes. Her gaze locked on the "OT" emblem on the front of his tank armor, she blindly fumbles for her P Blaster, leaning against the rocks at her side. A look of dawning horror slowly creeps across her face.

Gun shakes off the stupor and lets his rifle hang from its straps across his chest. Holding up empty hands, he says quietly, 'You're not gonna zap me after I saved your butt, now, are ya?'

The Clan Soldier holds her Blaster on Gun, intense brown eyes staring into his. Gun watches as conflicting emotions run thru her mind. Hands still up, Gun shrugs. 'Do it if you feel you have to, but its not a nice way of saying "Thank you".

The Soldier stares piercingly at him, and after a moment, lowers the weapon. Leaning back against a rock, she ruefully grins, 'I guess I do owe you thanks, after all. Who are you, and what made an Omlete save ME?'

'My pleasure, Ma'am. You may call me Gunfytr.' Rolling his head around his neck, he continues, 'Honestly, I didnt realize you were a Clan. Not that it would have made that much of a difference, I dislike Aliens a LOT more than I dislike the average Clanner. And who would you be?'

The Clan Soldier's eyes had widened slightly upon hearing Guns name, but otherwise gave no reaction. 'Aren't you........nevermind. I'm Mokeny0. What are you doing here?'

Gun laughs, 'Ahhh, now Lass, thats not a proper question. Any more than I'm going to ask you what YOU are doing out here, snooping around.'

Blushing slighty, she nods, 'Point taken. Well, I'm heading back to the Unicorn Outpost. If you're done with YOUR snooping....?'

Gun holds out a hand to her, and after a moment, she takes it, Gun pulling her to her feet. 'Alright, then. I got point.'

Gun takes lead, blazing a path out of the canyon, Mokeny0 falling in behind. Gun turns and flashes her a wink. Eyes sparkling, she sends him a grin in return. Still smiling, Gun faces front, inwardly chuckling as, once again, Fate sends him a curve ball. One recurring thought drifting thru his head, 'What is it with me and CLAN chicks??"

((Mokeny0 used with permission))
    Last edited by Gunfytr; Jun 11th, 2010 at 07:30:47.
    Because we said so.

((Face it, Bad Girls get your pistol ready! ))
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

reads the report and grins Interesting ... Very interesting and starts laughing while closing her datapad
    Last edited by Aerya; Jun 14th, 2010 at 23:48:24.
    Hikari "Aerya" Hirano (Level 220 AI 30 LE 70) Number of Invaders killed: 108121 [Equipment]
    Squad Commander of First Order (retired)
    OT-Reform Officer

"Remember, Bigman, it is easy "protect society" by executing a criminal, but that will not bring back his victims. If one can cure him instead and use him to make life better and brighter for that society, how much more has been accomplished!"
    I.Asimov

This is OT-Reform way.
    We do not KILL people... We PROCESS them

Gun sits in a back booth in Neuters R Us, chatting with Mokeny0. They had both acknowledged an interest in each other, and were enjoying each others company. Gun was telling the end of the "Leet from orbit" story, and had Mok rolling around her bench seat, laughing. Noticing a person standing at the entrance of the booth, Gun turns to see Aerya standing there. With a quick warning glance at Mok, he smiles in welcome, 'Good day, Aerya, and how is Reforms Finest today?'
    'I am fine, Major, and yourself?'
    'Doing quite well, as a matter of fact', Gunftyr grins.
    Noticing Mokeny0, Aerya examines her with a cool stare, 'I can see that. I dont believe I know your friend'
    Shooting Mok another glance, Gun waves in an off hand manner, ' Ahh, this is one of my people. Names are so blase these days.' Gun motions for her to have a seat on the bench across from him, 'So, what can I do for you?'
    With another evaluating glance towards Mok, Aerya grins slyly and slides in next to Gun, snuggling up next to him. She grins wider as she notices Mokeny0s cheeks turning pink. 'You looked lonely over here so I thought I'd come over and fix that.' She smiles sweetly into Moks scowl, 'Dont you think he looks lonely?'
    Mokeny0 opens her mouth for a scathing rebuttal, but is interrupted by Gun. "Sure you did, Omni Reform is well known for their concern. Now what are you REALLY up to?'
    Aeryas fake pout disappears instantly, "Fine, be that way. Ruin a girls fun, why dont you?' She gives a dramatic sigh, and becomes businesslike. 'I have a proposal for you.'
    'Do you now? How much does it pay? Whats the objective?'
    'Pay? There is no pay for this little venture, but I think you may be interested, none the less.'
    Gun turns to face her and leans back on the bench seat, 'Convince me.'
    Aerya nods, 'I have an idea. This is mine and mine alone. This is not a Reform sanctioned job, and Im doing it with assets that either I control personally, or trust. I am able to contribute my own personal team, information, and a plan. If we are successful, this will be known officially as a Joint Reform/Pathfinder Operation. With BOTH Units sharing in the glory. All I ask is the use of 1 or 2 of your Teams and your promise of absolute secrecy. If we fail, this must never be known.'
    Gunfytr slowly nods, 'I can promise to hear you out, and even if I dont decide to enter your little enterprise, I will keep it a secret between us.'
    Aerya nods in acceptance, 'Given the bad blood between our Units, I thought that this would help show the Administration that we are able to "play" together and turn a profit for the Corporation. Give me a time, and Ill have a disc with all the relevant data delivered to you.'
    'Allright', throwing Mokeny0 a wink, Gun says, 'Hopefully, Im going to be busy the rest of the evening. Send it to the Compound tomorrow.'
    Standing up, Aerya replies, 'It will be there. And just to wet your interest. You are aware of the teleporters that connect to the AI Motherships?'
    Gun nods slowly, 'yes'.
    Aerya grins, 'What if I told you where a smaller, more transportable, more "Accessible" version could be found. AND captured? Think on it.'
    With that, she whirls away and disapears into the gloom of the bar.
    Gun sits stunned, the possibilities racing thru his mind. He looks across the table at Mok, 'You didnt hear any of that conversation, ok?'
    Mok snorts, 'Are you kidding me? I had to sit there while that, that...trollop hangs all over you in front of me like that?? No way you're leaving me out of this!'
    Gun smiles at her, 'Ok, but we are gonna do it MY way. And you may not like it.'
    Last edited by Gunfytr; Jun 23rd, 2010 at 21:31:30.
    Because we said so.

Hey gun, you told me about your thread, so here i is, reading its!

Gunfytr paces around his office, comm headset firmly in place.

Yes, Sir. I understand.
    Sir, I was debriefing two of my assets and the Unicorns took offense to their presence.
    Its not like anyone was reclaimed, Sir.
    I agree, Sir, brawling in Omni-Ent is very unprofessional. Especially over two Clanners. However.....
    Sir, I....
    ...................!??!
    Its is well within ur contract rights to send a complaint to Pathfinder HQ.
    Technically, Sir, this was just two contractors having a jusidictional dispute.
    .........$@!*&!!!!
    If you feel that requesting my removal from contract is warranted, then I can only-
    *CLICK*

Slowly Gun sat at his desk. Well, this is gonna sting a bit. Bad timing. The CEO is under enuff stress, without his contractors feuding. Not that there is any love lost between the Unis and PFs anyway.

He rubbed his eyes. Well, Ciy, if you wanted an "outshot", you got it this time. Break my heart, Ill live. Mess with my head, been there before. Mess with my JOB? Nope, its over. Theres too much left to be done here to risk being sent off-planet.

He glanced at the chrono. Yup, time to get suited up. The Op this afternoon will be....fasinating.

Staring out the window, he leans his head against the cool glass. "Goodbye Ciy, I have to wash my hands and heart of you. Im all out of options", he whispers.
    Last edited by Gunfytr; Oct 10th, 2010 at 02:06:18.
    Because we said so.

"Got one!! Dragging it with us!"

Gun sticks the scope over the edge of the wahdi. Yep, here they come. Tersely, he orders, "Get ready". Three teams of Pathfinders prepare to go over the lip. Gun spots Aerya as she and her Reform Team preform a fighting withdrawal. Hovering over them is an Alien Scoutship, pumping out Aliens as fast as it could from its teleporter. Gun watches as one luckless Reform member is pounced on by 4 Aliens and torn apart.

Gun comms her, "Little closer, get it next to the wall."

Aerya and the remants of her Team put their backs to the wall below the Pathfinders and stage a heroic and desparate defense. Alien reinforcements constantly teleporting in and swarming them. The Scoutship hovers over them, just within reach of the PF troops.

Gun stands up, "GO!"

The Pathfinders fling a titanium net over the Scoutship, then jump ONTO the ship...driving it into the sand. The Scoutship bounces, stunned, and is again driven into the sand. The dismounted scouts, momentarily confused, go into a frenzy, trying to free the ship. A whirling melee breaks out. The Allied troops trying to keep the Scoutship on the ground and unable to t'port more aliens, the aliens trying to free the Scoutship, and the Scoutship itself just trying to get away.

Gun and Aerya throw a black hood over what their best guess was the Crafts sensors, as other troops try to secure a mirrored armor plate under the Ship, to block the T'porter. The rest of the Allied troops fight the frantic Aliens.

Aerya murmurs into her comms, and in seconds a whine fills the air. Gun looks up to see a transport shuttle hovering over them, opening its belly doors. Chains drop and are quickly secured to the Alien Ship. Gun motions to 2 of his teams to get on top of the Ship and ride up with it. They will be needed to manhandle the panicked alien craft. Aerya gives a thumbs up to the shuttle crew, and powerful winches start to drag the Alien into the shuttle. They watch as the doors close on their prize and Aerya turns a dazzeling smile to Gun. He grins in return, shouting, "Lets be like the Good Shepard, and get the Flock outta here!"

Pumping a fist in reply, she warps her team out. "Do it," He comms MJ, and finds himself in the Grid.

Trundling along the grid, heading for Base, Gun gets the message that the Ship is being unloaded at Omni Labs now. Sighing in relief, ((does one breathe in the grid?)), he acknowledges the report. Study of the Aliens teleporter will be worth a fortune to the Company. Maybe even enuff for him to be forgiven for beating up those Unis.

Zoning out at PF Base, he stretches. Very good OP, very smooth. News of the joint Reform/Pathfinder Mission will help get some pressure off him. Especially a Mission this important. He shakes his head. If only his personal life were as easy.
    Last edited by Gunfytr; Oct 20th, 2010 at 03:51:57.
    Because we said so.

((10K Views.
    I hope you guys have enjoyed the journey as much as I have.

Thank you.))
    Because we said so.

(( Oh wow, Gz! And yes, should start from the first post again... ;p ))
    *Giggle*

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Now that my /RP partner is back, I'm sure stuff will pick up a bit. <3
    ~[[ Trying to be active on forums. ]]~

(( I certainly know I have always enjoyed these stories. Gratz Gun... And I hope to be around to read see the count top 20K! ))
    Coordinator Ninanna. LTC Team Lead

Current effective emails: Ninanna@ark.AOark.info, ark.Ninanna@gmail.com
    or for Mmir the Events AD: Mirr@ark.AOark.info, arkmmirad@gmail.com
    Events Department, Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    To Email Events Department

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    ((does one breathe in the grid?))
    (( Well, if we can talk in the grid... ))

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenah View Post
    (( Well, if we can talk in the grid... ))
    (( Yes, but is it really talking or just the mingling of digital energy? ))

[[ It's OFFICIAL, this thread has been hijacked! heh heh ]]
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Quote Originally Posted by Nadab View Post
    (( Yes, but is it really talking or just the mingling of digital energy? ))

[[ It's OFFICIAL, this thread has been hijacked! heh heh ]]
    (( Maybe we could take it to the 4th wall and stop derailing this great thread ^_^ ))

Lawdog sits at his comp term, doing research. Suddenly his comm pops. He hears Beersoldiers frantic voice, and a strange shrieking in the background.

*Law! Majors office, NOW!!*

Sprinting down the hallway to Guns office, he stops short as Corpdoc and Grumpy are hurled out the door, slamming into the wall. He quickly moves inside and see several Pathfinders on top of Gunfytr, trying to restrain him, with Beer directing them. Dumbfounded, Law turns to Beer, "Sarge, WTF??"
    Beer looks at him grimly, "Feyad has got Ciyanid".
    Instantly, Law morphs into a large cat and springs on Gun, smothering him under fur. Biting and clawing Gun struggles to get up, shrieking, "You know what they DO!! You know what they'll DO to her!!"
    Beer joins the pile, trying to calm his friend and Commander. "Boss, we'll get her out! Somehow we'll get her."
    Gun screams back at him, "But it wont be HER!!"

Suddenly the pile goes still. Gun says quietly, "Im ok, let me up." Gingerly, the pile unfolds and Gun walks behind his desk. Uprighting his chair, he slowly sinks into it.
    Beer notices the crowd of horrified PFs standing in the hallway and snaps, "Clear the area, now!" He glances back at Gun, looking away at what he sees there.

Gun stands up, leaning on his desk. Looking around, he says harshly, "The rules have just changed....everyone get out."
    Because we said so.

Gunfytr strides into Omni-Pol HQ. His SpecOps uniform perfect. Insignia, rank and ribbons proudly displayed. He marches to the front desk and addresses the On Duty Corporal. The Corporal looks Gun up and down, noting the off world decorations and ribbons. He nods respectfully.

'Yes, Major, what can I do for you?'
    'I have come to petition the release of Julia "Ciyanid" Gilliano'
    The Corporal starts slightly, frowning. 'I'm sorry?'
    Calmly, Gun repeats, 'I have come to petition the release of Julia "Ciyanid" Gilliano'
    Frowning deeper, he replies, 'I'll let you talk to the Captain, Sir.'
    Picking up a comm unit, he speaks in hushed tones for a second. 'He'll be right with you, Major.'
    Gunfytr nods, and stands at ease. In all appearances, completely calm. Only an intent observer would have noticed the single drop of sweat, running from his hairline.
    An Omni-Pol Captain comes out of a rear office.
    'Good day, Major, what can Omni-Pol do for our contract bretheren?'
    'Captain, I have come to petition for the release of Julia "Ciyanid" Gil---'
    The Captains booming laugh interrupts Gun. 'I thought thats what he said, but I couldnt believe it.' He fixes Gun with a broad smile. 'No. No way, no how, no chance. We have been looking for her for a long time. We got her, we're keeping her.'
    Gun nods, 'Captain, give her to me and she'll be off planet in an hour. Shes never trouble Omni again.'
    The Captain laughs, 'You're dreamin'. We have serious plans for THAT little girl. And when we get done with her, not only will she never trouble the Corporation again, she'll be a good little employee.'
    Gun takes a deep breathe, "I wish to petition directly to General Feyad with this. I'm going over your head, Captain.'
    The Omni-Pol Boss sneers at Gun, 'I dont care about those oak leaves on your collar, "Major", and you have to get passed me to see the General. And thats not gonna happen. Not that he would even entertain the thought.'
    Guns head drops to his chest for a moment. He whispers, 'So be it.' Lifting his head up, he looks the Captain in the eye. 'Thanks for your time, Captain. I'll be seeing you around.'
    Gunfytr spins on his heal, and stalks out of the office.
    Because we said so.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast