Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roleplaying Organizations v3.0

Roleplaying Organizations v3.0

This is a list of orgs that have declared themselves as role-play orgs in some capacity. It is a continuation of Nevvar's old list (which in turn was a paring down of Demenzia's). Berael Was also kind enough to update, and maintain this list for years after as well. A big thanks to above mentioned for all their efforts.
    If you would like to have your org added to the list either have your org president/leader send me a PM on the forums about it with your org's website and classification level or post a response in this thread.

If your org does actually roleplay, please submit it here, and I'll update the list below as soon as possible.

Clan

Neutral
    • Black-Net (D)
    • Elite Operations (A) - web site
    • The Kindred (A) - web site
    • Third Faction (B) - web site
    • Mort Community College (C)
    • University of Borealis (C)
    • Wolf Brigade (A) - web site

Omni-Tek

For a list of RP orgs (both player-based and fictional for stories purposes) and their descriptions, have a look at this thread.

Note on org classifications: You probably have noticed letters behind the name of certain of the listed orgs. This is a project of 'classification', meant to help people in their choice of an org. All of us don't roleplay the same way, nor are looking for the same degree of RP involvement. So, hope this can help.

Org type A
    An org where RP is casual but present. 'Regular' players and roleplayers are mixed. An org to join for a light experience of RP without getting too deeply involved into backgrounds and rules of conduct.

Org type B
    An org where RP is common. All members are able to roleplay when they want to. A polyvalent org where all kinds of attitude can cohabit freely.

Org type C
    An org where RP is required. Some stories can be prepared, members happily join roleplayed conversations, yet are also involved in other aspects of the game.

Org type D
    An org where RP is very present. All players are ready to be involved into stories and roleplay naturally. In Char talk is applied, yet some liberties are allowed.

Org type E
    An org where RP is everything. All members are experienced roleplayers or learning to be. Stories and backgrounds are what leads the org, other aspects of the game are secondary. Out Of Char talk is restricted.

[IC]: The organisation is a member of the Infinite Circle alliance (Omni-Tek)
    Last edited by Kotts; Mar 21st, 2012 at 23:42:14.
    Point Blank

Reserved just in case
    Point Blank

Department of Investigations on OT side is class E heavy rp, though it's semi inactive now.

Updated.
    Semi inactive, is still not inactive.

Side note I thought about including the sub factions, and departments the orgs are officially apart of. As in Omni-Pol for DoI, and Omni-Pol. Vanguards for DA, and the like. Not really sure what to do about the Nuets in that case however. What do ya'll think?

Again if you see any orgs missing or would like yours listed hit the reply button or PM me. Thanks!
    Point Blank

neuts: pro-toog, anti-toog, indifferent to toog (and newland council thus)
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Patched

Anyone heard anything out of SoS? I'm told they have pertty much gone to sleep...

As for the nuets They pretty much define themselves individually. They more then likely have several tags slapped on them then just one unlike Clans or OT. hrmmm.
    Point Blank

The Red Brotherhoods website is http://trb.polbear.no

We are Org type A, do some light RP events now and then and try to attend to CoT.
    Strombanni, 220/70/30 Doctor
    General of The Red Brotherhood | Our videos

If a man of learning does not understand brotherhood
    has not the learning been a waste?

Gotcha. The CoT roster is where i pulled ya'll from.

Same goes for the NLCC, and BoD. If the attendees see an org at one of the meetings, and they are not on the list let me know!
    Point Blank

Few more changes.

Keep in mind guys that sending me info in game will work but it make take much much longer. I got a lot of things keeping me busy these days with family, work, and even alts and other games. The best, and fastest way is via PM on the forums, or just posting here. both will send me email alerts, and let me know to get on her and do some editing!

Edit: another prime example of why I prefer the forums is that I just crashed to desktop on loading, and I think (I did for sure) I lost my offline messages. I know it's rough on froobs since they can't post or even send in game mail, but who knows... maybe you can poke someone with forums access to pass it on. I can promse none of the above posters bite-- well -- wait... uhm actually... Strombanni is the only one that doesn't bite, and I'm not even sure about that.

ok ok you'll get bitten, but at least you'll get your org posted pronto!!
    Last edited by Kotts; Jul 13th, 2011 at 02:44:12.
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts View Post
    Patched

Anyone heard anything out of SoS? I'm told they have pertty much gone to sleep...

As for the nuets They pretty much define themselves individually. They more then likely have several tags slapped on them then just one unlike Clans or OT. hrmmm.
    I think you can take SOS off the list.
    The webpage is shut down and I don't think they have any active members at the moment.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    I think you can take SOS off the list.
    The webpage is shut down and I don't think they have any active members at the moment.
    Yah, my OT alt is the only one who is ever online when I log her in. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

i've seen Sanqq around now & then lately
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Same, Going to shoot him and the pres a message at some point as ask them what's up.
    Point Blank

Shoot an SOS memeber and I might have to hurt you :P
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

nah they've always been peaceful folk, and I mellowed.
    Point Blank

I have a suggestion. Perhaps get a couple of 'contact' people for each of the orgs so people can find out who to contact in-game if the want to do it that way.

As to SOS, they died before I left AO for a couple of years (just returned the other day) and were silent even when they would have 5 or more people online at once. Couldn't get a hello out of most of them, and only Lise (Gimpeline) seemed interested in trying to keep them alive. (I'll give her 10 points if she can work out who this is...)
    Last edited by DasExil; Jul 28th, 2011 at 13:25:57.

I thought about even listing individual RPers that are in an org that generaly doesn't RP, Like Gunfytr, and Ciyanid (at least I didn't hear otherwise about OnTT, and Private Playthings).
    The hitch is that people come and go. sometimes they switch toons, sometimes they just don't log in for a while, and sometimes they just disappear/quit. I've seen this happen with the CoT in which and org has listed representatives, however those reps disappear or change and the clericals don't find out until a few months or more has gone by that Rep-2 has been playing an alt.

I guess I could list contact people for orgs and individual RPers (Rpers in not RP orgs), however it might be for a limited time, or something like that... send me and update once a month or so that you as an individual (Or org) that you want these reps listed. otherwise I'll have it listed for a month, and if I don't hear anything beyond that, then I'll take them down again.
    Point Blank

For Omni-Pol our org roster is updated each quarter - if someone is listed on there, the likelihood is that you will get a response. The one on our website only lists mains, so the chance of reaching an active player and not a random alt is also higher.

Have a nice chat with Sanqq over the last few days, SoS still has some embers burning. That's good enough for me.
    Point Blank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast